“Great Downtown Location”

Residence Inn Tampa Downtown
Ranked #74 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Oct. 14, 2011. I was attending the Women of Faith conference at the St. Pete Times Forum and wanted a hotel downtown. I was able to park at the hotel and walk to the conference. It took about 15 to 20 mins, depending on how fast I walked. I encountered several different people working the front desk and all were cordial and helpful. The room was very clean and had plenty of space. It had a queen bed and a sofa sleeper. The breakfast buffet was free and was really good! 4 different types of cereal. Oatmeal and lots of toppings. Waffle station. Eggs with toppings. Potatoes. Juices. Pastries. It isn't inexpensive, but at least you get good service for what you pay. There was a pool and fitness center, but I didn't use either of those.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 4, 2011

We were treated very good. We had a great check-in starting with Delores and it just stayed good.
Delores was most helpful as well as informing.
We had a very good experience at this Residence Inn Hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. Was excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I checked in to Residence Inn on Wednesday. Checkin was fast and easy. Suite was clean and exactly as described. Area was quiet for week. Shuttle ran within 2 miles of hotel and easily accessible. Morning breakfast was good, I was not there for nightly event. Fitness center is 24 hours and what a benefit. Pool was clean. Everyone was helpful and professional.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Although I booked at the last minute and did not get any kind of discount rate (I thought the price I paid was rather high), the Residence Inn itself was perfect. The folks were incredibly nice -- they even allowed my to check in way before noon! The room was great, the breakfast yummy and the overall stay was wonderful. Sometimes you do get what you pay for! As a side note, downtown Tampa was rather desolate when I was there. Everyone told me it was safe (as a woman traveling alone, I was concerned about that issue, for sure), but still the ghost town feel left me a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2011

They Treat the guest really well. I checked in late night. Person who checked in was really great and helpful. i am going to put together the names and great people who work and help out are :
1. Stephano Anamisis - he is one of the best managers i had come across.
Very simple, truthful, honest and plain speaking. He is quick, smiling and ability to resolve or handle is extremely great. He has a passion for Marriott property. He enjoys his work too and has a great staff-very protective person as well
2. Dolores- she is quick, trustworthy prepared to travel extra mile-can make quick decisions.
3. Cynthia-very nice and helpful
4. Benita- was caring took time to find more informaton and help out
5.alison-very nice, smiling and great person to work with
6.Lady who helps out for evening snacks for customer-great attitude. she wanted to help i did not get her name, i guess she speaks spanish..

The above people need to be recognized and put a GREAT note for such a best hotel.
I stay in Marriott everyweek..this matters a lot

Thanks & Regards
sri
Was there meeting for a Non profit organization

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights prior to leaving for a cruise. This hotel is VERY nice, inside and out. Our room, a 2 BR, 2 Bath was very comfortable, clean and at a great value. A living area seperates the two BR's with a pull out sofa, kitchen and dining table and chairs. The free breakfast in the morning was very good and well prepared. There are a few bars around the area, and the area is clean, but not in the heart of a big restrurant district, but an area undergoing revitalization. WHICH DOES NOT MEAN THE AREA IS RUN DOWN, just the opposite. The Courtyard by Marriott joins the Residence Inn and a couple of hot tubs and pool seperate the two, but are used by both and very nice. A shuttle takes you anywhere within a two mile radius which includes the cruise ship port for free. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristi1965
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I both travel extensively for work and have been staying at this hotel consistently for the past 5 years (sometimes weekly). The service is AMAZING and they always make us feel like we're at home when we walk through the front door. I have to give a special recommendation to both Kenny and Bonita, although everyone we've encountered is outstanding.

The hotel: They updated their rooms a couple of years ago - new paint, furniture, bedding so it has a more modern feel than some of the other Residence Inns we've stayed in. There is a charge for parking in the gated lot directly across the street . For those who enjoy swimming there's a nice pool and hot tub that is shared with the Courtyard Marriott. The free breakfast is nice. They also offer "happy hours" in the evening with free wine and beer, however, we've never had the opportunity to attend. The fitness room is tiny. If you plan on getting in a good workout I'd recommend going to Choice Fitness on South Howard - their day rate is $12.50.

The location of this hotel is a plus, too. It one block away from the Performing Arts Center and if you like to walk or run there's the Riverwalk that winds along the river downtown. The Tampa Art Museum and their grounds is one block away (with a great dog park). The hotel offers a free shuttle - Channelside (the cruiseport) is a fun location that offers a variety of restaurants. There are several good restaurants downtown, as well. Recommendations all within walking distance: Malios Prime (upscale seafood and steak), Taps Wine Bar (you buy a card that you insert into the self dispensing machines - great for sampling many wines!), Indigo's for coffee, Flye (great tapas restaurant with hip vibe and outdoor seating) and First Watch for breakfast. There's many more but these seem to be our favorites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard - much quieter than the street.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Twobair
GMRITAMPADOWNTOWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Thank you for visiting the Residence Inn by Marriott Tampa Downtown and sharing your experience about the great service you experienced by our staff. You mentioned two associates in particular and thank you for recognizing them. You mentioned some great local restaurants and would also recommend seeing Ybor City by shuttle for its selection of restaurants and nightlife. Thanks again and please do give us a call when returning back to the area.

Stephanos G. Anamisis