“Service could be better”

MacDinton's Irish Pub
Ranked #893 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Very big bar in Tampa Florida in bar district called Soho
Description: Very big bar in Tampa Florida in bar district called Soho
Reviewed November 17, 2016

Walking by and stopped for a quick lunch. Server was nice enough but kept forgetting everything we asked for. Even asked a second server for help and still waited. The food was just ok.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

My friends and I on a bachelor party elected to go to MacDintons based on proximity to the restaurants. Within walking distance to many other spots. This bar is very expansive with multiple rooms for different tastes. The band inside was fantastic on the night we went out. Outdoor bars were great, with very good service. Being from the NY area, and used to higher prices, this bar was incredibly affordable. Great weekend nightlife.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

Been coming here for years and love this place. Great food and friendly staff. Great place to watch soccer as the crowd gets really into the games! Food is good and a great pint of Guinness. Well worth the visit for a sporting event.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

This is a frat house masquerading as a bar/ restaurant. Lots of kids puking and ex-cheerleaders batting eyelashes. That's cool if that's what your aiming for. If you want to eat.....then go elsewhere. Tried the Shepherd's Pie. Looked and smelled like a dirty diaper. Seriously, I don't know how the health department lets them serve food. We got out of there..pronto.

Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

Very popular place in SOHO. Irish bar, great drinks, great music, great crowd. As they say, "The place to be seen in your green."

Stopped in early around lunch on St. Patrick's Day. Hoped for some good food, was sorely disappointed. Chose the "Reuben and fries" from the menu, but they brought me and meagerly appointed sandwich and...chips. When I asked about the fries, the bartenders and management had to have a lengthy conference to discuss the menu...finally they determined that "and fries" actually meant fries and not chips, and told me they would get me some fries.

In the meantime I ate the poor excuse for a Reuben sandwich. Little in it, and most of the bread was burnt. But I was hungry, so I slowly ate it, hoping to get my fries soon. However, I finished most of the sandwich before getting my fries. Bartender finally brought fries and asked how the sandwich was. I showed her how burned and measly it was, she just kinda shrugged and said OK. Well, she must have told the manager, as he offered me free dessert, which I declined.

I was surprised when I got the bill and bartender said no charge for lunch. Good move on their part. However, I still need to let others know to avoid the food.

Been to MacDinton's Irish Pub? Share your experiences!