Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore(Tampa)(Great Value!)
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$132
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

$148
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$133
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$194
$149
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$151
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$133
$121
SailportSuites.com
1,493 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesrocky pointbahama breezeclearwater beachpool areabreakfast buffetrooms are largebusiness tripclose to the airporteasy accessthe shuttle driverliving roomhotel shuttlebed was comfortableupon checkfree shuttle
Reviewed July 8, 2012

On the positive side the rooms are huge, the beds are very comfortable and the locations is nice. There are three places to eat within a short drive or with the free shuttle. The cookies are great.

On the negative. the area between the floor and baseboards in the halls was very dirty, Guess that there vacs don't do edges. The hot tub has been replaced by a meeting room and there are not any nearby stores of any type to get supplies. Several guest were complaning that there was no ice in the ice machines.

The pool area was just average.

Got a great deal on Priceline and so was happy but not sure I would book it at the posted rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Average hotel at a more than decent price in Tampa Bay area. If nothing else, it was worth it for the Hilton Honors points. That being said, I will probably not stay here again. The hotel is a little run down at this point, showing signs of age and wear and tear. It wasn't dirty to the point where I packed up and left, but I couldn't let myself think about the carpet too much. There was also a beetle on the headboard one morning, and I just don't do well with creepy crawlies.

For the most part, service was excellent. The gentleman from Italy who checked us in was very sweet and personable, even giving me recommendations for our future trip to Italy. The bartender was also very nice.

I was not impressed with housekeeping. We left our room for the day at around noon, and made sure to move the Do Not Disturb sign back into the room so we got service. This is our m.o. every time we are in a hotel, and have never had a problem. We got back around 6 pm to a still dirty room, complete with our room service dishes and when I called housekeeping I was informed we had missed service b/c our Do Not Disturb sign had been up. Again, it was moved at 12 pm. I didn't know our window of opportunity was so narrow. When I requested extra towels at the least, we got them no problem....once the man bringing the towels knocked on the correct door (I literally watched him knock next door the first time, clearly getting room number wrong). We also had to call twice to get the room service dishes removed from the hallway. Classy.

The best part was on our way out, we got to watch a dolphin and stingray in the bay.

Next time I have to be in Tampa (I have family there) I will be checking out other properties, Hilton points or not!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family and I spent a week at the DoubleTree. Each employee that we encountered spoke to us asked how our stay was etc. Christine in the lounge made us feel so at home. She would introduce us to other guests that would come in. Anna Marie greeted us in the restaurant each morning with a smile. The Front Desk staff were all nice and very helpful with directions etc. The room was great. The service was wonderful. I would tell anyone going to Tampa to stay at this location. Thank you to all of the Management Team at this hotel. The employees are being trained properly in Customer Service. Kudos to everyone at this hotel. I can't wait to return. Make sure to spend a couple of days by the pool. The view is awesome, plus you may just see dolphins swimming around.

Room Tip: The view of the Bay is Awesome. I would try and request a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. I was here for business and they had everything I needed except for delicious dinner food and ambiance. They really had one area to eat, the bar is available too but the whole area is dismal and the food was not worth the price. The room itself was huge and very clean. The gym was nice because they had a lot machines and free weights. The breakfast was wonderful. Overall, I would absolutely stay here next time I'm in the area, just eat dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I spent a week here on business and was pretty happy with the stay, however the hotel itself did not blow my socks off. The definite best part of the stay was the view of the bay from the room. I even saw dolphins swimming by a few times. (of course only half of the rooms have this view, so if you get a room facing the parking lot you'd be missing out on the best part of the place) The pool is also very nice, big, and clean. And if you have a room with a bay view, you also have a view of the pool which adds to the beauty of the view.

So, now that I've established what I really like about the property, I'll add my thoughts on the hotel itself... I must agree that the building is a little dated, but its more the design of the building as opposed to the furnishings. In fact the most of the interior (furniture, carpeting, furnishings, etc) looked quite new/modern. Additionally the rooms are very large with a bedroom and completely separate living room. Each room also has a 'kitchen' area with a sink, coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave (which really raises my level of satisfaction with a hotel when it has these). The bathroom also was pretty nice and modern. There's a big modern TV in both rooms. The bed and pillows were very comfy, but the rest of the furniture (couch, chairs etc) was kind of cheap and not comfy at all. (But to me the bed comfort is the most important aspect of the room, so I don't much care about the other furniture) I had breakfast in the restaurant a few days and it was pretty decent. I was also pretty happy with the TV channel selection as compared to other hotels I've stayed at lately.

Of course there were a few negatives that I noticed, so I'll list them: The elevators were really annoying. They weren't slow, but there is only 2 of them for a hotel with over 150 rooms, so they are always hard to get and they stop on almost every floor when going up and down (adds a lot of delay if you're on the 6th or 7th floor). This place needs 3 or 4 elevators. Another negative, but kind of a minor one, was that in the kitchen area there was a huge area of cabinets under the 'kitchen' counter where the micro, coffe, etc sits. But despite the 4 or 5 cabinet doors, none of them opened? They are apparently fake doors that don't open despite all of the storage area behind them. I had a lot of snacks and other stuff that I wanted to store in the cabinets, but instead I had to pile them on the counter top. And finally, the last negative I'll mention was the AC. As others have mentioned it was pretty loud. But it really didn't affect my sleep too much.

And lastly I want to add my thoughts on the staff because I don't quite agree with all of the sparkling comments others have made here. I didn't find the staff to be horrible, but I wasn't impressed. Most of the staff that I interacted with was professional and polite, such as the waiter at breakfast each day that was really good. But there were a few that just weren't that nice such as the shuttle driver that just parked right in the middle of the driveway (blocking it) and glanced at me and then ignored me when I honked for him to move over (he made me back all the way back out instead of moving over) or the restauarant host that just looked at me indifferently without saying a word on my last morning when I walked in and said 'good morning, a table for one please'. So these few individuals didn't represent all of the staff members, but I just found the customer service overall to be so-so, not outstanding whatsoever.

In summary... I did like this place and would definitely stay again. It does have some issues, but overall it is pretty nice and the location is great.

Room Tip: Do whatever necessary to get a room facing the bay. The rooms on the other side aren't worth staying in.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business