“Mixed Reviews” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Chicago, Illinois
“Mixed Reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have mixed reviews about my reservation and stay. The staff was really friendly... The property it self needed some upkeep and house keeping. I called and requested the senior rate for my stay for a two bedroom suite. Once I got the confirmation email I called back and was informed that once I check in the Senior rate would be applied. When we arrived at the hotel I asked about my senior rate and I was told ...oh they sold out.....this really issed me off... but it was too late to go anywhere else.... They have a nice hotel shuttle but no airport shuttle... Have to pay to get there... also not knowledgeable about nearby stores and etc.... I have stayed in better Residence Inns and should have looked more before booking... They have a good pool and a basketball court and like I said the Staff was really friendly

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MZPASTRYCHEF
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
MZPASTRYCHEF,

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and I'm happy that you really enjoyed our staff. Having friendly, happy and helpful staff is very important to us so when I read that you were not very well taken care of with your rate request and weren't given good local information, it has gotten me quite concerned. I would appreciate it if you were able to call the hotel and speak with me so that I can get some more information. Getting reviews is always important so that we know that we are doing a good job and so that we know where we need to focus some additional training efforts. We do have a complimentary shuttle that is available for our guests within a 2 mile radius. The airport is a further than 2 miles and so we have put into place a partnership with a local transportation company that will help you save $20.00 round-trip. Please call us and we are more than happy to give you their information.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Shab Sachedina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The downtown Residence in co-located with the Courtyard. In fact, they share the same pool and outside area. The Residence is an older property that urgently needs a renovation.
Parking: They over charge for parking. If you stay in this area, I would recommend finding another parking lot that is less expensive. Also, they Residence and Courtyard share a parking lot. Residence is only authorized so many parking spaces and it fills up quickly. If you arrive late, it is likely you will not find a parking space even if you paid for one.
Lobby: The lobby and breakfast is area is clean and possesses everything else any other Marriott chain provides. While we all love those waffles, you can only eat them so many times before they get old.
Room: The room has a full kitchen with a large fridge which Is great if you are staying for a long period of time. There was a huge stain in the middle of the carpet that annoyed me everyday. The bed was not as soft as and comfy as the more updated Marriott chains but was clean. I was on the second floor and did not have any distracting sounds from outside and was able to sleep comfortably through the night.
Staff: The staff was very friendly especially during the reservation process and check-in.
Overall: Older property but clean. If you are working downtown and staying for a long period of time, this is probably the best location for you. If you are staying short time, I would recommend the Courtyard. I hope this help.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Snuphiluphigus,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Our motto at the hotel is to be the friendliest and cleanest hotel in town and I'm happy that we were friendly and made you feel welcome. Cleansliness is of major importance to us and please know that we have done an end of the year carpet cleaning and we do a deep cleaning of our carpets quite often. I do want to clarify on your comments about the parking. While we do share the parking lot across the street with the Courtyard, we do have another big parking lot across the street on the other side of our hotel and it has plenty of parking for our guests as well. We have worked hard to make sure that we do all that we can to provide our guests the conveniences that they need!

Thank you so much for staying with us,

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Good choice if you are looking for a hotel with full size kitchen...service is excellent. Request a room facing courtyard. Outside rooms a bit noisy but hotel staff gladly switched my room even when hotel over booked. Pool is shaded most of day so not a great hotel if you want to sunbath. Nice fire pit outside for visiting.. Hotel shares a pool and courtyard with the marriott courtyard who has a cafe and bar..Marriott residence has breakfast only.

Stayed December 2013
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
AddictedToTravel01,

THANK YOU so much for your great review! It is our goal in life to give superb service to each an every one of our guests and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and let everyone else know that you liked staying here with us! Our pool can get taken over by the shade a little bit but we have another pool that we can send you to so that you can properly work on your Florida tan! Always make sure to come to the front desk for anything that we can do to ensure that you truly enjoy your stay with us while you are here in beautiful Tampa, FL.
Mount Royal, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel was pretty poor, even for a Residence Inn. I wouldn't suggest staying here. The room was pretty clean but the service wasn't very good. The first 4 keys I was printed didn't work. The cleaning staff didn't replace the shampoo. At the end of the stay the receipt I received was a basically a blank piece of paper with some smeared ink. You couldn't read one word or number on it and the front deck told me their printer was acting up. This is a BASIC function of a hotel. Also, the location was a little sketchy. There was a 'free' shuttle but also a shady guy in the lobby trying to pitch his shuttle (for a fee) telling the guests the regular shuttle wouldn't be back for 45 minutes. We waited 5 minutes and the regular shuttle arrived.

The most annoying thing was the staff's inability to understand my reservation (which was made through marriott, not a third party). I booked two rooms, one for two nights and one for three nights. After checking out of the first room the hotel called me while I was at the Bucs game asking why I hadn't vacated the other room. It was very difficult to straighten this out in the middle of a loud football game, nor did I want to be distracted from the game to handle this. I had to rush back to the hotel after the game to explain to them we had the second room reserved an additional night which they should have seen in the system. I won't be staying here again. I am a platinum marriott rewards member and I am overall very pleased with 90% of the marriotts I stay in. I also stayed at the regular Marriott Waterside hotel in Tampa a few blocks away and that was very nice. Stay there if you are looking for a marriott and can afford to spend a little more.

Room Tip: The one room suite has a nice bedroom but a very small living room with an uncomfortable pull out co...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Mr. Lynch,

Thank you so much for staying with us though I am so very sorry that you didn't get to experience the phenominal service that our guests are accustomed to. I would love nothing more than to hear from you so that I can get an even better understanding as to what happened that day. I will email you directly so that I can clarify a few things. Our hotel is in the heart of downtown and does give complimentary rides for guests within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. The Bucs stadium is further than 2 miles and we normally make arrangements for our guests to get to the game using alternative transportation. I will make sure to have a conversation with the company so that no one else experiences what you had to go through. Again, please accept our apologies and know that we sincerely appreciate the time that you took to tell us about your experience so that we can work on these issues. I have checked our printers and they do work very well! Giving you a folio that you can't read is pointless so I do appreciate your frustration. I will email you a fresh one for your records. I hope that I can have the opportunity to have you stay with us again so that we can show you what our guest normally experiences! Our goal is to make sure that every guest enjoys their stay due to our product, our service and our ability to do all that we can to give each and every guest true hospitality.
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here for a conference held at the convention center in Tampa for 5 days. I enjoyed my stay here and the staff were very friendly and courteous. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast had a good spread and the evening social dinner(Mon-Wed) was also enjoyable. There are good restaurants around the hotel at a walkable distance(no Mcd, KFC sort off) but has no supermarkets except for a CVS store. The convention center is at 20 minutes walkable distance but the hotel offers a free shuttle which you can manage if there is not too much rush. If you enjoy theaters I think there is a very good theatre near by and don't forget to do the river walk if you have some time to spare.The only hiccup was the slow internet connection as at times it really became unusably slow...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank casperkamal
Mr. Casperkamal ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and giving such great information. We are quite proud of our location and the fact that we are so close to the convention center, running trails and great restaurants of different varieties! I did want to add that we have great news and will be getting a refresh and upgrade in our internet connectivity as of mid January! We are always here to listen to our guests and do all that we can to make sure that they are happy and well taken care of. Your needs are all that matter to us.

Happy New Year!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel really exceeded my expectations. I've stayed in a Residence Inn one time before for business and swore I would never do it again. I had to book this stay on the fly in order to use my Marriott points and to keep my car parked there during a family reunion cruise. When we arrived it looked nothing like I expected! Very pretty hotel, big clean room!
Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. They gave us great restaurant and menu suggestions, and shuttled us back and forth to the restaurant promptly. There was an accidental duplicate charge on my bill, and when I showed the front desk the error, the attendant apologized for the mistake and waived the entire charge for any inconvenience! This has changed my mind about Residence Inn's, and I would definitely recommend this particular hotel to anyone.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Lisa A
Ossipee, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nothing fancy, just an average Residence Inn. Very friendly staff, though! Parking is an extra $12 a day, but they do offer courtesy shuttle providing destination is within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Meet N Greet on Wednesday is a nice touch and very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the upper levels if you're a light sleeper. Street traffic can be...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple