“wonderful”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #23 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 10, 2013

love the place, I will be back and the staff is wonderful, the bed was very soft and the rooms are so clean, the people there make you feel at home, room service is a little high but other than that thing where great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Loved the view from our room saw the bay and the pool. Very quiet and clean. The King size bed was really comfy and I woke up brand new. Room was big yet cozy. If I could improve something it would of been the TV menu, would of been nice to snuggle to a good movie without interruptions.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very good property on the west side near the Tampa airport for business or relaxing. The location of the property is a little remote from Tampa activities, but the property itself is better then most airport type hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were vacationing in Venice Fl and took a to Tampa to visit my son and daughter.
We were first welcomed by Carlos who was very helpful with my room selection (705)
Thru out my stay Carlos and the front desk were great.
I have to do a shout out to the restaurant and bar staff! Christine and Noah were great with keeping us hydrated.. George was great for Breakfast.
The late night pizza was amazing !!!!! Get there before 10:30 !!!
Lastly if you want Sushi go to Soho sushi

Room Tip: If you get a walk out patio that's great or go up to the top on 7 odd numbers 701 to 719 Sunse...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was given room 703 and the view was amazing! The suite was clean and very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again just for the fact that the living room and bar area are separate from the king size bedroom with its own television. The bed was VERY comfortable. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. My only request would be to air condition the hallway and heat up the breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a bay view room as high up as possible. The elevators are air conditioned and FAST.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I happened upon this hotel as we searched for hotels in the Tampa area. The view of the bay was great (although ours was a little blocked by some trees) but none-the-less it was great. The staff persons were very friendly and courteous. We arrived early so we couldn't check in right away but Carlos completed a pre-check in, took by phone number and assured me that I would receive a call once the room was ready. As he promised a young lady (I don't remember her name) called and told us that our room was ready. Check-in was quick and easy. THE COOKIE WAS EXCELLENT! It was warm, gooey and tasted great. The facilities were clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable "home away from home."

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our stay was awesome. The best weekend we have ever had.. We are state employees so we qualified for the Government Getaway program which includes breakfast which was great. All of the staff was so friendly especially Carlos who was at the front desk. I can't say enough about Carlos he took very good care of us.. The rooms are so spacious and quiet on the top floor at the end of hall.. The bed was comfortable and might even be the best I have ever slept on in a hotel.. The views are wonderful.. The location is convenient. The cookies were a nice treat... While at the pool a Dolphin was feeding right there in the canal/bay area next to the pool... How thrilling that was!... It was a spectacular weekend and we greatly appreciate how accommodating the staff was to us.. We have no complaints other than we had to leave but we will be back in a few months.. I highly recommend this hotel.. Also Bahamas Breeze, which is not far from the hotel, has great ribs and Pina Coladas..

Room Tip: 6th ot 7th floor with views over the pool or of the bay at the end of the hall.. You can't go wr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple