“Exceptional value, very comfy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #50 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Long Island, New York
“Exceptional value, very comfy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel as a part of the Yankees women's fantasy camp (and my boyfriend tagged along for moral support as I lived the dream). We both work at a small luxury hotel back on Long Island & I regret to admit we originally went in with relatively low expectations. However, we were extremely pleased with the entire experience. Since I love saving money & the environment I was vey fond of the quick and friendly shuttle service as well as the $5 gift card for declining turndown each night. My boyfriend was a big fan of the heated pool, the snack shop in the lobby, and the glass elevators. We used the gym each day we were there and after racking up enough $5 cards, loved the breakfast (and the very sweet waitress we had). Also, we both were very pleased with the kindness and competence of the staff. I am very much looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beatle24
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Dear Beatle24

Congratulations on being part of the very first Yankees Fantasy Camp for the ladies! Very cool. We have enjoyed our partnership with the Yankees over the years and we get a kick out of these events ourselves. I am glad you both enjoyed yourselves and appreciative posting the review. I hope your hotel on Long Island is staying busy and let’s hope for a spirited pennant race between your beloved Yankees and our Rays (sorry Red Sox nation!).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

The hotel is nice and in a good location, but staff is unhelpful. Our reason for staying was the proximity to airport and shopping before leaving on a cruise. Their shuttle service is a joke. After being told "our driver will pick you up in 5-10 minutes", we waited an hour, only to call again and be told "oh, I dunno.... he'll probably be there in 5-10 minutes". um, right.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank j_elizabeth02
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear j elizabeth02

I am so sorry we caused such inconvenience for you during your recent visit to Tampa. Normally our drivers and our shuttle service get raves. Obviously we had a breakdown that should not have happened and I apologize. I hope that you will give us a chance to show you that we can do better. Feel free to email me at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com when the time is right and I will make your reservations. I look forward to welcoming you back.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel before a morning flight out of TPA. We arrived around 10pm and left by 7:30 the next morning so I can't comment on all areas of the hotel, but what we experienced was pretty good.

We were quickly checked in although the elevator situation was a bit obnoxious. there are two elevators in the front but due to some teenage groups that were town for something it seemed that the elevator was going up and down, without coming down to the group floor to take people up.

the hotel is a bit odd, the lobby is huge but there's this huge atrium so all the hallways to the rooms are openair and overlook the lobby area. There were so many people milling around that it was pretty chaotic. But we did like that we were able to use the printers and computers down in the lobby to quickly print out our boarding passes. There were plenty of computers to use.

The room itself was fine, I could see why it's a good option for families -- at least our room had a big room with a pull out couch, desk, etc, then the bathroom and then a separate sleeping room. The room itself was very stark, dark and dated though. The bed in the main room looked like your typical Starwood bed, but as we got in, it felt -- and sounded -- like there was one of those plastic sheets under the main sheet, odd. but we slept fine. it was nice to have the bottle of water next to the bed.

the bathroom was very small and dated as well.

Overall, this is a fine hotel if you're just staying one night before a flight, but not one of Starwood's best. It's close to the airport, but make sure you have directions as it's a little bit hard to get to. Parking was free, which was nice. I just don't feel it was very good value at $139 before tax. I've stayed at amazing starwood hotels for less than $100 so this was a bit disappointing.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurengucsb
Dear laurengucsb

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your observations but am disappointed that we were not able to delight you. While all of our suites received a complete renovation just one year ago, I understand that everyone has their own taste and I respect yours and value your opinion. We work hard everyday to improve and I hope to see you again and earn your business.
West Bend, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Nice looking lobby with a comfortable sleeping room but no safe in the room. Restaurant was typical hotel dining with limited menu and higher than normal prices served with fair quality. Internet access is wired and wireless in the room for $9.95 per 24 hours. Great work area with comfortable desk chair. The neighborhood seems questionable at night.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank DetailsByBill
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear DetailsByBill

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your upfront appraisal. As a fellow Midwesterner (Michigan), I appreciate honesty. I will tell you that we do have a wonderful neighbor across the street from the hotel in Thomas Jefferson High School, home of the state champion Dragons in football. I also know that West Bend was the only US city that did not fall prey to the Great Depression. Not sure if there is a connection with those last two bits of trivia but we can be proud of them both.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed at the Sheriton before and after our New Year's Cruise. The rooms are newly renovated and very spacious (suites with 2 flat screen tvs, sofa, chair and large desk) and clean. The lobby and atrium is beautiful, 4 star with glass elevators and live plants and water fall. Indoor pool is well maintained, but has only a small sitting area with no lounge chairs. The workout room is very nice. The best feature, in my opinion, was the free van service. The van drivers were very pleasant and took you anywhere you wanted to go within 3 mile radius and to/from airport. The only knock on the hotel is the restaurant/room service is very expensive and not worth it. But there are plenty of good restaurants the vans can take you to (Cheesecake Factory, Sonny's BBQ, etc.) and the rooms have a refridge and microwave. The beds were ok... a little too soft for my taste. Some of the reviews I read before going said the hotel had a noise problem, but we did not experience any problem at all. I would definately go there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TwiceBorn777
Dear TwiceBorn777

Another Midwesterner escaping the six months of gray skies called a Michigan winter. I can say that as a Michigander with 25 years of experience in the state shaped like a mitten. But to your review…you touch on a lot and I am pleased that you enjoyed many areas of the hotel including our van service and the newly renovated suites. I apologize that the food service experience did not meet your expectations. We will continue to work on this and all areas to get even better. I hope that you enjoyed your cruise. Remember, next winter in Kalamazoo will look a lot like this one so book your next cruise now and come back to visit us!
edinburgh,scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

had prebooked here as Sheraton member and even though the plane arrived at 11.30pm the shuttle picked us up within 10 mins of contact.
Cheery driver amd check in desk staff and comfortable large suite with good bed shower etc.
Breakfast can consist of order or buffet and chose buffet with good selection of juices fresh fruit/cereals/hot dishes etc - very tasty. As much coffee as you want within $12 cost - really good value compared to other hotels.
Recommended

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jonlam
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 4, 2010
Hello, jonlam. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your loyalty to Sheraton. And for all you coffee fans out there, we proudly brew Starbucks and with your breakfast buffet, you get the whole pot! Hope to see you jonlam on your next world tour!
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

We had the good fortune to spend four nights at the Sheraton Suites Westside during the week of New York Yankees Fantasy camp. The airport shuttle was defintely a plus. It also delivered you are the general area upon request. It enabled us to easily reach Raymond James Stadium for the PITT-USF football game.

The two room suites were ideal for our needs, with a sitting room with a sofa, desk, flat screen TV, microwave, sink and refrigerator. Our sleeping quarters were a king size bed also with a flat screen TV on the front side of the hotel.

Free internet was limited to 45 minutes per room per day, while the pool and exercise facilities were better than most . The only real negative in our minds was that the noise level from the restaurant, bar area seemed to funnel upwards in the courtyard area (the rooms surround the courtyard). While the noise didn't transfer into the bedroom area, it did seem like the bar and restaurant were just outside our sitting room door at time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SIGNALS123
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear SIGNALS123, it seems you were doing double duty last month with the Yankees and the Panthers! I imagine you enjoyed Pitt beating our Bulls. However we can please our guests, we’ll do it! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. So sorry about the noise filtering up to your room, though. I hope to see you again soon.