“Name & Fire Alarm”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #25 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed April 8, 2014

False fire alarm went off in middle of night - 2 announcements made for fire alarm plus two more announcements made saying false alarm and apologizing. Apparently offered a discount breakfast next morning per another guest but we were never informed of this. Also, cannot even spell my first name correctly even though I used my credit card to pay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Good Day Bratt S,

I know it has been some time since you have visited our property. However, I wanted to send my apologies for your experience. While the fire alarm is there for the safety of all of our guests, we understand how frustrating in can be especially during the night. I also apologize if you felt you were not offered the same as others, as we want all of our guests to leave having had a wonderful stay. Your feedback and comments are very valuable to us. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Chellie M.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Where do I begin?

As a Hilton Honors member I have come to expect great things from Hilton Brand hotels. I found none of those things here.

First, the room smelled and bathroom was not cleaned. Second, the rooms were outdated, dirty and very worn. Third, my son was locked in the bathroom as a result of a faulty door. Although someone arrived promptly to fix it, it was never fixed properly and he was locked in again later that night. Fourth, we were woken at 4am to the smell of bacon. It was so strong I could not believe it! At 5am I woke the night manager (it was clear from the long line and is appearance he had been sleeping) and asked if we could be moved as soon as possible based on all I've stated above. He was not apologetic and said we could be moved a little later that morning. I left it at that. Before leaving for the day at 10am I checked with the morning manager about our move. She said it would be shortly and I left my number with her so she could call as soon as the room was ready. I call at 3pm and the man at the desk did not know what I was talking about. We arrived back at 4pm at which time I hd to remind the manager that we requested the move and why. We were then moved to another room, that although still very worn and dated, was at least bacon smell free, (this move, and the closeness to the airport is why I gave the hotel 2 stars although I think it deserves 1.5). Fifth, the breakfast was ICE COLD every single day or the six mornings we were there. Sixth, the drive to Clearwater and beaches is long and full of traffic!

Honestly, I cannot understand the great reviews of this hotel. It was as if we were at a different location than all these guests. So, while I hope your experience will not be as terrible as ours, don't say I didn't worn you!

2  Thank MelissaW1

Good Day MelissaW1,

I just wanted to reach out to you and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. In reviewing all of the information over the last year, I realized no one had responded to your feedback, and I wanted to let you know that your time and feedback are very valuable to us. We have continued to make successful improvements over the last year, and we sincerely apologize for everything your experienced while at our property. We know we would be better equipped this time around if you decide to give us another opportunity in the future.

Chellie M.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Bought the "room and breakfast" package for 4, then while at breakfast the first morning we found out the breakfast coupon was only for young kids and could not be used for my two teenagers. Extra blanket took several calls. Room was nice, clean, quiet and had a great view.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was clean, quiet and well decorated. It's within walking distance of restaurants and our room had a nice view. It was a very easy drive to the Tampa airport, yet didn't have the airport feel. We stayed here at the end of our trip and wish that we had spent the entire time here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy G
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Good Evening Amy G,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. We definitely pride ourselves on our gourgeous water views overlooking the bay, and we are thrilled you had the chance to experience that along with our newly refreshed guest rooms. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here, and we look forward to your future stays with us. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Chellie M

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here before a cruise leaving from the Tampa port. The rooms were beautiful, the restaurant had a great breakfast buffet, though it was a little pricier than I was used to. The best part of the stay was the view from the parking lot - and my room - as the sun was setting over the St Pete causeway..beautiful location A+++

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the bay..you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank spsmjj
Reviewed April 4, 2014

It was a beautiful and pleasurable experience in Tampa,especially to stay at the Double Three Hotel located at Rocky Point.The hotel staff and the people were the nicest lately.The food and the accomodations were excellent and the place neat and clean.My family and myself are planning to come back soon.

2  Thank Ricardo P
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My family and I are from Orlando and like to go to Tampa for quick weekend getaways. After spending lots of money on places like the Hyatt Westshore we were so happy to stumble upon this Doubletree. It is quality, value, service and amenities for a great price. Since then, we have never returned to the Hyatt and I have lost track of how many times we have been here. We have NEVER had to call for any complaints or problems. We always get our requested room away from vending machines and elevators. The view out back by the pool is breathtaking and first thing in the morning drinking coffee while watching boats go by...it doesn't get much better!! The hotel is convenient to several restaurants like Bahama Breeze and Hogans Beach which are both water view restaurants, and is also convenient to the causeway heading to Clearwater.

Room Tip: Always happy with a room away from elevator and vending machines (ice)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family