“This is the place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Tampa Downtown

Residence Inn Tampa Downtown
Ranked #69 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Austin, Texas
“This is the place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I cannot rave enough about this spot. Close to the airport, minutes from channelside AND Ybor city. There is a bonus courtesy shuttle that goes to Channelside, Ybor, and anywhere within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. The rooms are modern, large, and comfortable. And the value, at a reg rate of around $100 per night is truly a steal considering the location, the service, and the amenities.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

I didn't stay here. When I went to check in and they wanted to charge me a $100 pet fee due to the "additional cleaning necessary" with a pet, I did not stay. I can see charging a deposit and then refunding due to the pet, or charging $50... but $100 is ridiculous. Its on the website but you have to look for this info.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I went to Tampa to visit my ailing cousin and we stayed at this hotel. It had a nice staff, clean comfortable rooms and the pool was a bit small but it was nice too.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

I found this hotel here on Tripadvisor and I am SO glad I stayed here. I am very picky about hotel rooms. I hate to be disappointed or uncomfortable. Sometimes hotel room furniture can be like dorm room furniture, to me anyway. I get grossed out by it, like what the last guests might have done to it. Newho, I didnt have that feeling here!
We had trouble finding it from Tampa International Airport but Im pretty sure if we would have had GPS it wouldve been alot easier becuz it really is like right downtown. The parking is right across the street, costs $8 a night which they add to your bill during check-out. I had no problem picking up wireless from my room and the one shared computer in the lobby was often open for my use. The middle aged to older women who worked the front desk were very nice. The younger girl was just kind of there. Which annoyed me, I felt like she should have at the very least acknowledged our presence in passing instead of not even looking up from whatever she was doing because Im pretty sure she wasnt working.
Anyway, I shared a 2 bedroom suite with my mother on the 7th floor. There was a plasma in both bedroomz as well as the livingroom. Fireplace looked great, nice view of the parking lot (my mother likez to see the car from the room) and downtown tampa skyline. We each had our own bathroom. The bathroomz were pretty standard, maybe a step above standard because there was like a marble thing going on little bit BUT they were very clean. I didnt wear flip flopz in the shower or get skeevy if my skin touched the shower curtain or the wall. Therez a full kitchen with everything in there you will need to cook your own mealz and also a working dishwasher. I believe there was enough to accomodate a family of four. Full sized fridge as well. It almost felt wrong for the two of us to have so much to ourselves. The bedz were AMAZING to say the least. I could have just layed there all day and night. We didnt use the pool, exercise room or have the free hot breakfast but it smelled good on our way out. If you want a home away from home, stay here. I would def move in if it were an apartment, especially if it came with maid service to make my bed and give me fresh towelz AND load the dishwasher for me while I was out! Awesome!

The only "con" I could come up with is that we didnt see any places close by to eat, for that youd have to jump on the highway. But if you goto walmart and buy food to cook then your all set anyway!

• Stayed July 2009
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I must admit that I wasn't too excited to be staying at a Residence Inn but once I got there, that all changed.

The hotel is lovely and looks to have been recently updated. My room was absolutely beautiful. Bright paint, nice pictures, granite countertops in the kitchenette...CLEAN! I mean, the place was so clean and updated that the shower curtain still had that new plastic smell to it.

Bed was comfy, shower pressure was good, water was hot. There appeared to be a complimentary buffet style breakfast in the morning but they were cleaning it up by the time I got downstairs at 9:30am.

Boarding pass was complimentarty to print out and right by the exit door.

The gals at the front desk were pleasant and helpful and had big smiles. They were delightful and seemed really glad that I was there and made me feel quite welcome. I wish I had remembered their names to compliment them here.

Nice job, Tampa Residence Inn!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 nights while I took the Florida Bar Exam. Can't say enough good things about the property. Shared a 2 bedroom suite with a friend who was also taking the bar. The suite was not that much more than staying at the nearby Howard Johnson (which I heard was pretty gross) and a lot less than staying at the Hyatt (which is is 4 blocks closer). The suite was incredible. Granite countertops, a fireplace, comfortable beds, and 3 40" LG flat screed tvs (one in each room). Free shuttle to the convention center. Complimentary hot breakfast. Great staff. Reasonably priced parking. Can't say enough good things. My secret is out. This is the perfect place to stay when taking the bar exam.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank mnixon
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

We were a family of 7 going on a cruise. We needed a place to stay the night before our cruise sailed. We got a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms were very nice. Breakfast was great. They were in the midst of redoing the lobby/breakfast area so I'm sure it will be even nicer.

• Liked — Rooms and Breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family