“Loved the shrimp and chorizo tacos!”

California Tacos To Go
Ranked #178 of 2,416 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Tennessee
“Loved the shrimp and chorizo tacos!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ate lunch here and the shrimp and chorizo tacos were spectacular. The grouper tacos were ok and the chicken quesadilla was kind of bland. We had three canned drinks and our tab was $30, pretty pricey for take-out tacos. Would be tough to pat that kind of money again to get anything other than the shrimp and chorizo tacos.

• Visited September 2012

Jacksonville, FL
“Awesome food, ok service”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

2nd time here- once as a couple, last time as a family. We had talked up this place to our kids. Food was great. Service so-so this time around. My daughter just wanted nachos with beans and cheese on it and not the other ingredients listed on the nachos, so she asked for "The supreme nachos with the guac & sour cream on the side, please". The response was, "I'm sorry we can't do that". So we chuckled and then realized she wasn't kidding. She said, "We have lines of 20 people so we can't be taking things on and off like that." Ok. I get it. But we literally all turned around to look behind us...because there was not 1 other person in line (it was 2:00pm). I just said that I figured since I was paying $6 for all of the toppings, the rest of us would eat them. She just looked at me & said, "Then you should just order chips with beans and cheese." Ok, Cali Taco lady. We're in the south. Food is good, but we're used to good food & manners to go along with it.

• Visited August 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“HIghlight of the trip so far......”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We planned our trip to Florida to include some stops including a couple of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. After a short drive from swimming with the manatees in Crystal River the whole family was starving. We were traveling with another family so their were 12 of us in total and I talked up this stop the whole trip thanks to Guy and Triple D. Not one single person (ages from 5 - 65) were disappointed. The fish tacos are truly the best we have ever had, hands down. Fish was lightly battered and super crunchy. Cabbage was thin cut and super crunchy. Sauce was spicy but not that it lost any flavor, and the tortillas taste just like the ones we get in Mexico. Staff was super friendly and great to talk to. I am glad I do not live in the area as I think we would have to eat here everyday.

• Visited July 2012
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

So excited to try this place and we had a "plan" (our list from their online menu) after checking out their website! Asked if this was our first time, the menu was explained to us with recommendations. We stuck with our "plan" and OH MY GOSH, how tasty was everything! We ate in our air-conditioned car - it was a very hot afternoon in Tampa, FL. There was so much food with so many flavors. Our favorite was the Fresh Grilled Shrimp & Chorizo Tacos! A close second was the Fish Tacos, the Carnitas Tacos & Tijuana Pork Tacos. We had everything "Amped & Loaded!" Do yourself a favor, give this place a try if you like authentic Mexican food. We will be back!!

• Visited July 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Best Fish Tacos!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Best Fish Tacos in Tampa, and I just got back from San Fran so that is saying something.
The fish is Crispy, Big, and Flaky.
Cool location & friendly staff.

Also try a Surfer Snack. They are great appetizers & only $0.50 each.

Visited May 2012