“Extremely Friendly Staff and Nice Rooms”

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #52 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Extremely Friendly Staff and Nice Rooms”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have been staying at this location for the past couple of months due to a business engagement in the area, and this hotel has been a great home away from home. The staff (front desk, room service/restaurant, house-keeping, security, transport etc) are extremely polite, friendly and more than helpful, and that has made me coming back to this hotel. I have stayed in some of the other Starwood properties in the area, but what this hotel lacks in location and views compared to those, it more than makes up in hospitality, cleanliness and lovely rooms. I will definitely be coming back to this place, and really thank them for making my stay in Tampa comfortable and joyous always.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Priyam2k1
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Priyam2k1

You made my day! We are happy to welcome you “home” for your frequent trips to Tampa. I am gratified that we make you feel comfortable. Our staff will enjoy hearing your comments. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My truck got broken into in the parking lot and no remorse from the hotel. No free stay, no free breakfast, no free water...NOTHING!!! I had to pay to get my car fixed and not to mention I had to replace all the stuff that got stolen out my truck.
DONT STAY HERE IF YOU PLAN ON PARKING A CAR IN THE LOT. NO CAMERAS IN THE PARKING LOT ONLY IN THE FRONT OF THE HOTEL. THIS PLACE IS A PLAYGROUND FOR THIEVES...ALSO KEEP IN MIND THE "HOOD" IS A BLOCK OR 2 AWAY...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank bklynfish
Dear bklynfish

My top priority is the safety and security of our guests and employees. One vehicle break-in is one too many and I am sorry this occurred and caused you great inconvenience. While vehicle break-ins can occur at any hotel, restaurant, mall, etc. this is quite a rare occurrence at our location. If any future guest has a concern along these lines, I encourage them to contact me at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com. Thank you.
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My mother and I stayed at the Sheraton Suites the end of October, before embarking on the Carnival Legend for a week of "fun with Hurrricane Rina".

The hotel was lovely with a large 2 room suite, complete with a bar fridge, microwave, mini sink, desk, sofa bed and chair, lovely furnishings, & 40 inch. flat screen,
In the large bedroom, were 2 queen beds which were extremely comfortable and 4 pillows per bed along with another 40 inch flat screen and closet.
The rooms were facing into a large beautiful atrium complete with waterfalls and stream and huge palm trees. Our door side over looked the large tropical atrium. The window side which was the bedroom side overlooked the highway but was noise proof, making for a great sleep.
We were the only ones using the clean, warm and large swimming pool, complete with ample towels.
The morning buffet and the dinner were tasty and my mom commented on how great the coffee was. The serving staff were all wonderful and attentive.

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the Westshore Mall, which was large and had great shopping.
There was free shuttle to the hotel from the airport, quick and easy and it was $15 each the next morning for a shuttle to the port of Tampa.
The location of the hotel was very convenient to both ports.

We both wished felt that we could easily stay there for the week.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sunburn88
Dear Sunburn88

Greetings to our friends north of the border. I hope you brought the SPF 50! While we also would have loved for you to stay a week, it is hard to compete with a week-long cruise, hurricane or no. Thank you for the nice comments on our hotel. A bit of trivia, our atrium features the largest, best proportioned Madagascar screw pine (pandanus utilis) in the state of Florida. That and Starbucks coffee, what a combination!
Winter Garden, FL
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights recently at the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore. Overall this is a very nice hotel. It is a little old, but I think it was recently renovated, because everything inside the room seems newer. The hotel is very clean and has an excellent location, with the airport, Raymond James Stadium, the International Plaza Mall (high-end mall) as well as the Westshore Plaza Mall (regular mall). It is also very easy to get to the Courtney Campbell Causeway that leads you to Clearwater (Route 60). I booked a few weeks before our stay and got the room for a little over $100/night which I thought was well worth it.

What I especially appreciated about this hotel is that it is dog-friendly. There is a grassy area at the back of the hotel that can be used for doggy bathroom breaks. Additionally, it has very comfortable beds as most all Sheratons and Westins do.

The only issue I saw with the hotel was that the bathroom drain was a slow drain. This was just a minor issue though. The hotel restaurant was very good, though it was a little on the pricey side.

Those very minor issues aside though, this was a very nice stay with our dog in a great location!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pfish1981
Dear pfish1981

Three in a row love the location! Route 60 westbound takes you to Clearwater with one of the nicest beaches in the world. I hope you made the 30 minute trip to the gulf, it is beautiful year-round. And yes, Sheratons love dogs -and- dog owners. While our team strives to catch all maintenance issues, if you encounter a problem, please let us know so we can make it right. Thank you!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2011

If you are looking for a good night stay, then this place is not a bad idea at all! The king sized bed made me not want to leave the room...very comfortable! I like its value and location. It's in between two malls in Tampa, not even 2 miles apart...and has very nice restaurants in walking distance. The only blemish was the AC wasn't working for the 1st day, but when we called it in they fixed it in no time! Very nice looking on the inside as well!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank khouse11
Dear khouse11

Many of our guests remark about our fine location. I am glad you found it convenient during your stay with us. Again, those beds! People love ‘em.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The hotel is gorgeous, the staff very helpful and the suites are very spacious. The best part is that they have refrigerator and microwave, very useful. The beds? Oh my God! Is like sleep on a cloud. Wow! I don't remember anything bad about our stay there. The shuttle service is great and the drivers are nice and willing to help with suggestions, maps or directions. I definitely want to stay there again on my next trip to Tampa.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites at the opposite side of the highway, they're quieter.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Deny_6
Dear Deny 6

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The beds are cloud-like! For those future guests, our shuttle drivers will take you anywhere within a three-mile radius of the hotel, complimentary. This includes two malls, the airport, hundreds of restaurants, movie theaters, Raymond James Stadium (Bucs and Bulls home) and much more. We look forward to your next visit!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here over Christmas last year and enjoyed the hotel very much. Plenty of free parking but Internet is not free.
The room was a very nice and roomy suite, with a separate sitting area and bedroom.
Staff was nice for the most part although my adult son was given a problem checking in first when I made prior arrangements for him to. They wouldn't take a debit card unless he was paying for the entire amount of the stay upfront (very weird) The interior of the hotel is all open atrium style with fountains, plants ect and is very nice. Other than the small issue I had everything else was good and a great location.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear tlw529

I hope that you come back and visit us again this Christmas! I like to think we improve every day. Please return and confirm my suspicion.