“Huge place, young crowd ”

MacDinton's Irish Pub
Ranked #972 of 2,734 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Very big bar in Tampa Florida in bar district called Soho
Description: Very big bar in Tampa Florida in bar district called Soho
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Bartenders are young and don’t know how to make except the basic drinks. Lots of young people, fair music. Went on a Thursday night. Wouldn’t eat here.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in to see the Hendricks Grand Garnisher. Pretty sweet outdoor set up. Lots of bar options. Music wasn't great. Large screen to watch sports was pretty awesome. Drinks were good.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Went here with 6 other people for some birthday drinks and dancing and had a terrible experience.

If you're young, fratty, and looking to be packed in like sardines, you'll love this place! You'll also love this place if getting groped is your jam...every time someone walked by they went out of their way to place their palm out to rub me and my friend's butts!

So, the main gripe comes from standing at the balcony area to the left of the entrance. We had our drinks taken TWICE from barbacks/random employees that would RUN along and just reach up and snatch full drinks. When we went to the bartender to complain she told us that we had to point out who did it AND provide their name and the person we pointed out had to accept responsibility for doing it. Ridiculous! The second time it happened we went back up there and she scowled and told us off for trying to 'get freebies' and said flat out, 'I don't care'.

This place seems like it'd be really cool if it wasn't filled with kids and terrible employees. The layout inside and outside is really nice. Oh well.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed December 18, 2016

I was visiting from South Carolina and the bouncer thought my driver's license was fake. He refused to give it back to me even though I had credit cards and health insurance cards with my name on it. I had to fly back home the next day and needed my ID back. Luckily, a police car was stationed near and I convinced the bouncer to give my ID to the police officer. The officer ran it through their system and said it was valid. THEN, the manager of MacDinton's (identified as such by the police officers) ran out of the bar to the public street where I was standing with the officers, took my license, bent it in half, said it was fake and walked back into the restaurant. This left my license with a crease/crack in it, which according to a police officer makes your license an invalid form of identification. I was so worried I would not be able to fly home with it!!! I have never been treated so disrespectfully in my entire life. It was unacceptable for the manager to come out on public property and destroy my private property (license) making it invalid, AFTER the police had already validated the authenticity of my license. I filed a police complaint against this place. It was the most horrible experience!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank tAlbatraoz
Reviewed November 17, 2016

Walking by and stopped for a quick lunch. Server was nice enough but kept forgetting everything we asked for. Even asked a second server for help and still waited. The food was just ok.

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to MacDinton's Irish Pub? Share your experiences!