“Rooms are outdated”

Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #61 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice in two different times. I will not be returning to this hotel even if the rate falls below $100 per night...the experience of feeling dirty is not worth it. I prefer to stay at the Westin. This is an old Embassy Suites that converted to a Sheraton. The lobby is ok. The rooms are outdated and smells like smoke (probably from the wallpaper). Both times, I had ants in my bathroom. Their breakfast buffet is below par. I am a starwood exec platinum member too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CAgal_13
David R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear CAgal 13,

Indeed, the hotel was originally an Embassy Suites and has the classic atrium with tropical trees and waterfalls. Many people find it beautiful and at times, tranquil. In addition, the hotel received a complete renovation in 2009 with all new furniture, carpet and paint for the walls. Though this feedback is from 2012, we take all comments seriously and the points mentioned have all been addressed and continue to be monitored.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

While this hotel was ok, I found it to be a bit below the average Sheraton. The rooms were big and have been renovated. However, the rooms are a bit dark (even with all the lights turned on), the bathroom is tiny and if your room faces the highway, it can be noisy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear nmc525,

What makes us special is that we are an all-suites hotel so everyone has room to stretch out, especially when traveling with others. We have suites that face all four directions and while the highway is to our south, some like these suites as they get more Florida sunshine that way. We will continue to work to suit each guests needs. Thank you for staying with us and for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Good value for the money. Friendly front desk staff. Nicely updated hotel with interior, air conditioned courtyard. Big comfortable rooms with microwave and mini fridge. Nice indoor pool and fitness center. Nice, safe area of town. Charley's steakhouse is right next door (one of the best steakhouses in town). Also close driving distance to famous Bern's steakhouse. Just one mile (walking distance) to Westshore Mall which is very nice and where you can find nice restaurants like P.F. Changs, Seasons 52, and others. Close to airport. Much better property than the dingy and outdated rooms you find at the Embassy Suites which is right in front of Westshore Mall and costs about the same.

I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view on a top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear SouthMiami,

Wow, I just found the person to rewrite our web site! I am blushing from the kind words. We are honored to be your home away from home in Tampa. See you next time.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with huge rooms. Starwood property.... so no breakfast and other amenities usual for this level hotel. Not hotel fault. Parking is free which is huge in Tampa. Hidden on cypress street. Actually wanted to charge a Starwood Preferred member $4 for a water.

• Stayed: July 2013
David R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear LezaM,

Thank you for your business and for writing a review on your experience. On the water, suites have a large sport bottle of water for $4.00 along with a complimentary ½ liter bottle of water, placed by the coffee maker. To clarity on breakfast, it is offered through in-suite service and in the St. James Restaurant dining room seven days a week with a la carte options and a buffet. Some packages include breakfast but it is not generally incorporated in the room rate. We hope to see you the next time your travel brings you to our fair city.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed there in late May for one night. Website does not state hours of service for shuttle (which I think they should), and when we called around 11:30pmish for pickup, I was lead to believe a shuttle was on its way, but it never arrived. After waiting an hour, we took a cab. Kindly, the property offered to reimburse the taxi fare (about $15) after we arrived at property and taxi driver was gone. While thoughtful gesture, it should have been mentioned/offered a lot earlier instead of embarrassingly waiting an hour for something that never arrived. I chose this property because of shuttle service. Room is nice, and has free Wi-Fi. No breakfast included, but nice comfy beds.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear SouthWestUSA—BR,

Please allow me to apologize for failing to pick you and your family up properly at the airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall but this is not the way we would like for your visit to have started. Our service runs until from 5am until midnight. We will work to have this display on our web site and use your experience to improve internal communications. I appreciate you staying with us and for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the rooms are spacious so you have room to roam. They are not only large but very clean, the beds are so comfortable and the ac works great and you need that in the Florida heat!! There is a fridge, microwave and coffee pot which is very nice for in room convience.
There is a good happy hour in the lobby bar, 2 for 1 and thought it was priced well.
As far as location, there are so many restaurants near, and there is even a Charleys Steakhouse in the adjacent parking lot. They have a hotel shuttle and it is close to the airport but no airport noise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank susieqaz
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear susan2137,

Thank you for the Excellent rating! Being from the American West, I understand your desire to be able to roam! Glad you enjoyed our brand-new beds. We replaced all of the hotel’s mattresses over the last month so everyone can get a great night’s sleep. I appreciate your business and we are ‘desperately’ seeking more guests like you, Susan!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel occasionally for business. This hotel has some great things going for it so I will start with the positive. Beautiful property, friendly welcoming staff and large suit rooms. Now, to mention a few things that are not meeting my expectations. Swim lessons in the pool. This is not the first time I've experienced the pool full of kids being given swim lessons. I don't know if the pool is 'officially' closed but it certainly is not inviting to guests. The restaurant food quality is not great. Not what I would expect from a better hotel. I do like this hotel but a few things could use attention.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JeannePlantation
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear JeannePlantation,

Thank you staying with us again and for your comments. For many years we have had a swim club use the pool Monday through Thursday. It is a delicate balance we try to keep as I know our guests needs vary. The deep end of the pool is always available for hotel guests but I can understand this can put a crimp in the desires of some and for this, I apologize. By private message I hope to learn some specifics on your dining experience as our chef is interested in all feedback so we can continue to improve. Thank you for your constructive review.