“The folks were terrific, the pizza not”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #124 of 2,416 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Pizza
St. Petersburg, Florida
“The folks were terrific, the pizza not”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We moved to Tampa Bay from a rural area, excited about new food options. Anthony's was on our of places to try so we ordered take-out Saturday night. The staff was friendly and helpful and the crust was terrific; just as advertised. However the cheese was only acceptable and the tomato sauce was pitifully bland. Will not try it again. I see that others really like this place, so it may be worth a try to others.

We also tried the ribs as the preparation is so unusual. Liked the peppers but the ribs were fair at best. Decent pork dish, but don't think BBQ if you order them.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank wakanwalk

Buffalo, New York
“The Best Pizza in Tampa”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been living in the Tampa for 30 years and have never found a pizza that was truly this good. The coal fired oven give the crust a nice texture which is not too crunchy. All the ingredients are fresh and pizza's are made to order. The sauce is very flavorable and not too spicy. I will return.

• Visited August 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Pizza, done well!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Make sure you order a specialty pie. I recommend the Marguerita - which has fresh tomatoes and mozzarella and basil. Then ask for tomato sauce on the side, and add that on top as preferred. The freshness of ingredients, mild charcoal taste on the crispy crust, and overall mouth-feel can't be beat. In fact, I now find it difficult to eat ANY other kind of pizza. It's just that good. My wife and friends from NYC also feel it's the best pizza anywhere outside New York. We have been back here at least a dozen times, usually stopping at Side Splitters, right across the plaza.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank PFirth
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Had a business lunch here. The service was really good. I thought the pizza was ok but I did not care for the sauce. It had a bitter flavor to it. I also thought is was a little over priced. Still the atmosphere was really neat. I probably will not go back.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank soupsrus
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnifico!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

While vacationing in Florida I was delighted to discover a pizzeria that served the most delicious and authentic New York style pizza, just like I'm used to here in NYC!

My friend's and I ordered a fresh mozzarella, sliced tomato, and basil pizza, a traditional favorite. I was thrilled by how much it truly tasted just like the pizza I am accustomed to here in NYC (and Brooklyn of course)! The coal fire ovens created a perfectly crunchy crust, topped with fresh ingredients, and an amazing sauce!

The atmosphere at Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza was dark and inviting with views of the coal fire ovens from both the table seating and bar. The mouth watering pizza, elegant atmosphere, and gracious servers made Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza worth the visit! I highly recommend it if you're in the area!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Jaye G

Been to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!