DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
$179
  • Breakfast included
$177
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$142
$85
$72
1,447 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesrocky pointbahama breezeclearwater beachbreakfast buffetpool arearooms are largebusiness tripclose to the airporteasy accessliving roomthe shuttle drivergreat roomhotel shuttlebed was comfortableupon check
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were greeted by a warm chocolate chip cookie and a friendly front office lady who was all by herself at counter with a line behind us and she handled everything so cool, calm & collected. We were put on the top floor which I was excited for and it worked out great we had a great view...you saw dumpsters when looking straight down but looking out we had a great view of rocky point & surrounding water. Instantly we noticed the king room was huge! It could actually be made into 2 rooms with the pull out sofa. Both rooms were spacious. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletry which is a very good brand. We instantly got in out suits and headed down to the pool. Fresh towels were available and although there were quite a bit of people down there we each got a chair & spot in the pool. We were served poolside with drinks by a staff member I have to name, Karim took great care of us that day & the next morning at breakfast & we made sure to fill out a comment card on his excellent service. The pool area had available shade, a great view of the surrounding water and was clean. We had dinner at Brio at International Mall which was a short drive & yummy. The bed was comfortable & check out being noon was so great we got to sleep in & enjoy it that much more. Sunday morning we were pleased with the breakfast that was offered to us for an additional $10 that covered us both!!! Great Great Deal!! So whether a quick local getaway or if your visiting from afar this hotel is one I reccommend highly! Wish I had more pics but my phone ran out of memory

Room Tip: We loved the top floor Im sure either side of hotel has great views it's located in agreat spot... See if they offer the $10 for 2 for breakfast theres a waffle iron & wonderful service... great pool & drinks are served... enjoy your warm cookie upon arrival!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cholula84
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed one night prior to flying out of Tampa.Good location for early morning flights. Hotel is definitely showing age. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean, but worn. Looks like furniture hasn't been updated in at least a decade.

Room Tip: If you do stay look for a decent discount. Do not pay posted rates.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jma00a1
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Honestly had a fantastic stay at the Double Tree Suites in Tampa. The location in great for the view and access to major roads. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were large, clean and up to date. I will be returning to this hotel often.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

On the positive side the rooms are huge, the beds are very comfortable and the locations is nice. There are three places to eat within a short drive or with the free shuttle. The cookies are great.

On the negative. the area between the floor and baseboards in the halls was very dirty, Guess that there vacs don't do edges. The hot tub has been replaced by a meeting room and there are not any nearby stores of any type to get supplies. Several guest were complaning that there was no ice in the ice machines.

The pool area was just average.

Got a great deal on Priceline and so was happy but not sure I would book it at the posted rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Average hotel at a more than decent price in Tampa Bay area. If nothing else, it was worth it for the Hilton Honors points. That being said, I will probably not stay here again. The hotel is a little run down at this point, showing signs of age and wear and tear. It wasn't dirty to the point where I packed up and left, but I couldn't let myself think about the carpet too much. There was also a beetle on the headboard one morning, and I just don't do well with creepy crawlies.

For the most part, service was excellent. The gentleman from Italy who checked us in was very sweet and personable, even giving me recommendations for our future trip to Italy. The bartender was also very nice.

I was not impressed with housekeeping. We left our room for the day at around noon, and made sure to move the Do Not Disturb sign back into the room so we got service. This is our m.o. every time we are in a hotel, and have never had a problem. We got back around 6 pm to a still dirty room, complete with our room service dishes and when I called housekeeping I was informed we had missed service b/c our Do Not Disturb sign had been up. Again, it was moved at 12 pm. I didn't know our window of opportunity was so narrow. When I requested extra towels at the least, we got them no problem....once the man bringing the towels knocked on the correct door (I literally watched him knock next door the first time, clearly getting room number wrong). We also had to call twice to get the room service dishes removed from the hallway. Classy.

The best part was on our way out, we got to watch a dolphin and stingray in the bay.

Next time I have to be in Tampa (I have family there) I will be checking out other properties, Hilton points or not!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family