Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Marriott Hotels
$145
$129
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$142
$85
$72
Travelocity
All reviewsindoor poolbeautiful atriumsitting roomstarbucks coffeebreakfast buffetshuttle driverliving arearooms are largeroad noisetampa airportbit datedfront desk staffmile radiusan early flightfree internetvery nice stayhotel restaurant
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great beds, nice and comfy as other people have said. Restaurant has good food, not alot of selection but prices are good. Highway noise wasnt noticeable on the seventh floor we were on. All in all good spot thats easy to get to and good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear garymf

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you don’t see what you’re looking for on the menu, ask. If we have the ingredients, we’ll make it. See you next time.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three days for out honeymoon. I made our reservation months ahead of time. When we arrived there were dozens of young children running around and very little parking spaces. We later found out that there was a soccer group and they will ne leaving the next day. I was disappointed that we did not get a room on the 8 th floor ad discussed, but it was ok once the loss finally settled down. One day we decided to sleep in before venturing to the beach. When we left I said hello to the cleaning lady to make sure she knew we were leaving. When we came back our room was not touched. I had to go to Tue front desk to get towels. They sent someone up with the towels 15 minutes later. I thought she would've came in to fix or at least look at the room...that was a dream thought.
all know it was an okay stay but I think I would choose another hotel if I wanted to go back to Tampa

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ACluvsMG

Dear ACluvsMG

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from your visit last month. All stays should be flawless especially your honeymoon. I am sorry for the inconveniences you encountered with the cleaning of your room. We take all comments as constructive and use them to improve. Congratulations on your wedding. Your moniker says it all!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stay here on business alot and the rooms are great. They're clean, comfortable, and very large.
I love the two room concept too.
The internet actually works, wired and wireless. Very fast connections. The breakfast is great too. I wake up hungry and they have a nice buffet. Not humongous, but enough. Hot eggs, bacon, french toast, sweet rolls, coffee, and Tatjana is the hardest working girl in the whole hotel.\The bad news is that it is right next to a major highway
I mean I can ear every car and truck go by individually. I'm a light sleeper and thats a deal breaker for me. I think the only rooms that you would not hear the highway from are right next to the elevator, which is never good either. And there isn't a fan or some other background noise to drown it out either
If you're a sound sleeper I'd love this place. If not, look for somewhere quieter.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear ord737fo

We appreciate your loyalty and the kind comments, especially on Tatjana, she is truly a joy. Being near an Interstate has its pluses and minuses. Easy access and visibility make us simple to find and close to the attractions. For many, road noise is not an issue and they enjoy the bright sunshine you get facing south. For others, we are happy to find alternative suites that work better for guest comfort.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This property is my standard resting place while visiting the Tampa area. All the rooms surround an open atrium which has ponds and areas for relaxation. Closed at the top with a sun roof. Rooms are all executive suites and TV's in the living and bed rooms. Very comfortable for the business traveler. Rooms are always clean. Exercise room is nice and large. Indoor pool but I have never used it. Bar is nice and the breakfast buffet is delicious.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear bearcat382

Looks like we scored on every drive with you, bearcat382! Careful using the term ‘resting place’. We want you as an active guest for a long time to come! I appreciate all the kind comments, our staff will as well.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here about 6 months ago and wrote a detailed review, so this is a follow up since I just spent another week at this hotel.

For the most part things are still as they were, both good and bad. The rooms are still large and comfortable, the furniture still new looking, and the lobby/atrium are still very nice. However, the sliding glass doors in the rooms are still in bad shape, the TV channel selection still sucks, and the gym equipment is still not working correctly. The manager of the hotel responded to my review last time saying that he had personally checked all of the cardio equipment and 'all were working properly, including the individual TV's'. So this time I'll be more specific for his benefit: The left most elliptical machine is unusable since the touch screen does not work no matter how many times you try to push the 'buttons'. The right most elliptical machine does work kind of, but its touch screen is like gambling: when you touch a 'button' it might register correctly or it just as likely might react as if you touched a 'button' clear across the screen, so if you push to raise the TV volume, it might just switch the channel or turn the TV off. So it is watchable, but extremely annoying while trying to get it to do what you want while continuing to pedal your feet. Those were the only two machines I used, so I can't comment on the other 6 or 8 in the gym, but clearly the equipment there needs better maintenance.

One additional negative that I found this time that I hadn't noticed last time was the elevators (I was on the top floor this time while on a lower floor last time). These are the slowest, most annoying elevators around. It truly is faster to take the stairs, especially when going down. I don't know what the life span of an elevator is, but these are clearly at the end of theirs, clicking and whining as they slowly make their way up and down. Each stop seems to add 30 seconds to the trip up or down, so if you get in on the ground going to the top and a crowd gets on with you, you might as well get out and just take the stairs since it will be a 3 to 5 minute ride if you stay in the elevator stopping at multiple floors. I'm not kidding, I took the stairs down every time because it was faster (going up I suffered the ride since I’m too lazy to walk up 8 floors).
On a positive note, I did notice that the staff was great this time. They weren't terrible last time, but I had found some of them rather clueless. This time everyone at the front desk, restaurant, and around the hotel was super nice, courteous, and knowledgeable. They were a pleasure to deal with.

So, overall I do really like this place. I wasn’t quite as happy with it this time as I was last time, but still the rooms are big, nice, and comfortable, which is the most important thing to me. I think this place needs to pay a little more attention to maintenance and updating a few things (like the elevators), but I had a good stay and will definitely be back next time I’m in Tampa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor to avoid suffering the elevator ride.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear frank3355

I have said it before, we have the best guests! Only a loyal patron would take the time to give such a detailed account of their experiences and I appreciate it all. As I did last time, I went to the fitness room and found as you reported the issues with the television screens. The next day, we had our repair vendor come in and re-program these units and all the others to make sure they all work as they should. I can appreciate the frustration this caused and we will monitor it closer so we catch issues before our guests do. As of the end of August, we more than doubled our television line-up and now include 17 channels in HD. News on the elevators as well. In December, we start a modernization project for our elevators. As a result, they should react quicker when buttons are pushed and run smoother. Thank you again for the constructive feedback and for the nice words about our team members.