“best tampa airport stopover hotel”

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
London, United Kingdom
“best tampa airport stopover hotel”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The Sheraton Tampa airport hotel is not an outstanding hotel but it is really pleasant and convenient for a short stopover. The free airport shuttle service is very efficient, as is the free shuttle service to 2 shopping malls close by. The staff are all really friendly and helpful, Michelle on reception is exceptionally good. The bar staff, wait staff, room cleaners and shuttle bus drivers are all so friendly, helpful and polite they really make you feel at home. The hotel has a lovely reception lobby, a good gym and nice warm swimming pool. The breakfast buffet has a good selection and is good value, as are the evening meals, i ate mostly at the bar as the bar staff are really chatty and good company. All in all i would recommend this as a good Tampa airport hotel.
There are 2 shopping malls nearby, both with good selection of stores and eateries. The International Plaza has a Cheesecake Factory too!

Room Tip: try and a room away from the main road side, it can get a little noisy with busy traffic at peak tim...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Bev082
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear Bev082

Wonderful to have New Zealanders with us! Your comments about our staff are most appreciated. I have shared them with everyone including Michelle who is working on the desk as I type. Having traveled to your wonderful country and enjoyed the terrific hospitality the Kiwi’s provide, it is high praise to have you commend our team mates. Hope you have another Tampa stopover in your future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My family and I were visiting family and Busch Gardens this week (12/28). Contemplated many hotels near Busch Gardens and the University. Visiting the others and reading reviews scared us off. Even though this hotel is not near Busch, the drive is NOT inconvenient and the hotel was way above our expectations in quality. It looks and feels more like a Renaissance than a Sheraton. This is the nicest Sheraton I have stayed at. Rooms were very spacious and clean. the Link amenity in the lobby was a hit with my kids. Extremely good value. All around good stay. Their beds are second to none. My wife wants me to find out what mattresses they use and buy one for our home.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the central courtyard, which is one of the best features of this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear ZoidMeister

You combine three of my favorite things. This hotel, Busch Gardens, and you are from Atlanta! Your review made me blush! Thank you for the kind remarks. If you want to surprise your better half, the beds can be ordered through the Sheraton web site by clicking on Sheraton Store.
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed December 29, 2011

beautiful open lobby dense with trees and plants. suites are beautiful, luxurious and spacious. great great value and car service to the airport on demand. wide screen TV in living and bedroom.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear canoelover

You made my day! I enjoy our atrium garden as well. During the day when the sun shines in it is like being outside, only at a comfortable temperature. At night it is like strolling down a tree-lined city street. Hope to see you again, when you aren’t canoeing down a river!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Very nice hotel and, I believe, it is convenient to many things in Tampa. The suite was very clean, well maintained, and spacious. My only disappointment was that the Internet access was not included in the nightly room rate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Michael C

We appreciate your business and are glad you enjoyed your stay. One thing to remember, Internet service is complimentary at all Sheraton hotels in our Link business center.
Plantation FL
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel three times for business. This is a comfortable hotel that tries hard. I've eaten in the restaurant and twice and enjoyed the food both times. The lobby is beautiful and the Christmas tree this season is lovely. My two minor complaints would be the air-conditioning can not be turned off, only to economy setting, strange when the weather is beautiful. Seems like a big waste of power. My other very minor issue is the beds are badly dented on one side. The mattresses could use a good flip and rotation. I would stay in this hotel on my personal time and I have enjoyed the gym, restaurant and computer stations. Staff is very friendly, especially the older man who drives the van on the morning shift.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear JeannePlantation

The best compliment is repeat business. Thank you, Jeanne from Plantation. We are pleased you found so many areas of the hotel to your satisfaction. We will follow-up on the air conditioning and the bed. Pretty important items I would agree. I hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The room, and the hotel was beautiful... The front desk staff however is some of the most rude I have ever come across... Be careful if you get Sally on the night shift... Her condescending tone and complete lack of actual care is blatant. She had no problem talking down to me as a guest. We were unable to check it until 430 because our room was not "cleaned" yet, which is fine. I would rather have a clean room. But then, to have to deal with her, it was just a horrible experience. So, be warned. And consider one of the seemingly infinite number of other hotels within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank MacTraveler1
Dear MacTraveler1

Any time we fail to exceed guest expectations is a failure for our entire team. Please accept my apologies for not providing the service you and all guests deserve. I hope you will respond to my private email for more information so we can make improvements. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have been staying at this location for the past couple of months due to a business engagement in the area, and this hotel has been a great home away from home. The staff (front desk, room service/restaurant, house-keeping, security, transport etc) are extremely polite, friendly and more than helpful, and that has made me coming back to this hotel. I have stayed in some of the other Starwood properties in the area, but what this hotel lacks in location and views compared to those, it more than makes up in hospitality, cleanliness and lovely rooms. I will definitely be coming back to this place, and really thank them for making my stay in Tampa comfortable and joyous always.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Priyam2k1
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Priyam2k1

You made my day! We are happy to welcome you “home” for your frequent trips to Tampa. I am gratified that we make you feel comfortable. Our staff will enjoy hearing your comments. See you soon.