Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #60 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel was not as clean as I like. Rooms very average. Staff was unpredictable except for the woman shuttle driver who was amazing. Food was mediocre at best. I do appreciate the gardener who maintains the atrium because she seems to work hard at it. I would not return however if in town.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear KTmyLady

We strive to consistently provide clean accommodations and great food all with a friendly smile. I apologize that we let you down. By private email I hope to learn the suite number you were in so we can follow-up with our team members. We can do better and I hope to have the opportunity to show that to you when travel returns you to Tampa.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Liked the location and the ability to do business at this hotel. It had great restaurant for breakfast meeting. Associates did not have to deal with downtown traffic. It was close to my clients location and close to the interstate. Staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have the best cell coverage
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear steve4608

Our Westshore location and proximity to Tampa’s excellent airport do make us a pretty darn convenient location. I am glad you found the restaurant and our staff to your liking. We appreciate your business and the next time travel brings you south from the Peach State, let us know.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Suite was nice. Price of payage for 2nd and 3rd night was marvelous. We had the same deal in Montreal and Toronto and Atlanta. We will do it again in Orlando and then Tampa Sheraton riverwalk.

Room Tip: It was near stadium and I saw USA soccer game.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear docicMiami fla

Attention dog lovers, Sheraton hotels are dog-friendly! On behalf of Sheraton, I thank you for your loyalty to the brand. Please pass on my thanks to your furry travel companion and with these international trips, be sure to keep Fido’s passport up to date!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here for one night with the family for a visit to the aquarium. The suites are nice when you have little kids and want two rooms for a low price. The pool is indoors so if you are looking for sunning yourself in Florida stay elsewhere- on the bright side we enjoyed that there were no bugs and could swim even though it was raining. The room was right along the highway so light sleepers beware- you can hear the traffic. Overall it was clean, the room was a good size and not too expensive. We would stay here again if we visit Tampa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Amy B

We are pleased that you found your stay with us affordable and that the suites worked out for your family. Indoor pools do have their advantages as you point out. We look forward to your next visit but please stay more than one day next time!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend. It was in an area surrounded by other hotels. It has a bar and restaurant near a very nice atrium area. I did not eat in the restaurant because it was pretty pricey, but I did break down and pay over $6 for a beer. The outside looked very dated, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. I like to consume several cups of coffee in the morning, and was disappointed to see that the coffee in the lobby was not complimentary. The mattress in my room was pretty poor quality and sunk in on one side.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear gbpackerfan62

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am sorry that your bed was too soft. By private email, I hope to learn the suite number you were in so we can investigate. While coffee is for sale in the lobby, we proudly offer Starbucks as our in-suite complimentary coffee service. Drink up! Finally, while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I like to think our hotel has a classic look with a Florida-pink exterior and terracotta Spanish roof tiles. Plus, we had the landscaping in front of the hotel redone in May. Go Packers!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a pretty property located near the airport, about 10 minutes from downtown, but my experience here was very average. The reason for my rating is that one two separate occasions the cleaning crew came into my room despite the fact I had already checked in. The first time I was watching TV. The second time, I was not in my room, but when I came back to it after using the computers in the lobby I found the door propped wide open with a chair. No one was inside. Needless to say, I was very upset as my valuables could have easily been stolen. Fortunately they were not. After making a complaint, the hotel offered to provide me with a voucher for a free dinner. I'm glad they tried to make right, but this should not happen, ever.

The Sheraton Suites Tampa is convenient and would make a god place to stay for a quick stop over, but the service needs to improve before I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ray G
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear NYBuddy33

I am sorry for the experience you had during your stay with us. I have shared these incidents with our housekeeping manager and housekeeping department so re-training can take place. I regret that this happened but appreciate you telling us so we can make improvements. I hope to have the opportunity to show you that we can do better. Thank you.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is a great hotel if you need space. The beds were awesome and clean. The bathroom was recently redone but still showed aging at certain spots and they have no outdoor pool. that's why I give this hotel 3 stars instead of 4. People need to be aware of the location of this hotel I needed to be near the airport and got a great deal thru priceline. But if you want a vacation resort this is not the place to go. As I mentioned before they have no outdoor pool. I didn;t try their food so can;t tell you anything about that. The free shuttles to the International mall and westshore mall were nice.
I would stay here again if I need a central located hotel near airport. If you want to lay in the sun after work by a nice pool ....this is not your place to go to.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the highway!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Dear dutchlove

It is true, the beach is not just outside our door, but we are a good central location for a Tampa visit. Easy access to Busch Gardens, Clearwater, St. Pete, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa’s airport, downtown Tampa, and within a mile of two great shopping malls. For a great location right on the beach, may I suggest the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach. All the beach activities, outdoor pool, great staff. And, highly ranked on TripAdvisor at #15 of 97 hotels in the Clearwater area. Enjoy!