“Not worth the money”

CineBistro at Hyde Park Village
Ranked #8 of 63 Fun & Games in Tampa
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We thought we would try something new. My first problem is handicap parking is so far away (across the street in the parking garage...w/parking spots furthest from the theater). Then we didn't think we needed to make the reservations early so we got the crappy front row seats. The waiter was really good & explained everything really good. Food was really good. A couple came in late (disturbing the movie) & then they were super loud thru out the movie too (worse than being in a regular theater b/c of the size). Safe your money, go out to dinner then go see a movie.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"refill"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Went there this evening and everything is top notch. The menu is very gourmet and the seats are very nice reclining leather seats. We had the bistro burger, I recommend the fig and baked Brie over toasted crisps with balsamic drizzle! Awesome! It is spendy but its not your mama's movie theatre food of nacho cheese and hot dogs.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We started off planning to see a movie and have lunch; however, we decided there wasn't anything worth seeing. Nonetheless, we stayed and had lunch. The sweet chilli glazed shrimp was wonderful! We also had the braised beef rib sliders. All together it was less than $25, but worth every penny. The wait staff were very nice and attentive. We can't wait to actually see a movie there.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decided to enjoy dinner and a movie on a Saturday night so we selected CineBistro. We started the evening off with drinks in the bar. I ordered the Godfather martini which was average - I don't know what vodka they used, it was relatively smooth. I should have requested that it be extra dirty. At first they didn't have the blue cheese stuffed olives available which they should have told me before bringing me the drink...they quickly found someone to stuff a few for me and brought me extras (nice recovery). Before we place our food orders, we specifically asked our waiter if they would bring out the food in courses which would give us time to enjoy our starter before the entrees were delivered, he said that wouldn't be a problem. He lied, he knew that all the food comes out together so you are left with no place to put the plates and you have to eat quickly so nothing gets too cold. This was extremely disappointing and a major lesson learned. If we go again we will be sure to order something light and not a full dinner. We also asked if we didn't finish the bottle of wine we ordered if we could get it corked to go. Once again, our waiter said that would not be a problem because the cork will come with the bottle. Guess what, it didn't. You have to pay in advance and they add a 17% gratuity onto your bill which works out very well for them. Despite all of the misinformation from a greedy waiter we enjoyed the movie and the food but lost a lot of respect for our server.