“LOVED IT!!!!! Everything made fresh to order”

California Tacos To Go
Ranked #215 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“LOVED IT!!!!! Everything made fresh to order”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

I saw this on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. LOVED IT!!!!! Everything made fresh to order. Be advised, it is an outside roadside food stand. So don’t except air conditioning. Best fish tacos I have ever had. I HIGHLY recommend it! I just love everything about this place. This was my first time here and can’t wait to try everything on the menu. Thanks for the awesome lunch!!

• Visited August 2014

Tampa
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

I've eaten several menu items there and they've all been excellent. I usually have the fish tacos, but I tried the chicken last time and it was unbelievable. I'm amused by some comments from people complaining about service, outdoor tables, etc - You can pretty much determine what kind of place this is before ordering. It's like a TJ taco joint, with excellent food..Don't expect table cloths and Pinot. I do wish they had beer though!

• Visited July 2014
“A must try in Tampa bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a real gem the food is excellent you have to have the fish tacos well worth the stop it was featured on triple D and you can see why this place is awesome

• Visited June 2014
“best fish tacos this side of san diego!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This roadside taco stand has the some of the best california style mexican that I have ever had. The fish tacos are incredible. There is a reason this place was on diners driveinns and dives with guy fieri. I discovered this place about a year ago and now go there sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. If you love mexican, this is a must do in Tampa!

• Visited May 2014
Spring Hill, Florida
“Inconsistent ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

On our first visit we had 2 pulled beef tacos - 2 "guy style" fish tacos and a Cali burrito. The fish tacos were pretty fishy tasting and were ok. The beef tacos excellent first time! They might wanna give people more meat in their Cali burrito as it was lacking in the protein dept.
It is when we went back for our second visit I noticed that their pulled beef taco meat was literally like trying to chew through leather and it was extremely dry. If it hadn't been pouring down rain w. Tremendous lightning those tacos would have went back. I drove 35 miles for this?

1 Thank Kim T