We stayed at this hotel 2/15-2/17 in room 220.
-Shuttle driver Dean is very friendly.
-The atrium and common areas are beautiful.
-The hotel has an indoor pool (hard to find in Tampa).
-The suite layout (living area/sleeping area) is nice when traveling with a family.
-The Sheraton Suite Sleeper beds are probably the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.
-Beds and linens were clean.
-Flat screen TV's and some newer looking furniture.
-The shuttle will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius, including two malls, many restaurants, etc.
-No noise from highway despite being right next to it.
-Nice bartender Friday night, waitress was friendly.
-It sounded like an alarm clock going off somewhere in the hotel constantly, a dull ringing noise. It woke me up. I called for maintenance the next afternoon when the noise didn't stop, a man came, he listened, checked the room above and never returned. The sound never stopped. The sound is loud enough I picked it up on an iPhone video.
-No one followed up to see if the issue was fixed (it wasn't).
-Front desk provides incorrect info re shuttle. Told me to have driver stop at convenience store on way from airport to hotel, shuttle driver told me he can not do that and front desk shouldn't have told me that.
-Our room was partially remodeled. See photos with shabby patch work.
-Our room was not cleaned properly. See photo of large cob web, someone's old tissue, dirty grout, weird stains under the sink, dirty lamp shade. Carpet was filthy. Tub was stained.
-The bathroom is exceptionally small. You can touch the door, shower and sink from the john. The shower area is dark.
-Our room was not cleaned the 2nd day until I called twice.
-Asked for towels for four people on my first call, sent towels for two.
-The waiter in the bar/restaurant Friday night spoke broken English, got my order completely wrong due to language barrier. I did find a waitress who brought me what I ordered.
My husband and children checked into this room before I arrived in Tampa. Had I checked in with them, we would not have stayed in this room. Since I arrived late and they had unpacked, I decided to make do with it. The issues may seem minor but when combined make for a less than pleasant stay. My children thought the pool was great, and Dean the shuttle driver is a gem. This property has so much potential. Hopefully they will get their act together and we can stay there again when we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore is just a short complimentary shuttle ride from the airport. We are right in the middle of the Westshore business district, off Interstate 275. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Sheraton Hotel Tampa Airport
- Tampa Sheraton
- Sheraton Tampa