“Horrible customer service, cozy bed, great location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #49 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Cayman Islands
“Horrible customer service, cozy bed, great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

Based on the horrible customer service I received at this hotel, I will not be recommending it to anyone. It was my first time staying here and I chose it based on the location close to shopping and restaurants. Upon check in, there was one lady at the counter attending to a group and no one there to greet me or smile. Another employee appeared behind the counter and ignored me for 20 minutes and I had to ask her "is this the check in counter"? She didn't greet me with a smile or provide hotel information or ask if there was anything I needed. There was no bellman to take me to my room. Luckily the bed was so cozy and the room was dark so i got a good night's sleep. The next morning I called Guest Services and asked if they could send housekeeping up and she said "Why?" I said to make my bed and bring me fresh towels! So rude! That night I called them again and asked if they had Pay Per View and she acted like I was asking for the moon! No Pay Per View! They also allowed for an outside pizza place to solicit delivery service but when I called to order the people forgot to put my order through and after 2 hours of waiting and being promised my food was coming, I told them forget it! Like the hotel customer service, the restaurant didn't care or apologize. No wonder they work together. The hotel was a ghost town but it is beautifully and ideally located if you can stand the bad service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GrandCayman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

The hotel recently underwent a renovations and upgrades, which makes the hotel an even greater value. I'd wish Starwood thought to upgrade and remodel their staff.

It's horrible foreshadowing when you receive horrible customer service BEFORE you check in.
I was traveling from Alabama to Tampa for a wedding. I called to make simple name changes to reservations and to place advance deposits on the rooms I reserved.

It took a week to finally speak to someone. No exaggeration. Each time I called (once at midnight CST), I was told the front desk was busy and to call back! Seriously? When I called I encountered rude front desk agents seemingly incapable of intelligent thought. To make matters worse, when I FINALLY spoke to an agent, to change a name on a reservation, days later I learned that she not only changed the dates incorrectly, she also cancelled a reservation for a room. Thusly, leaving my 57 year old father without lodging during a time in which the hotel was sold out. I was very upset!

If I had the time to change the room block, I would have. The lack of service and sheer rudeness of the staff (even prior) to check-in spoiled the entire stay. I must say in it's defense, the food and beverage staff and housekeeping staff were very nice and very accommodating. It was almost enough to compensate for the horrible service I received at the front desk prior and during check in. (I'll skip that nightmare. I'll run out of space, recounting that experience.)

It doesn't matter if you have a lovely lobby and nice beds. The heart of your hotel is its staff. Try upgrading your front office staff. Training is sorely needed. Try training this in basic concepts: such as professionalism. Or how about how to take a deposit for pre-payment. Perhaps, how to send an email. Or, modifying a reservation without cancelling it.

I must say, the hotel is in a great area. It's close to malls/shopping and dining. The hotel itself is a good value. But all of it's perks is overshadowed by am inept, rude and completely unconcerned and removed front office staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lolita995
Delray Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed here 9/17-9/19 and we really ejoyed our stay. We both really LOVED the bed most of all! It was by far the best bed I've ever slept in and I wish I could've taken it with me :) When we checked in, the staff was very friendly and informative and it was quick which was a relief since we drove 4 hours to get there. We didnt eat there or anything since we wanted to check out the local places so I cant comment on that. Housekeeping was great also. The only complaint I have is the channel selection. They have 2 very nice 32" tv's in the room but only 12 channels to watch! Kind of a waste of tv's if you ask me. My husband and I are avid tv watchers at night, so we were a little disappointed in that but made it work. Next time, we'll bring our PS3 so we can watch movies since they dont offer in-room movie ordering. Check out was fast and convenient as well. The hotel itself is just like the pictures I've seen, just beautiful! oh, I almost forgot, I left our digital camera in the lovely bed and left a voice mail for housekeeping that evening when we got home and I received a call the next morning from the excutive housekeeping manager letting me know he had it and shipped it overnight at no charge to me! Thank you SO much! I have lots of pics on it that can't ever be replaced so that made my Monday morning :) We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelmates120
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

I had a very nice stay at this hotel. Nothing fancy, but very clean, very comfortable, and great customer service

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Lasano
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton Westshore and it was a terrific stay! I have used this hotel on business while in Tampa, and it was a natural choice for me to stay with my family during our summer vacation. The hotel is extremely clean, centrally located to a lot of Tampa attractions, and the staff has always been professional and personal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Taloniiload
SSTAW1021, Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear Taloniiload, Thank you for staying us again and taking the time to write a great review about your enjoyable stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that you found our hotel clean, in a convenient location to the Tampa attractions, with friendly and accommodating staff. We look forward to have you stay with us again real soon.

Aaron Chapin
Director of Revenue Management
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights for the Florida State Thespian Festival in Tampa. The hotel is very nicely decorated and has been remodeled recently so it is up to par with the modern tastes of today's people. The rooms are spacious with a parlor, bathroom, bedroom, and closet. The beds are very nice and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small and they were a bit skimpy on the cleaning. Underneath our tray on the bathroom vanity, was bits of black dirt. Also, our bathtub was caked in soap scum you could scrape off with your finger. The hotel also charges $10.00 for internet, even the budget friendly hotels have free internet. There is also no complimentary breakfast. For the price, they could at least provide cereal or fruit. For as expensive as it is, I don't think it's truly worth it to book here, as you can find the same exceptional amenities at a local, more budget-friendly hotel.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank andyl925
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

This hotel has a beautiful courtyard in the lobby. The two room suites were very spacious, beds were nice size and comfortable, the bathroom was nice. The tv's were perfect there were two 32in in the suites. My only complaint is that I did not feel the rooms were that clean there was dirt that had built up over the years in the sliding glass doors. I would probably stay again the price was unbelievable for my family of 5.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family