“Best Hotel”

Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #50 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed January 16, 2014

“Hotel: Like Home, Staff: Like Family”
It was very clean , I had a good sleep, I was greeted by genuine smiles and a staff that valued me as a customer and person, best staff very help full , love the buffet a lot of variety,
fast check in & out, best price , close to everything , what can I say ... A +

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SALVADOR M
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here a week for the Outback Bowl. The place is clean, maid service is great, the breakfast good, as was the light dinner and happy hour on M-W. The kitchen staff were very friendly and helpful, as was the front desk staff. We had a small issue in the bathroom that was resolved promptly. Very happy with the comfort of the room. We will be sure to book in this hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chogarty
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello Chogarty -

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Tampa Bay.

Donald J. Feith

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I have come to expect a clean, comfortable suite when I stay at a Residence Inn, and I wasn't disappointed! I also liked the location. It was easy to find, & there's lots of stores & restaurants nearby. The airport is close, but not too close. There was no noise from takeoffs & landings. Parking is free, & the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank GGStl
Reviewed December 20, 2013

After a long week of business in the Tampa area, I chose this hotel because it was not far from the Airport. After a warm greeting at check in, I was off to my room. To my surprise, I was given a room with a balcony, which was great considering the lovely weather in Tampa. The location was also great. There are quite a few restaurants in walking distance and a very nice mall across the street. This is also a great ocation if you are in town for a Tampa Bay Bucs game. The stadium is less than 2 miles away.

I'd also like to express my gratitude to the awesome staff of this hotel. They go above and beyond to take care of their guests. During check out, I realized that I had left my room key in the room and informed the representative at the desk. What I did not know is that I had left my Passport Card in the room as well. Unfortunately, I did not realize this until I approached the TSA area at the Tampa Airport. Luckily, I had an additional photo ID. After making it through security, I called the hotel to inform them of the mishap. A very nice woman by the name of Natty informed me that she would check the room for my item and give me call ASAP. Less than 10 minutes, Natty called me stating that she had located the item. I explained to her that I was about to board my flight and would not be able to return to the hotel. She verified my address from the hotel booking and asked if I had a problem with it being mailed to home. I told her that would be perfect. Two days later, my Passport Card arrived in the mail! I'd like to thank Natty for going above and beyond while resolving an issue that was due to my forgetfulness. Needless to say, if I am ever in this area again, this will be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing W Boy Scout Blvd
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Hello Monty229

It is always great to hear stories of my team providing excellent service to the guests of our hotel. The staff at the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore prides themselves on creating a positive memory for our guests. I feel as if Natty did a good job of this and am thankful to you for sharing your experience with the world.

Thank you and I hope to see you again

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had everything we could ask for and more at this little gem of a hotel that was centrally located for the trip we made to Tampa for a family wedding. And free breakfast buffet each morning to boot!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TeamLeaderCAM

Hello TeamLeaderCAM

Words/phrases I love to hear in a review about our hotel...1) Great Value 2) Everything and more 3) little gem of a hotel.

WOW! Thank you so much for your response.

Hope to see you at our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This place is in a great location. Number of restaurants in walking distance. Mall is across the street. Access to airport and multiple highways. Rooms are a good size and clean. The place is busy. It's not dirty but shows some wear and some age. Front desk staff always very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Front desk staff is very helpful. There are a lot of regulars at this hotel so expect some limits a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vincenzopwd

I am very proud of this hotel and my team and I am pleased that you had a positive experience. We really do try our best and I believe that the reviews found on tripadvisor, by individuals like yourself, show our level of commitment.

You will also be happy to learn that 4th quarter 2014 this hotel will be going through another renovation. I, as is my team, am very excited.

Thank you again for your time and your words.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Excellent location near the airport and a shopping mall - excellent dining experiences all around the mall area about 2-3 blocks away from hotel. Hotel is clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. As a bacon lover, I was disappointed that no bacon was served at breakfast during my 4-day stay. Must note that this is becoming common at many of the hotels where I have stayed in the past 4 months. Internet service was very good. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank UTCFan

Thank you UTCFan!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is so easy for people to have a great experience and to keep it to themselves. However it takes effort and personal time to do what you did and I am very appreciative.

I wish you the best and look forward to having you back to our hotel the next time you are in Tampa.

GO MOCS!!