“Could be so much better, maybe we got the worst room in the hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #50 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Could be so much better, maybe we got the worst room in the hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2/15-2/17 in room 220.

Pros:
-Shuttle driver Dean is very friendly.
-The atrium and common areas are beautiful.
-The hotel has an indoor pool (hard to find in Tampa).
-The suite layout (living area/sleeping area) is nice when traveling with a family.
-The Sheraton Suite Sleeper beds are probably the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.
-Beds and linens were clean.
-Flat screen TV's and some newer looking furniture.
-The shuttle will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius, including two malls, many restaurants, etc.
-No noise from highway despite being right next to it.
-Nice bartender Friday night, waitress was friendly.

Cons:
-It sounded like an alarm clock going off somewhere in the hotel constantly, a dull ringing noise. It woke me up. I called for maintenance the next afternoon when the noise didn't stop, a man came, he listened, checked the room above and never returned. The sound never stopped. The sound is loud enough I picked it up on an iPhone video.
-No one followed up to see if the issue was fixed (it wasn't).
-Front desk provides incorrect info re shuttle. Told me to have driver stop at convenience store on way from airport to hotel, shuttle driver told me he can not do that and front desk shouldn't have told me that.
-Our room was partially remodeled. See photos with shabby patch work.
-Our room was not cleaned properly. See photo of large cob web, someone's old tissue, dirty grout, weird stains under the sink, dirty lamp shade. Carpet was filthy. Tub was stained.
-The bathroom is exceptionally small. You can touch the door, shower and sink from the john. The shower area is dark.
-Our room was not cleaned the 2nd day until I called twice.
-Asked for towels for four people on my first call, sent towels for two.
-The waiter in the bar/restaurant Friday night spoke broken English, got my order completely wrong due to language barrier. I did find a waitress who brought me what I ordered.

My husband and children checked into this room before I arrived in Tampa. Had I checked in with them, we would not have stayed in this room. Since I arrived late and they had unpacked, I decided to make do with it. The issues may seem minor but when combined make for a less than pleasant stay. My children thought the pool was great, and Dean the shuttle driver is a gem. This property has so much potential. Hopefully they will get their act together and we can stay there again when we return.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 220
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 15mwaltrip
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear 15mwaltrip

Thank you for the feedback, the pros and the cons. Clearly, preventive maintenance is overdue for that particular suite and we have put that room out of order to make needed corrections. I apologize for the condition that you and your family found with your accommodations. Please feel free to contact myself directly the next time travel brings you to Tampa and I will handle your reservations. Thank you again for the constructive feedback, this helps us to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

After I checked the reviews on Tripadvisor I was a bit hesitant about staying here, but the rate was good compared to area hotels, so i took a chance as it was only for a night. Very convenient near the airport, as previous reports, parking was not good, the lot gets very full. There was only one elevator working at the time so it took far too long to wait for the elevator. Rooms are perfectly fine and better than I expected - large, clean and comfortable. Internet was good and I was able to get a lot of work done good layout for the desk and chair.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear M88M

Thank you for the feedback. The good news is that the elevator modernization project is complete and all four elevators are operating as normal. I apologize that this was not finished for your visit with us. On the occasion that the parking lot does fill up, we always have overflow parking available with signs directing drivers. But, just like a good restaurant, a full parking lot is a sign of popularity! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time travel brings you to Tampa.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute and wasn't familiar with it or it's location. I was delighted to find that it was a very nice hotel and was well located for the business I had at hand. The rooms are comfortable and had those memory foam beds. The rooms were spacious, the bathrooms were small. It was a two room suite with a lounge area and a bedroom. Since I just sleep in these rooms I wasted most of the space. If I were staying for a longer period of time, this would have been even more appreciated. There is no complimentary breakfast, but then I shouldn't eat all that is placed in front of me anyway.

Room Tip: Any room is fine, it is near a main road but the rooms are quiet anyway.
Dear Ken G

We appreciate your business and the kind remarks! Now don’t be a stranger. Tampa is only a one hour flight from Atlanta so you have no excuse for not visiting more often.
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I escaped to Tampa for a few days, and used Starwood points to book our stay.

The location is convenient, staff was incredible, the lobby is magnificent and the staff freindly, helpful, and first rate.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear NycAbe

It’s all good Abe, thank you! Feel free to escape more often. If you are a Yankees fan, their spring training home is just two miles from the hotel. If you are a Mets fan, I am sorry.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spent 4 days here on a company event. the suite I provided was VERY nice and this size of a small apartment, separate living room, kitchen, bathroom and LARGE bedroom. Very nice, and a beautiful place. Internet connection was slow and unusable at night, parking leaves a LOT to be desired. Great full breakfast bar and very friendly people!

Dear Bill M

I am glad you enjoyed your conference here at the Sheraton Suites. The team was pleased to hear your kind comments on the breakfast and the hospitality you received. We are in the process of upgrading the bandwidth for the high speed Internet service. I expect that to be in place within a month. This should greatly improve the download speed and signal strength. Thank you for your comments.
VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had not stayed in a Sheraton Suites in recent memory and business colleagues and I stayed here two nights. The good: Liked the desk layout. This hotel is great for the business traveler. Outlets galore: on every lamp, lots at the desk. The desk was part of the renovation, was at a good height, and reasonably well lit. The breakfast was good. The sleep quality was good --- but I moved to the back of the hotel. The road noise on the main highway wasn't oppressive, but I like peace and quiet. They moved me no problem. The breakfast was great -- and they serve Soy milk -- 25% of the US is unable to drink milk products so this was very courteous.

The airport shuttle guys were great. They run a shuttle every 20 minutes at :00, :20, and :40.

My only criticism was that the carpets were dirty and the rooms are definitely old. They've overall done a pretty good job with the property. This is more of a 3.5 stars joint, but good service by the employees made this a good stay.

There's an excellent steakhouse next door -- Charlie's. Walked to Waffle House one morning -- you are better off with their own restaurant for breakfast. Nice buffet -- more than the one waffle iron job at some chains.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the hotel are best if you want quiet.
Dear FredTravelVA

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am glad the suite design was to your liking and that you enjoyed your interactions with our team members. Carpets can never be ‘too’ clean and we will follow-up on that. Also happy to see that you enjoyed our neighbor, Charley’s Steak House. When the breeze comes from the west, a delicious aroma of grilled beef wafts over the hotel. Yum!
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton in Tampa. We had a lovely suite with two comfortable queen beds. We really liked having a fridge and microwave in our room. Our daughter-in-law and baby grandson came for a visit. We found a really nice chair grouping near the bar where we could sit, have a drink and talk. Since we had the baby it was convenient for us to eat right at the hotel restaurant. We had two appetizers, the humus and caprese appetizer. Both were very good. I had a Rachel sandwich and my husband had the grouper sandwich. Big portions for a very reasonable price.
We used the fitness center and the pool. Neither one were busy.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would choose this hotel again if we were in the area.
We used hotwire so we got our room for a very good price.
I would have rated the hotel higher if the elevators were all working.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear csb14

Helping our guests make connections is a cornerstone for Sheraton and I am happy to hear you enjoyed time with your family in our hotel. The grouper sandwich is my favorite and I recommend it blackened. The elevator project is just about finished, I am happy to say. We look forward to your next visit!