“Yummy House is indeed yummy”

Yummy House China Bistro
Ranked #34 of 2,567 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really love this place. The food is excellent and of plentiful portions. During the lunch the carts roll out with all kinds of appetizers. You can just eat off the carts and get a sampling of all kinds of food. The staff is friendly and it is not one of those Chinese buffets. It's very elegant and clean. Sure to please even the pickiest of diners. Try it.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We eat at the Waters Ave. one pretty frequently. We decided to try this location across from the Farmers Market. The food is still delicious and the portion sizes are Gi- Normous still. The beauty is in the decoration of this restaurant. Built for large groups. I visited on a Sunday around 5:30 pm and had quite a wait for a table but enjoyed the meal. The line would have been out of the door but we all spread ourselves out around the no seat bar to allow others in. The food is the best Chinese Food I have tasted in Tampa Bay which is why I drive from Saint Pete to indulge. Two ladies invited me and my guest to sit with them to speed up our wait and They made delightful dinner partners. I definitely appreciate these womens' hospitality.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

What a surprise to find such a fantastic Chinese restaurant in such an inauspicious location. Situated in a small strip mall across from the Farmer's Market on East Hillsborough Avenue we were anticipating just another average Chinese eatery. We opened the door and "Wow!" White tablecloths, subdued and modern lighting, beautiful Oriental decorations, and a supremely energetic and helpful wait staff. But that was just the beginning. The menus were presented in a formally bound book. There was such a wide selection of meat, poultry, seafood and vegetable dishes that we had a hard time deciding what to order. Our server helped us narrow it down, and we ended up with pot sticker appetizers, Mongolian Beef, Shrimp and Scallops in a Hong Kong specialty sauce and an order of vegetable fried rice that ended up being a meal in itself. Everything was soooo . . . delicious. And we had more than enough to take home for a full meal the next day. Best of all, the prices were very reasonable. Our meal was so good we've decided to go back every month so that we can work our way through the menu. It was that good. If you like Chinese food, the Yummy House should be your #1 destination in Tampa.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We've been looking for a really great Chinese Restaurant in the Tampa Bay area since we moved here, more than 50 years ago. Finally found it! I would favorably compare the yumminess at Yummy House, on Hillsborough Av, in Tampa, Fl, with the best Chinese food we've tasted from New York City to San Francisco. The atmosphere is lovely too. Unfortunately this wonderful restaurant is about 45 minutes from our house. If I lived closer, I'd be there for lunch or dinner at least once a week. The soup portions are huge and we always have enough left over to bring home for another meal. Their egg drop soup is a meal in itself. Their "Duck Fried Rice" is awesome. Everything is good +++.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The food was superb and the portions are large. Friends told us to try it and we finally did. What a menu! We order fried noodles and they were delicious. I highly recommend this place. Bring an appetite ir friends!