“great service and Good room service too”

Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #61 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here many times and they continue to have me return. Very good staff and their room service menu is pretty good. Really take care of their guests. They have always been helpful. they have an excellent reception area.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet even by the expressway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BustersDaddy
Sandra S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2014

Dear BustersDaddy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments and love having you as a regular guest at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback on the room service menu and also our staff service. I will share with the team how much you appreciate the service at our hotel. Thank you again for being a valued guest.

Sandra Stulen

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have stayed at this property on several occasions when we were in the Tampa area. Love having a microwave and mini refrigerator in each suite. We were very pleased with our suite, we need an accessible room and it met all the needs for our disabilities. The roll in shower had a comfortable seat and an adjustable hand held shower head. The raised toilet had rails that were appropriately placed. The bedding was a little overdone - who needs a full complement of quilts in Florida? Looked pretty but was much too much, had to remove them for comfort. The front desk staff was very helpful. This time we stayed there for a convention for the Florida Council of the Blind. They were so courteous to our fellow attendees who couldn't drive. Their shuttle service took them anywhere that they wanted to go with a certain radius - whether it was to go to a restaurant or a convenience store. What a lovely gesture!

Room Tip: if you are attending a convention most of the meeting rooms are in the back so the front of the hote...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jackie H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review more so for the positive comments. It's always a pleasure having your group with us. I'm glad our hotel met your needs and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel for the next conference.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is an all suites hotel, so you get plenty of room. The beds are nice and the view can be nice (depending on floor and direction). The atrium is one of the best I have seen. Breakfast along the atrium is very relaxing.

The night I stayed, they were completely sold out because of a music competition of some sorts. Many kids running up and down the halls.

Wish they had a Club Lounge. When I asked, they said "We are an all-suites hotel, so we don't have one." Well, the next week I stayed at an all-suites Sheraton that DID have a Club Lounge.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the elevators as there is a lot of traffic there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Likes2Fly-82,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the lack of a Club Lounge. Our hotel was converted to a Sheraton from formerly being an Embassy Suites hence the absence of the lounge. Newer Sheraton suites have a lounge incorporated into the design of the building. We do however hold a Suite Club Reception in a small room at the restaurant for our VIPs and would love to invite you to join us on your next stay.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Definitely not up to Starwood standards. Was here 2 nights for business. Rooms are large, which is great, but the bathroom is tiny. the bed was comfortable but the pillows were old and deflated. The rooms are musty - maybe this is a Florida thing? Overall, the rooms and common areas could use an update. Things are worn and look unclean, even when they aren't. The outlets (of which there were few) we're grungy and I didn't want to touch the tv remote. I'm not sure why it was so dark - there was a light in the bathroom but not near the shower and there was no overhead lighting in the bedroom.

Staff I encountered were pleasant but not enough to make up for the condition of the hotel. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank MrsJPWinter
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I hesitated on choosing this hotels because of some bad reviews. However, check in was easy, room was clean, beds & pillows were great. This hotel was close to the airport which was important since we had an early flight. We used the work out room which was pretty decent & overlooked the indoor pool which my grandson used. There were several choices of nearby restaurants. We didn't use the hotel bar or restaurant so can't comment on those.

Drawbacks: The pool was being used for childrens swim lessons so my grandson was confined to the deep end. Good thing he knew how to swim. Also there were no towels in the pool area.
When I booked this room, one reason I selected it was because it could accommodate 5 people, 4 adults and 1 child. However, upon booking, I was told there was an extra $20 charge for the 5th person.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have to stay here when I go for work and I would not pick this hotel. It needs some major deep cleaning. I am kinda of a stickler for clean and i may be a little more picky than other people so here is where my clean freak comes into play. The beds are clean so thats good ( but the pillows are awful they go completely flat once you put your head on them) and the bathrooms are clean so thats good too. But the electric plugs are nasty and they are about to fall out of the wall. I have stayed here three times in the last 7 months and i can tell you all the rooms were the same. I just think it needs a little TLC to be a great hotel.
The staff is wonderful. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
The shuttle service is wonderful.
This jsut wouldnt be my first choice if I was staying for pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rebeka L
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Tampa Sheraton Suites was a good choice for the business traveler. It is an attractive hotel, with atrium. Bed was comfortable ensuring a good night's sleep. Quiet atmosphere. Friendly staff. Wireless internet. Great location, convenient to many attractions in Tampa.
What I did not like was the room lighting -- the room needs more than a few floor lamps to adequately light it up. The fitness center machines touch monitors were difficult to work.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear RussellJW,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are grateful for the positive comments and want to assure you that our Maintenance department has fixed the issues you experienced with our workout equipment. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.