Stayed here for 5 nights as I'm doing consulting work in the Tampa area for several months and my home is near Daytona Beach (I've been traveling way too much). I've stayed in several of the hotels in the Westshore area and this Sheraton property is one of the best in the area. So far I've stayed at the Wyndham and the DoubleTree which are both on the same block and this property is far nicer.
Room and furnishings - Suite with two rooms, the living room has hardwood floor, couch, flat screen lcd, small refrigerator, microwave and sink. All the furnishings were modern and looked to be fairly new. The bedroom was well lighted, double sliding glass doors almost completly blocked the highway noise which was nice as I was on the back of the property facing 275 (compare this to the DoubleTree where you can hear every vehicle being driving by). Bathroom was updated and modern, nice shower head, heard zero noise from my neighbors.
Lobby - well appointed and large, no complaints.
Fitness center - nice new Lifestyle ellipctals, a few treadmills and bikes, as well as cross trainer weight equipment and free weights.
Pool - was nice if a bit small, it's indoors and adjacent to the fitness center, fairly private.
Location - easy access off of 275 or heading north up the Memoral Parkway, close to the airport.
Hotel bar - Food was decent, I had a turkey blt one night, several beers and hummus platter another, food was decent, wasn't overwhelming, the happy hour special was good as well.
Front desk - Hotel employees were very polite and helpful, they did an excellent job.
Green program - if you have housekeeping skip your room for the day you get a $5 voucher for the hotel commissary or the bar (not sure if it's just food or drinks are also included)
Hotel bar was a bit small.
No free wifi in the room, only in the lobby.
Some hoodrats spray painted my vehicle's tailgate which I didn't appreciate, I'm not knocking the hotel for this though, could have happened anywhere, and the management did seem concerned.
For the price in this area I don't think you can beat it, it's an excellent hotel and I'd stay here again. In fact, I'm down the street at another property and wish I was at the Sheraton instead (auction website, my company isn't paying for this so you don't always get your pick).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore is just a short complimentary shuttle ride from the airport. We are right in the middle of the Westshore business district, off Interstate 275. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Sheraton Hotel Tampa Airport
- Tampa Sheraton
- Sheraton Tampa