“Nice location, clean & spacious rooms”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #25 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night at this location. Easy access to Raymond James, airport & Westshore Mall. No opportunity to enjoy the pool or other amenities. Beautiful view from all rooms. Very, very clean which is a big plus for me. Overall, good value for the price- Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I have passed your information on to our Executive Housekeeper to commend her staff on the cleanliness of the room.

Warm regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The front desk staff at this hotel is superior to similar hotels in the Hilton and Marriott systems. I stay often and was very impressed with their professionalism both dealing with me and as I observed them deal with others. I was there with family and the children loved the pool - heated well enough to tackle this cold Florida spring. For us, it was a central location to the beach and some places on the outskirts of Tampa that we visited. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and experienced our excellent customer service. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests and in turn are of our great service scores. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us again.

Best regards

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We only stayed one night, to be close to the Tampa Airport for an early 5 AM flight out. the hotel has some age on her, but she is well taken care of. Only two complaints. The wall paper in the bath near the ceiling had bubbled out pretty bad, and the bed is a bit on the soft/saggy side. Otherwise, couldn't beat it for $119

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during Spring Break-great location just about 25 minutes East of Clearwater Beach, but it also turned out to be a bit of a traffic nightmare. Any other time of the year, it would not be an issue. Rooms were clean and large. Front desk staff superb to every request and question. Pool area nice, clean pool, and water temp was just right. There is no bar service out by the pool which would of been an added plus and would of kept us there longer, but for someone reason they don't. For the money, service, location, service, you can't go wrong. Two big time bars literally across the street, Hogans Beach and Whiskey Jacks. I-275 is just 5 minutes away too.

• Stayed: March 2013
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit as always and experienced our excellent customer service. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in Tampa.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very dated and worn out facitilty. First room had big fresh stain on bed covering. Second room had stains on couches and floor. There was a hole in the countertop in bathroom with no apparent reason. Sink in bathroom would not drain. We didn't feel comfortable, and we certainly didn'f feel it was worth the money they charged.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I'm so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to what you expected nor ours. Thank you for alerting us to the maintenance and housekeeping issues so we can quickly resolve them and ensure future guests' comfort. We value your business and hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can be of any additional service, certainly let me know.

Kind regards.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel was everything you would expect from a Double Tree hotel. I stayed there for one night with my family. The suite was large, clean and comfortable. Nice view of the water. The restaurant was nice, enjoyed a buffet breakfast. That was a little on the high side as far as price went but not outside of what you would typically find. Overall, this was a very good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations. I apologize for price of the breakfast buffet but we are competitively priced. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel needs to go through a customer service course. It is pitiful! The first room had bed bugs & my daughter-in-law got a bite on her, the hotel acted as if it was no big deal! The prices at the hotel are ridiculously high! A bowl of cereal was $7.00. I think with the cost of the hotel they could offer a breakfast. I was here for a week, checked out a day early because I was just fed up with the hotel! This hotel seriously needs an update! Poor beds!
The location was perfect but I would rather drive than deal with this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else until the hotel is updated!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We sincerely apologize for the very fortunate experience you had during you stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and can assure you that we truly do care about all of our guests comfort, health and safety. Our pest control company has address the situation and were reviewing your comments with our team. We value your business and if we can help anyway, please let us know

Kind regards.