“Good hotel, huge rooms, free parking”

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #48 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Gainesville, Florida
“Good hotel, huge rooms, free parking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with huge rooms. Starwood property.... so no breakfast and other amenities usual for this level hotel. Not hotel fault. Parking is free which is huge in Tampa. Hidden on cypress street. Actually wanted to charge a Starwood Preferred member $4 for a water.

• Stayed July 2013
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear LezaM,

Thank you for your business and for writing a review on your experience. On the water, suites have a large sport bottle of water for $4.00 along with a complimentary ½ liter bottle of water, placed by the coffee maker. To clarity on breakfast, it is offered through in-suite service and in the St. James Restaurant dining room seven days a week with a la carte options and a buffet. Some packages include breakfast but it is not generally incorporated in the room rate. We hope to see you the next time your travel brings you to our fair city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed there in late May for one night. Website does not state hours of service for shuttle (which I think they should), and when we called around 11:30pmish for pickup, I was lead to believe a shuttle was on its way, but it never arrived. After waiting an hour, we took a cab. Kindly, the property offered to reimburse the taxi fare (about $15) after we arrived at property and taxi driver was gone. While thoughtful gesture, it should have been mentioned/offered a lot earlier instead of embarrassingly waiting an hour for something that never arrived. I chose this property because of shuttle service. Room is nice, and has free Wi-Fi. No breakfast included, but nice comfy beds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear SouthWestUSA—BR,

Please allow me to apologize for failing to pick you and your family up properly at the airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall but this is not the way we would like for your visit to have started. Our service runs until from 5am until midnight. We will work to have this display on our web site and use your experience to improve internal communications. I appreciate you staying with us and for your constructive feedback.
Phoenix, az.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the rooms are spacious so you have room to roam. They are not only large but very clean, the beds are so comfortable and the ac works great and you need that in the Florida heat!! There is a fridge, microwave and coffee pot which is very nice for in room convience.
There is a good happy hour in the lobby bar, 2 for 1 and thought it was priced well.
As far as location, there are so many restaurants near, and there is even a Charleys Steakhouse in the adjacent parking lot. They have a hotel shuttle and it is close to the airport but no airport noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank susieqaz
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear susan2137,

Thank you for the Excellent rating! Being from the American West, I understand your desire to be able to roam! Glad you enjoyed our brand-new beds. We replaced all of the hotel’s mattresses over the last month so everyone can get a great night’s sleep. I appreciate your business and we are ‘desperately’ seeking more guests like you, Susan!
Plantation FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel occasionally for business. This hotel has some great things going for it so I will start with the positive. Beautiful property, friendly welcoming staff and large suit rooms. Now, to mention a few things that are not meeting my expectations. Swim lessons in the pool. This is not the first time I've experienced the pool full of kids being given swim lessons. I don't know if the pool is 'officially' closed but it certainly is not inviting to guests. The restaurant food quality is not great. Not what I would expect from a better hotel. I do like this hotel but a few things could use attention.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JeannePlantation
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear JeannePlantation,

Thank you staying with us again and for your comments. For many years we have had a swim club use the pool Monday through Thursday. It is a delicate balance we try to keep as I know our guests needs vary. The deep end of the pool is always available for hotel guests but I can understand this can put a crimp in the desires of some and for this, I apologize. By private message I hope to learn some specifics on your dining experience as our chef is interested in all feedback so we can continue to improve. Thank you for your constructive review.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Positives :
Very nice and spacious rooms with private bedroom
Complex itself is very, very beautiful
Welcoming, courteous staff all over the complex
Location: Right next to Charley's steakhouse (wonderful) and Tampa airport
Shuttle :friendly and very efficient
Workout room is big and up to date
Negatives :
Indoor pool : very odd for Florida and it's beautiful weather

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JHDawg,

So happy to welcome you back! Glad also that you enjoyed Charley’s, I have shared your comment with them. On the indoor pool, we get questions like yours but also comments from others that they are glad it is indoors. The Chamber of Commerce does not like to hear this but there is a reason all Florida homeowners put huge screens over their pools, if you get my drift! Plus, the winters can be a little cool, believe it or not. I’m glad to read that you had a nice stay and we look forward to your next visit. Go Dawgs!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night after returning on a late flight to Tampa. Airport shuttle picked us up at TPA and driver was very nice. We didn't have to wait long for the shuttle which was a plus at 11 pm after a long flight! Check-in was efficient, suite was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Lobby was clean and appeared well maintained. Great choice if you need to be close to the airport. We will be staying again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear RozzyW,

We appreciate your business and the kind review. I hope we can be of similar service to you guys the next time you go traveling.
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The positives for me is the very comfy bed and location to Tampa airport.
Negatives were no in room safe and the $13 omlet with breakfast potatoes was actually French fries.
Our room on the 7th floor was missing complimentary water for SPG gold members and the air conditioning thermostat was literally hanging off the wall.
I would stay here again if it was reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear drubano,

Thank you for sending in a review on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the bed and that our location was convenient for you. On the in-suite safes, we have this as a project for the end of the year as this will soon be a Sheraton brand standard. So it’s coming! About the potatoes. Not to split hairs here, but they are technically home fries which is a breakfast style of potato. We tried several brands and opted for this and not only do I think they are delicious, I actually prefer them to French fries. But then again, you could fry anything and I would like it. We will work to be more consistent on placing water in the suites and be more aware of issues like the thermostats. Thank you for staying with us and for the constructive comments.