“Outragous breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Port Charlotte, United States
“Outragous breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Family was charged $10 per muffin and $15 for a coffee at breakfast.... Be advised, what appears to be a complimentary breakfast is actually the most expensive snacks I have ever purchased. I was shocked when I received a bill totaling $50 for a couple muffins and a cup of coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

2 Thank Anissa W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the best hotel I have stayed at in years! Staff very friendly and accommodating. The hallways and rooms are very quiet. And I can't say enough about the location. The view was amazing. Dolphins swim up to the area by the pool demanding attention.

The room was great. Very nice setup. Very roomy and comfortable.
My only complaint was that housekeeping forgot to leave hand towels our second night there. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Can't beat the rate either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sellersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hotel is is a nice location! Very easy to get to from tampa international airport. Just across the road from whiskey joe's..also a nice place for dinner. Bed was very very comfortable! Our kids slept on the pull out sofa and said it was also comfortable. Hotel staff was very pleasant and the warm cookies at check in were a hit with the whole family!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is a great value. You have a private room and living room for the same price all the regular dumpy hotels are charging, in the area. This hotel is on the water with a nice waterside pool. You Can Not Beat The Value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when I went for surgery at Laser Spine Institute. I was amazed at the spacious room, which was more like a suite! Having never stayed at a Doubletree before, it reminded me of an Embassy Suites! The staff had great recommendations for restaurants, activities and more! They had a virtual transportation network involved at all hours of the day shuttling guests to different locations for different needs. They even kept ice packs frozen for surgical guests. They were more than accommodating! If you go to Laser Spine Institute for surgery, you must stay at Doubletree!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests and in turn are proud of our great service scores. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us.
Gaithersburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I never considered staying at this hotel when flying to Tampa - what a great alternative to the Westshore scene. This hotel has an amazing view of the Tampa Bay, and plenty of great, waterfront restaurants within walking distance. Great size room (two-room suites) at a very reasonable rate. Feels like a resort. The one drawback is the product is a little tired but they advertise the renovation is just around the corner; they already started painting the buildings from that 80's style yellow to something more contemporary. I'll be back on my next trip now that I know you are there, just outside of Westshore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us and your thoughts about the changes we make.
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for business a few weeks ago and was pleased with the size of the rooms and the location. The standard size is a 1 bedroom suite with a large living room and a lot of space. As far as I can tell all of the rooms have a view of the bay and there's a fridge and microwave in the room. The rooms didn't look brand new but they seemed nice enough and they were very clean.

There is a small pool that looks over the "bay" (it's actually a little swampy, but maybe that's how it is in Tampa??) and a decent sized gym. It was very convenient that there is a shuttle that takes you anywhere you want to go within 3 miles, so I was able to go to dinner and a movie and not have to drive myself around. The hotel is within 10 minutes or so of the airport so it's really convenient to get in and out. The front desk and shuttle staff were very helpful and friendly. And it was a very nice plus that they gave me a warm chocolate chip cookie when I checked in!
If I was going back to Tampa I would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure all the rooms overlook the bay so I don't think you can get a bad room. Al...