Arrived on 3/17/2013. Am currently here while writing this on 4/2/2013 My expectations were low. I just need a clean, safe place to stay with a reliable internet connection. It does seem clean and safe. The internet connection is the problem for me. I chose to stay here because I thought they would have high-speed internet. I do a lot of work on-line so I really need a solid internet connection. It doesn't have to be super fast, just reliable.
The place met my immediate expectations. It's a little beat up, but that's part of why the price is right.
My BIG problem is with the internet connection. I paid extra for 30 days of high speed internet. It worked great for two days, then it was completely down for over 2 days while they replaced some hardware. Then it worked good for a couple of days, then for the last 9 days it has barely worked at all. It gets worse each day. 9 days ago I spent an hour on the phone with tech support. According to their tests everything's great so it must be my computer right? Besides, they've already got my money. But, I have a bachelor's degree in computer science and a master's degree in software engineering. There's nothing wrong with my computer. And, I need to work from it.
I'd like to stay for another month or two, but I'm going to have to leave because the Wifi speed is about 28Kbits/sec at it's fastest. As far as management is concerned there's no problem because they've already got my money. They probably won't even care when I have them refund a few weeks of it because I'm leaving early.
I travel about 11 months out of the year. This has the worst internet connection of all the places I've stayed in the last year (20+ different places around the country). Because of the internet problems I will never consider coming back. It's too bad. Other than that, the place would be acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Tampa North Airport Hotel Tampa
- Extended Stay America Tampa
- Homestead Hotel Tampa