Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #60 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Let me start with some things I genuinely liked about this hotel, as my stay was perfectly ok and by no means an unpleasant experience:
-Comfortable and quiet rooms, with mini-fridge, microwaves and 2 nice tvs in each suite.
-Next door to a wonderful steakhouse called "Charley's".
-Decent fitness room with fair amount of good quality equipment.
-Nice lobby area with community internet computers.
-Atrium is a bit dated, but certainly seems well kept. DEFINITELY an old Embassy Suites!
-Love the Starbucks coffee in-room each morning!!

My 5-night stay at this hotel, was marked by a few oddities and head-scratchers that tainted my overall impression.
-My bed was short-sheeted EVERY NIGHT. The sheets they use stop about 2 inches from the foot of the bed, leaving you with an uncomfortable night's sleep. I would've complained, but these were obviously their sheets and I couldn't very well call for "long enough sheets that tuck into the bed". Just a real odd and ridiculous oversight.
-Fire alarm went off on Sunday night and left everybody wandering around outside for about 20 minutes at 9 p.m. Not sure if a kid pulled alarm as a prank or what, but it certainly ruined any relaxation and jolted people out of their rooms. No fire or problem, though.
-Okay, folks, I'm in Florida "The SUNSHINE State". I can't wait to catch some rays and have a little pool time out among the palm trees and breeze.............but there's NO OUTDOOR POOL!! (just a small indoor one) Again, I remind you, it's Florida!! Really, really, really bizarre thing to forget.
-VERY over-priced mini-market. Can't remember the last time I paid $2 for a Snickers Bar,.....oh wait, Never!

Since I got a decent rate that included parking, I'd likely stay here again if I didn't have other options. It's clean, well-kept and reasonably quiet. But I wouldn't recommend this hotel for sun lovers, families with kids that like playing outside, or people that like their sheets long enough to tuck in the bed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Damon B
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Dear damonandtina

You are no doubt a veteran traveler and I appreciate your constructive feedback. The sheet situation, I will look into. Should not have been the case and I apologize. The fire alarm was indeed a false alarm and may have been caused as you suspected. We take them all seriously, however, and made sure there was no danger before it was silenced. On the indoor pool, it has its good points as well as its limitations. With an indoor pool there are no bugs, it doesn’t need to close when there is lightening (often in FLA) and believe it or not, the winters are too cool for outdoor swimming (my Midwest blood has thinned, I’m afraid).

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed two nights for business. Expected a cut rate airport hotel, but was surprised with a really nice, clean, contemporary hotel. It looks like this may have been an Embassy Suites at one time, but has been renovated into a really nice Sheraton. Room is very nice, with a front "living" room complete with hardwood floors, sleeping room with nice large TV, great bed and all amenities. Bathroom was current, spotless and spacious too.

Only disappointment was lack of wifi, but I can only assume that will be coming soon since it is pretty standard at most hotels today.

Overall, a great experience, at a great rate. Staff was friendly and my stay was perfect in every way.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Bus_Travel_TX

Dear Bus Travel TX

You are correct, Bus Travel, early in our childhood we were an Embassy but when we grew up, we blossomed into a Sheraton Suites! Gratified to know you enjoyed your stay. Wifi is indeed available throughout the hotel and is complimentary in our business center, The Link. Our housekeepers will be pleased to know you noticed the clean bathroom. See you soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Kudos to Dave the manager for a good hotel. We were in a large group of 15 going on a cruise and stayed here the night before. Our group arrived at different times and the hotel was great about getting our rooms close together.

Hotel is very close to the airport and the hotel shuttle pick up is great.

The local shuttle service within a couple miles of hotel worked out fine, except for an early morning run to McDonalds where the driver refused to wait the 5 minutes it would take for our food...so we were dropped off, ordered - had food in 2 minutes and had to call the hotel for the driver to come back. This seemed like a lot more wasted time for us and the driver....oh well.

Also, the $15 a person for hotel shuttle to cruise port seemed way too high. Our group of 15 would have filled the shuttle and the price would have been $225...3 taxis cost our group $80 including tips.

Would have been nice to have an outdoor pool rather than steamy indoor pool...but, we just went shopping instead.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnG-travel

Dear JohnG-travel

Cruising is a blast and I’m glad we were your jumping off point. The Tampa cruise terminal is eleven minutes (five miles) from the hotel. We will look for you the next time you take to the high seas!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for 3 weeks and enjoyed my stay. The location surrounding the hotel is not the best, but as long as you have a car, it's not horrible. The rooms are suites and the size and amenities are great, especially for the price. The staff is extremely friendly, but I didn't feel that the rooms were cleaned to the level I was used to in business hotels, but I think that's the rub. I'd definitely stay here for a personal stay, but I've been in better for business. Cleaning could've also been adjusted for us due to the length of our stay, but that was the only big issue I had during our stay. The exterior doors could probably use a better baffle on the bottom to keep out noise from the atrium and the fitness center is small but adequate and the equipment is nice.

If you're planning on using the pool during the day, it's not really an option as they have classes there most weekdays. Probably a good business decision for the hotel given the number of people who use the indoor pool during the day, but still a little annoying for when we wanted to use the pool. Then again, the beach isn't terribly far so depending on your plans it may or may not be an issue. They need to change their tv service though. NBA playoffs were on during our stay and couldn't watch most of it from our room or the bar downstairs because of the limited channel selection.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank derelicte78

Dear derelicte78

I appreciate your comments and your three-week stay. Quick update; since you were here in May, we installed Bright House Cable in the restaurant and lounge so we now have a greater variety of national and local sports choices. As far as transportation, our hotel vans offer complimentary service within a three-mile radius of the hotel which includes two large shopping malls, dozens of restaurants and even Cypress Point park, the closest beach on Tampa Bay.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I suppose I stayed at this hotel during a busy wedding and party weekend because it was constantly bustling with people here and there throughout the hotel. Most of the guest seemed to be teens searching for "THE PARTY". So evidently there was a big summer party and a huge wedding. This didn't however disturb the quiet. I was surprised at how quiet my room was. By the way, the room was actually a HUGE suite with a small kitchenette area, sofabed, small balcony and when you step out of the front door of your room, you overlook the hotels nice, garden-like, center court. The hotel restaurant serves great affordable food! The beds were very comfortable and clean! Loved it! WIll definitely stay again because the rate was amazing!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank charmelly

Dear Charmelly

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Yes, parties are fun except when you want to sleep. As you discovered, the layout of our suites works great for this. The living room is closest to the entry door with the bedroom in the back with a separate door. In the bedroom with the door closed, it is nice and quiet. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

First time visiting! Had to switched rooms 3x because the rooms were dirty especially the bathroom toilet. They barely clean it, just wipe down no getting in the crevices!! It looked like old dried up urine! Housekeeping came to my room and he was hostile and didn't do much to really clean! I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Sandramb1226

Dear Sandramb1226

I offer you my heartfelt apology for the poor experience we caused you. I hope that you will respond to my private message so we may speak. Our housekeeping team follows up on all constructive feedback and have done so on this as well. Thank you for sharing so that we may improve.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Let me begin by saying I booked this hotel on Priceline and received a very good rate. I do not feel the hotel's web sites rates were a good value. The hotel is very close and convenient to the Tampa airport. The area appears to be nice and is mostly commercial. The hotel looks nice from the outside and looks even better in the checkin area. I checked in after 4pm and was greeted with an extremely pleasant and helpful desk clerk. I had very good vibes at this point. I was disappointed to learn there is no complimentary breakfast nor is there free wifi. Really?
I was assigned room 623. The room size is huge. More than I needed for one person. I was tastefully furnished and proved to be comfortable. Loved the pillows. The ceiling showed some wear and the carpet appeared worn and could have used a good vacuuming. The bathroom mirror was dirty and the hand towel had brown smudges. Aside from those complaints I really liked my room. Minor complaints that are easily fixed.
I had drinks at the bar after check in. Happy hour is very reasonable and the bartenders were attentive and pleasant. Free parking was greatly appreciated.
All in all I liked the location, liked my room, loved the staff and would stay there again for a short stay if the price was right. If I paid regular rates I would be more critical. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank RGD64
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Dear RGD

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments and have shared them with our housekeeping staff for follow-up. While there is a charge for Internet service in the rooms, the business center (The Link) has free Internet for 45 minute intervals. We look forward to your next visit!