“Nice!”

Ranked #68 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“Nice!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed two nights for a trip with friends and was not disappointed.

Here's what you'll get:
* clean/large rooms
* free breakfast
* small store (food/toiletries)
* gym
* pool/hot tub
* basketball hoop
* downtown location
* parking (across the street for a fee)
* friendly staff

The price is very reasonable for the location and quality of accommodations.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suite sleeps 6 very comfortably (even sofa bed was comfy).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Shab S, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
LittleCristy, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Giving our guests a great experience at our hotel is our top priority! We hope that you will be able to come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was skeptical about staying here because of some of the older reviews but we were not planning on being in the hotel room much. The front desk staff Maria and Pierre were pleasant and the General Manager is always there. The Breakfast was good and constantly being refilled with fresh items. The General Manager walks around, checks everything and even cleans up. The hotel rooms, kitchens and bathroom were clean and everything was in order. When we checked in at 7:30 pm and we asked if someone could make the sofa bed up for our daughter and they sent someone up. They usually make it up with a blanket but I asked for a comforter like what they have on the beds and they accomodated our request.

They also have free internet.

Now for the parking, they charge 11$ but they only have a small number of spots, (40 I think) which of course get filled quite quickly. We were there on Friday till Sunday so it was easy to find parking on the street by the hotel and there is a city parking lot around the corner which is 7$ but with no in an out privileges so you're better off parking on the street which is free on the weekend. On Saturday morning I asked the front desk if a spot opened up and fortunately for us there was one single spot that opened up which we they gave us. It wasn't an issue for us but if I was traveling alone during the week I would not have liked having to park a block or 2 away and walk back to the hotel.

Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you want a parking spot try to get there when it's check out time for current guests.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MyOdyssey2001
MyOdyssey2001, we really appreciate that you took the time to write a review. Thank you for choosing our hotel! We care about our guests and making sure that your accomodations and experience are great while staying with us. We hope that we get to have you stay with us again. We are working on our parking and will soon be able to offer valet service for our guests so that parking won't be an issue moving forward. Thank you again for your review and hope to see you in Tampa again.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is my second and last stay at this hotel. Upon arrival, toilet was clogged. The exterior of the refrigerator was dirty, and the refrigerator was inoperable. The arm chair looks like it was found next to a dumpster. The carpet was fraying by the door. We stayed in room 318 which is in corner of Ashley and Tyler. The road noise was loud and continuous throughout the night. On a previous stay, we had a courtyard room which was much quieter. The a/c air handler is located in the bedroom and is loud when it kicks on. Since our last stay, the hotel's parking had been changed so that residence inn and courtyard have designated sections of the parking lot. Unfortunately, the exit for Residence Inn is extemely close to Ashley drive. This makes it extremely difficult to leave to hotel and make a left on Ashley dr. The bed pillows are very small. This seems to be something that is happening across all Marriott brands as I found the same type pillows at the Springhill Suites I was in previously. I will attempt to upload pictures to tripadvisor for those that are interested.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Jparker97
Shab S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Upon reading this we have immediately went to that room and have resolved all of these issues. I can't express how terrible we feel that you had a negative experience while staying with us. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is our first priority and we want you to know that we have taken your comments very seriously. Not only have we fixed the issues in this room but we have taken an additional training course with our housekeepers so that these kinds of cleaning issues will be completely eliminated. We are also a new management company that has taken over this hotel and we are working on making sure to refresh and renew the furniture! Lastly, we have been known for being a convenient hotel for our location and we are sorry that you experienced so much noise. Please call our Director of Sales so that we can try to show you that we can be better than what you have experienced: Shab @ 813-227-4388
Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel is clean. Breakfast everyday is great and plentiful. WiFi is superb. Parking will cost you which is ridiculously overpriced at 11.00 per day and and very small in size. Shuttle service to convention center is great...runs on the hour and half hour. Street noise on the 4th floor is considerable but I am not sure that it diminishes as you go up in floors. Housekeeping servie fine. Area that hotel is in does have some vagrants walking around. Would not suggest walking around the area alone at night. Feather pillow suck!!! But overall pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JS24
Tequesta, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Upon checking in, there was no greeting with a smile. They never told me the instructions for the internet (ie: password for wireless). Although the hotel served a nice breakfast and the lobby appeared orderly, the hallways and elevators were like walking into a sauna. I went downstairs to talk with the staff and the manager came out and "explained" they were working on the heating (in the middle of August in Florida???). He said he'd call the elevator company, but the next day the elevators and hallways were still HOT. The doors of the rooms had chipped paint .. It appeared shabby at best. Sorry Marriott, I'm a platinum member and this one was definitely not up to par.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Robin H
Shab S, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I hope that we can have a chance to show you how we have improved since you have written this review. We are a newer management company and we are working hard every single day to improve the quality of our service. Nothing is acceptable but the best for our guests and to have one of our Platinum members, of all of our elite travelers, to not have been met with a smile?!?! We have worked on our staff members with training and good example as to the pleasant experience that all of our guests should receive. I hope that we can have a chance to show you the kind of service that you should have received the last time you stayed with us.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

When we checked in the bathroom was dirty. Shampoo bottle was half empty. Parking blows. However beds are awesome and breakfast good. Good space in room. Front desk staff good. Clean up hotel and would be excellent.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Yo777
Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay here during a family trip. My review only deals with customer service, so I will say overall quality of the hotel excluding the customer service was excellent.
-Customer Service
The staff was very friendly during check in, house keeping was great, but unfortunately we had an issue with our microwave. I discovered it that evening, but we had a large party and had already unpacked grocery etc... I immediately notified the front desk and was told someone would be up. That did not happen and they did notify me that they would send someone the next day. I never heard from anyone. I finally made the manager aware of the situation and they agreed to give me extra Marriott points for my inconvenience, I am still waiting on those extra points for my inconvenience. I have been a Marriott member for 5 plus years and this was the worst customer service I experienced. Due to this I was not satisfied and feel it is appropriate to give a lower rating.
-Parking
They have a lot across the street for your parking which was quite nice. Due to the fact that it is Downtown there is not much room to pull up and drop off luggage if it is busy.
-Location
Close to the interstate.
-Facility/ Food
Rooms were very nice. They have a pool, kiddie pool, basketball court, outdoor gas grill, and hot tub. Outdoor facility is very nice. Complimentary breakfast with waffles, eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, toast, juice, etc... Eating area is not very large.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shab S, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Good afternoon,

First and foremost, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. I am glad that you liked our hotel and the amenities. I would like to find out exactly which room you were in and why it was that you didn't get the service that you and any of our guests should receive. Would you please send me an email so that I can help you receive your points and get more details as to what happened.(shab.sachedina@marriott.com) I don't want any other guest to experience what you did and we have to know where we fell short in order to fix it. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your experience and I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Shab Sachedina