“Great Stay for the Weekend”

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #51 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, FL
“Great Stay for the Weekend”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was visiting a friend in Tampa and going to the Comedy Tour. There were so many hotels to choose from, but I'm a fan for the Starwood Brand, so I picked this Sheraton. It was in a great locatione near everything you can think of. Excellent location to downtown. The hotel was super clean, staff was nice, checking in was quick and easy and my room was fabulous! The housekeeping staff came in and changed my linens as requested and refilled my Starbucks coffee station. Only thing is i prefer a firmer bed than what they offer, but the "heavenly bed/sheets/pillow" were still nice. It was a wonderful visit and i have never been disappointed by an Starwood Hotel.

Room Tip: Regular King Room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Determined_One
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Determined One

Your review made me blush, Determined One. Thank you for your kind words and I am glad we rose to your high expectation of Starwood hotels. I hope you enjoyed the Comedy Tour and that you come back and see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Traveled for business and stayed one night. Hotel is conveniently located close to highways, malls, and shopping. Staff is courteous and helpful. Room was clean, bathroom spacious, and bed was comfortable. I didn't eat at the breakfast buffet, but the food served for the meeting I was attending was very good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Holly H
Dear sweetpea24018

You summed it all up well, sweetpea24018. Interesting that there are 24,017 other sweetpeas out traveling the highways and byways. Elzie Crisler Segar would be proud.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice older hotel in a convenient location. Nice flat screen TV's, but no HD. Kinda seems silly to have one without the other. My room was OK. Breakfast was overpriced and uninspiring.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank adnad
Dear adnad

Thank you for staying with us last month. HDTV is coming soon and our channel line-up will double. I am sorry we did not meet your breakfast expectations. Our food and beverage director will be reaching out to you for more information. I appreciate your feedback and hope to host you on a future visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Free airport shuttle service to and from airport and also the International Plaza.

Despite being having a small kitchenette, there's no silverware, glassware or crockery.

Breakfast mediocre, chewy and over-steamed sausages. No option for cold buffet like sliced meat and cheeses.

During my second stay, certain sections of the seventh floor doesn't pickup a wifi signal. Good signal in lounge but no reception in bedroom.

Average at best in the Sheraton portfolio. Would recommend if you're just tansiting through TPA.

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank superpandabear
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear superpandabear

I appreciate your staying with us and your comments. I am sorry we didn’t have meats and cheeses on the breakfast buffet while you were here. The buffet does change for variety but most days it does have those items. I have our engineers looking at the Internet signal for that area of the hotel to make any necessary corrections. We are always happy to deliver china, glasses and silverware upon request to the suites. Thank you again for the feedback.
NJ
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Super comfortable bedding. Spacious rooms. Excellent price and food items in breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank JR05611
Dear JenR2

Always great to have visitors from the Garden State. And if you have never been to New Jersey, you have no idea how nice it is. JenR2 and I know! Your review made my day. Hope to see you and your family the next time you visit Tampa!
Holiday
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was a good location that was close to the airport. Great accommodations, clean, great room, indoor pool, great customer service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Shari J
Dear Shari J.

Thank you for the 5-star rating. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and our staff.
Carmel, IN
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Let me start with some things I genuinely liked about this hotel, as my stay was perfectly ok and by no means an unpleasant experience:
-Comfortable and quiet rooms, with mini-fridge, microwaves and 2 nice tvs in each suite.
-Next door to a wonderful steakhouse called "Charley's".
-Decent fitness room with fair amount of good quality equipment.
-Nice lobby area with community internet computers.
-Atrium is a bit dated, but certainly seems well kept. DEFINITELY an old Embassy Suites!
-Love the Starbucks coffee in-room each morning!!

My 5-night stay at this hotel, was marked by a few oddities and head-scratchers that tainted my overall impression.
-My bed was short-sheeted EVERY NIGHT. The sheets they use stop about 2 inches from the foot of the bed, leaving you with an uncomfortable night's sleep. I would've complained, but these were obviously their sheets and I couldn't very well call for "long enough sheets that tuck into the bed". Just a real odd and ridiculous oversight.
-Fire alarm went off on Sunday night and left everybody wandering around outside for about 20 minutes at 9 p.m. Not sure if a kid pulled alarm as a prank or what, but it certainly ruined any relaxation and jolted people out of their rooms. No fire or problem, though.
-Okay, folks, I'm in Florida "The SUNSHINE State". I can't wait to catch some rays and have a little pool time out among the palm trees and breeze.............but there's NO OUTDOOR POOL!! (just a small indoor one) Again, I remind you, it's Florida!! Really, really, really bizarre thing to forget.
-VERY over-priced mini-market. Can't remember the last time I paid $2 for a Snickers Bar,.....oh wait, Never!

Since I got a decent rate that included parking, I'd likely stay here again if I didn't have other options. It's clean, well-kept and reasonably quiet. But I wouldn't recommend this hotel for sun lovers, families with kids that like playing outside, or people that like their sheets long enough to tuck in the bed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank damonandtina
Dear damonandtina

You are no doubt a veteran traveler and I appreciate your constructive feedback. The sheet situation, I will look into. Should not have been the case and I apologize. The fire alarm was indeed a false alarm and may have been caused as you suspected. We take them all seriously, however, and made sure there was no danger before it was silenced. On the indoor pool, it has its good points as well as its limitations. With an indoor pool there are no bugs, it doesn’t need to close when there is lightening (often in FLA) and believe it or not, the winters are too cool for outdoor swimming (my Midwest blood has thinned, I’m afraid).