“Excellent service, convenient location near airport, dated property but super well kept. Would stay again”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #23 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Nice suite rooms, free parking and wifi, hassle free check in, help with bags in the parking, great service, good rate and conveniently located near airport. The property is very well kept despite the fact that it is at least 80's vintage.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank jabnolla
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind reviewl! We appreciate our guests’ feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests and in turn are proud of our service scores. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tampa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy, but it is clean, well situated, and reasonably priced. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. At night they leave out warm chocolate chip cookies. Ask for a view of the water and a high floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water and a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive reviewl! We appreciate our guests’ feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our location while on business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and the warm cookies will be waiting for you.
Waldwick, NJ
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have stayed at the Double tree several times over the past couple of years, and it does not disappoint. The staff is excellent and restuarant is great, the pool is wonderful. The only draw back is the room's could use some updating, The AC in my room was not working good but they offered to change my room for me, they did inform me they were updating the ac so that would be good for next time. But I will be back again soon, and the cookies upon check in is great !

Room Tip: the bay view is magnificent, we saw the dolphins out in the bay. sooo cool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RGLA112
Thank you so much for your wonderful reviewl! We appreciate all our guests’ feedback. We were glad to hear that you continue to enjoy our location. I am happy to report that all of our A/C units have been replaced. You may also have heard we will be undergoing multi-million dollar renovation. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hearing what you think about the changes we make.
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times while on business in the Tampa area. I like the location, the views of the bay from the rooms are tremendous. I also like to run on the trail along side the causeway out into the bay. There's a couple popular restaurants in the area within walking distance or a short drive. On the negative side, the hotel is showing its age a bit, but really no more than any other hotel in the airport / westshore area. The restaurant onsite is mediocre at best - it wouldn't be my first choice on next visit. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel and would consider staying here again when proximity to the airport and ease of access to other areas is important.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members get good view rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JVBV
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your honest comments about our hotel! We appreciate all our guests’ feedback. We were glad to hear that you continue to enjoy our location. I am happy to report that we will be undergoing a renovation at the end of the year. We hope to see you again in the future and look forward to hearing what you think about the changes we make.
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location and the staff is really nice. The room and hallways are old and run down. The carpet was dirty. The phone was dirty. The couches were dirty but it was hard to tell because of the dark color. When the sun came in on them, it showed how dirty they were. The walls near the a/c unit was cracked and moldy. The ceiling also had mold on it. We didn't want to sleep on the bed near the a/c unit, it was gross being so close to the dirty moldy wall. This is a Double Tree by Hilton. I thought they have higher standards than this. It was disappointing. They really need to renovate. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Natalie2074
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all our guests comments. I apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. The condition of the room was unacceptable and certinaly not up to our high standards. Please contact me directly so that I may get further details. I want to restore your confidence in us and I will do my very best in doing so. I look forward to hearing from you.
Swarthmore
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at the Double Tree Suites Tampa Bay for two nights (8/2 an8/3/2012). Our room was a pool/bay view and it was the perfect for our family of four. The room was immaculate and spacious, we requested extra towels which were there at check-in, the staff were friendly and accommodating. The beds were very comfortable, and the suite gave us plenty of room with a TV in each room as well. We enjoyed our stay and enjoyed the pool and watching dolphins right there in the bay while poolside. Beautiful sunsets over the bay as well and overall an excellent place to stay while in Tampa Bay! Fantastic location for our purposes of visiting colleges - we got to enjoy the amenities of the hotel, take a drive over to Clearwater Beach as well which is right over the causeway from the hotel. Pool furniture could be upgraded, but overall a outstanding!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank irishpatty123
8137398812, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We were glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly customer service while visiting colleges. We hope to see you and your family again soon.
Scandia, Minnesota
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It's been, jeez, a few years since my last stay. The positives?

* Arienne or whoever the employee was at the front desk who checked me in.
* Denice and her wing-woman who work the bar.
* Danny who cut me and cooked a steak the size of my head.
* The pool was nice and warm and inviting
* I needed a shirt and they gave me a pre-printed sheet that led me right to a Target.
* Free parking.

Downside?

* My room was hot. I mean, sweating in the room hot. Unable to nap hot. Granted, I was on the top floor i02) but even with the temp set at 65, it was barely sufferable. i asked three times for someone to look at the AC. The explanation from the frigid (literally because the lobby was refreshingly cool)was that "It's Florida. It's hot. Pull the shades, that helps." I was in Orlando later and the room was set at 71...it felt like Barrow, Alaska.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business