“STAFF DESTROYS PRIVATE PROPERTY”

MacDinton's Irish Pub
Ranked #973 of 2,736 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Irish
Description: A staple in both Tampa and St. Petersburg, MacDinton’s is the area’s most popular Irish bar for happy hours, drink specials, live entertainment, soccer/sporting events, and amazing nights out. MacDinton’s patrons return again and again because each location prides itself on providing fantastic service, a warm friendly atmosphere, and making every person feel welcome. Always delivering great Irish hospitality in a fresh and modern way, both MacDinton’s locations offer traditional Irish dishes along with classic bar and grill foods, sporting events, and great entertainment.
Reviewed December 18, 2016

I was visiting from South Carolina and the bouncer thought my driver's license was fake. He refused to give it back to me even though I had credit cards and health insurance cards with my name on it. I had to fly back home the next day and needed my ID back. Luckily, a police car was stationed near and I convinced the bouncer to give my ID to the police officer. The officer ran it through their system and said it was valid. THEN, the manager of MacDinton's (identified as such by the police officers) ran out of the bar to the public street where I was standing with the officers, took my license, bent it in half, said it was fake and walked back into the restaurant. This left my license with a crease/crack in it, which according to a police officer makes your license an invalid form of identification. I was so worried I would not be able to fly home with it!!! I have never been treated so disrespectfully in my entire life. It was unacceptable for the manager to come out on public property and destroy my private property (license) making it invalid, AFTER the police had already validated the authenticity of my license. I filed a police complaint against this place. It was the most horrible experience!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank tAlbatraoz

Reviewed November 17, 2016

Walking by and stopped for a quick lunch. Server was nice enough but kept forgetting everything we asked for. Even asked a second server for help and still waited. The food was just ok.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

My friends and I on a bachelor party elected to go to MacDintons based on proximity to the restaurants. Within walking distance to many other spots. This bar is very expansive with multiple rooms for different tastes. The band inside was fantastic on the night we went out. Outdoor bars were great, with very good service. Being from the NY area, and used to higher prices, this bar was incredibly affordable. Great weekend nightlife.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Been coming here for years and love this place. Great food and friendly staff. Great place to watch soccer as the crowd gets really into the games! Food is good and a great pint of Guinness. Well worth the visit for a sporting event.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed June 23, 2016

This is a frat house masquerading as a bar/ restaurant. Lots of kids puking and ex-cheerleaders batting eyelashes. That's cool if that's what your aiming for. If you want to eat.....then go elsewhere. Tried the Shepherd's Pie. Looked and smelled like a dirty diaper. Seriously, I don't know how the health department lets them serve food. We got out of there..pronto.

Date of visit: September 2015

Been to MacDinton's Irish Pub? Share your experiences!