“Un acceptable room rate changes”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #25 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Hotel itself was OK but the unjustified increase in rate changes for a reservation made four weeks later for the same accommodation for a week later was totally unacceptable. The Hilton needs to realize that it is not the be all and end all. I would much prefer a smaller hotel where my business is really appreciated. Had there been a family type hotel close to the airport I would have preferred it.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have stayed at many places in our time however this was the worst. Room smelled of urine, bed had hair in it, bathroom was left unclean. We were promised a Bay front room and were given a room at the back of the hotel. The bedding looking like someone put it in a wrinkle machine. All the furniture had juice and soda stains on it. When we complained to management we were told we could keep the room or leave. We had no place else to stay and used spare bedding to cover the bed for the night. The next day we checked out and we will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
1  Thank 071157
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

On behalf of the hotel I want to apologize for your recent experience with us. I assure you it was not a typical one as our hotel prides itself on outstanding service levels and with a virtually completed renovation a beautiful hotel. I can only think that you may have been on the last floor that needs to be renovated which is being done this week. Regardless, the housekeeping issues and management repsonse was unacceptable. I will share your feedback with my team here and address all the issues. I hope you will give us another opportunity to experience our great hotel. Again please accept my apologies.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Rooms are great, clean, wonderful. Lovely view. Front desk staff are incredibly helpful. Unfortunately, we found expired milk and yogurt in the breakfast buffet. Housekeeping knocked three times in a row when we were trying to sleep. Each time we told them we were checking out that day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I love the Doubletree brand, have stayed at many throughout the USA. We chose this hotel because it was the closest to the hospital with availability, due to a convention going on. Although we really did prefer to stay closer to the hospital, it turned out to be such a great place that we will definitely stay there again. This one was one of the best...the suite was spacious and the overall experience was A+.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the great feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will stay with us again the next time you are in Tampa. I hope all went well for you and your family with the hospitalization. I will definitely pass along to the team here your A+ rating...we love it! Thanks again and have a great week.

Take CARE,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I left my phone at the hotel on the morning of my flight and they searched all over for it and THEN drove it to me at the airport so I didn't miss my flight! The room was VERY nice, and our dinner was pretty good. I had the shrimp scampi, and it was excellent. My husband had a burger. It was just a burger, but our waiter was quite kind and offered us another warm cookie since we passed on dessert.

1  Thank HayleyBMuncyPA
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and providing your great feedback, we appreciate both! Be assured I will pass along your favorable comments to my team here. Our mantra at the Doubletree by Hilton Tampa Bay Suites is when you CARE it shows and we love to deliver on that promise. I am glad we could locate your phone and get it to you at the airport. We look forward to you staying with us agin the next time your travels bring you to Tampa Bay

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our room was recently updated. The room was very clean, and the matress was excellent. Furnishings were like new. Also, this hotel had a seperate sitting area from the bedroom, which is a big deal when traveling with children. We were able to get the room on sale, which made the value excellent. During the height of season, it may be over priced.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for commenting on our newly renovated hotel. The hotel looks great, rooms, hallways, meeting space, lobby, restaurant, lounge....we are very excited going into 2014. We appreciate at your feedback and staying with us very much.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've stayed here a few times and it's always been good to me. The rooms are huge and nice. The staff has always been pleasant. The breakfast is over priced. Not a bad place though... pretty close to the airport and usually a good price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple