All reviewsindoor poolbeautiful atriumfront deskopen atriumsitting roomstarbucks coffeebreakfast buffetrooms are largeroad noisetampa airportsofa bedvery nice stayan early flightshuttle servicemile radiushotel restaurantvery nice hotel
Reviewed March 23, 2011

On positive notes the room was clean and the front desk staff was efficient. We stayed in a two room suite and needed to use the sleeper sofa as a bed. No pillows or blankets were provided for the convertible which was very uncomfortable. The air conditioner was quite noisy. Housekeeping knocked on the door at 8:15 in the morning wanting to clean the room. Prices for breakfast were outrageous. A bowl of cereal with no fruit was $5.50. The waitress asked if I wanted to get the cereal or did I want her to. lol

At check-out the person asked how my stay was. I said the front desk did fine but there were other problems. She replied "Thank you for choosing Sheraton" and handed me my receipt.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KingofSC
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2011

Dear VicStone

Please allow me to apologize for letting you down during your recent stay. All of the items you mention are within our control and we should have been more proactive. I appreciate you bringing them to my attention so we can improve. Thank you for your kind comments on the room cleanliness and our front desk team. I look forward to an opportunity to show you that we can do much better.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

I stayed for a business conference and was pleased with the room- its actually a a two room suite with one living room type room. One thing about this hotel I liked- it was very clean! During my conference I noticed the bathrooms in the lobby area were cleaned multiple times daily. There is internet access free in the lobby and there are five or six computers available to guests free for 45 mins at a time. So printing your boarding passes and checking email is easy. I found the staff very polite for the most part. There is a breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant. There is also a lunch buffet as well as a normal menu. The food was very good! The shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes and I noticed peak times for departures to airport (like after my conference let out) overfilled the bus- so get out there there 10 mins early. When you arrive and call the hotel they advise you where to wait for the shuttle, it could be 20-30 mins, but hey you're in Tampa. Of course there are taxis available but they are not free! There was some noise esp noted by others whose rooms were near the outdoor smoking areas- people who have been drinking at the bar can be a little loud but what can you do. There's lots of places to eat, many are walking distance. There's a Subway down the street in a Shell station if you want to grab sandwiches and keep them in your room refrigerator. The gym has treadmills and ellipticals in good working order and some free weights. The pool is indoors. You are only four miles and ten minutes from the airport. I liked this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank a1877015

Dear a1877015

Yes, every room is a suite and we are quite proud of our housekeepers. They take great pride in their work. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We feel our hotel is an excellent location for business as well as a leisure adventure. The Link @ Sheraton is our business center where all guests can get connected and stay connected. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2011

I spent 2 nights in February 2011 at the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My suite was huge, and I thought it was nicely decorated: Living room with dark laminate floor, dark wood counter/desk, LG flatscreen tv, rug, couch, chair, sink, small fridge and microwave. Separate bedroom with king bed, dresser, another LG flatscreen, sliding patio door out onto a tiny 2'x5' balcony. And, of course, a closet and a bathroom. The hotel is arranged around a large atrium, with palm trees and running streams under the glass roof, with a pair of elevators at opposite corners.

This hotel is an easy drive from decent food, or right next-door to an award-winning, $$$-expensive steakhouse. It is less than five miles from the airport -- I could see the control tower from my room -- and a super-simple drive to catch your flight. The I-275 freeway is directly adjacent and easy to get to/from. Downtown is probably 10 miles away...or a half-hour on the I-275 at rush-hour, as I experienced it.

Dings: One of the elevators closest to the front desk was out of commission for my entire stay, causing congestion; My room had no hotel services directory; My patio door would not latch shut and wanted to fall off its tracks; Someone rented the place for a Quinceañera party on my second night, and there was no parking available; $10 a day for internet? Seriously?

Hits: Super-comfy bed; huge room; friendly staff; easily reached from the I-275 and airport; "fuel-efficient vehicle" parking in front. (I rented a Prius, lol)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank imsonot
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

Hello, imsonot

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite, our staff and found our location convenient for your trip to Tampa. I am so sorry about the elevator being down for repairs, with as busy as we are, I know it is an inconvenience. The new hotel directory is in final proofing and should be in place before your next visit. Again, with being busy, parking adjacent to the hotel may fill up. We work with that award winning steakhouse and the office building next door when this happens. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for one night only before we travelled back home from our holiday in Sarasota. The lobby is beautiful and the front desk receptionist was super friendly when we checked in. The room was large and spacious with comfy bed, sofa and two flat screen TVs, the atrium and view below are very attractive. The only compliant that I have is that the morning that we were checking out my husband had to get the shuttle bus over to another hotel next to the airport, about 3 minutes away to collect something from our freinds, he went to reception at 9.50 and was told the shuttle was due in about 5 minutes, he got back to the room at 11.15, he waited over an hour and 10 minutes for the shuttle bus. He went back into reception 3 times to enquire where it was, and was told it will be here in a minute, in the end he asked them to call a cab as he had lost so much time, the receptionist said a cab will take 15- 20 minutes to arrive so wait for the shuttle it will be much quicker, but it was about the same time before it came to pick him up. He actually saw the shuttle arrive and then drive off again at one point without picking anyone up, when he asked recepetion what happened, the answer was ' oh she must have had another call to collect a passenger elsewhere' and that was that !!!!!
Sadly the delay meant that we missed having something to eat with our friends as planned before the flight and had to eat at the airport and pay crazy money for a sandwich. We wasted well over an hour waiting around, in what should have taken 15 minutes to do the journey back and forth as they were staying the Marriot literally 3 minutes drive away. My advise is leave more than double the time you need if you are going to rely on the very poor shuttle service, although this didnt spoil our stay it meant we ended up being a little stressed at what had been a great vacation in total

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo A

Dear jod3303

I realize that a great stay can be spoiled at the very end if the hotel creates frustration for a guest. I apologize for the aggravation we caused you both in what should have been a simple matter. I can tell you that as we have gotten busier (and thank you and your fellow travelers for this!) we are adding two additional van drivers and increasing airport shuttle service to every 20 minutes. I hear you!

Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed in the Sheraton with my two teenage daughters prior to a cruise. The shuttle service was great. One phone call and the shuttle was there to pick us up within 10-15 minutes (and free from the airport). Check in was quick although the front desk staff were quite frigid. The open air atrium was really pretty and we didn't experience any noise from the atrium into our rooms. The rooms were very spacious with separate sleeping area, great work desk and nice flat screen TV's in the living area and the bedrooms. The beds were sooooo comfy, like sinking into a cloud! The bathroom was quite small but met our needs. We didn't use the pool but did use the workout room. Nothing spectacular but certainly met our needs. We took the shuttle to a nearby shopping mall (free) and the shuttle driver gave us a card to call when we were ready to come back. Great restaurant options in the mall, really nice indoor/outdoor restaurants and many to choose from. The shuttle will take you to the cruise ship terminal also for $15/pp charge. We opted to take a taxi instead for $20 vs. $45 shuttle for the 3 of us. The front desk arranged a taxi for us and it was waiting for us the next day on time. We did have breakfast in the hotel. Average buffet, moderately priced. The only real complaint that I had was with the front desk staff. I had to walk down to the desk to get an extra blanket after calling and waiting > 30 minutes. They were pretty rude. They signed us up for the shuttle to the cruise ship pier and when I found out that a taxi was <$20 for the 3 of us I went back to the desk to cancel the shuttle. I am not at all surprised that the $45 shuttle charge was on my credit card statement when I returned. I would stay here again because it was convenient, clean and spacious rooms. The free shuttle made the hotel a little more of a value. Just make sure you check your bill carefully and kill the front desk staff with smiles.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank christiedreier

Dear WisconsinSunseeker

As a native Michigander, I too came south seeking sun. I just hope you aren’t one of those Wisconsin state senators hiding from the statehouse! Thank you for all the kind comments, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. All team members should be giving world class hospitality and I am so sorry that is not what you received. We take this feedback seriously and will endeavor to improve. I hope you enjoyed your cruise and will stay with us prior to your next voyage.