“Has improved in the last few years, but needs better management”

Miller's Ale House Tampa
Ranked #568 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Miller's Ale House restaurant provide top-quality food at a great value in a casual neighborhood tavern atmosphere. Choose between New York Strip, lobster, original pastas, fresh salads and favorites like Zingers(R) boneless wings and homemade desserts. Our full-service bar features more than 75 beers, plus wine and liquor.
Wesley Chapel
“Has improved in the last few years, but needs better management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I used to love coming here for a date night or with the family, or with friends, but the quality of the menu and food had gone so downhill, we stopped. However now, we're trying to revive the tradition of going on certain game days.

This is a sports themed restaurant, which we love. However, there was a TV set right over my head above the booth and I had to shout to the server and those I was sitting with. There were three TV's near the kitchen area and I suspect our server and the kitchen staff had a miscommunication on our order because they couldn't hear each other. I would suggest the monitors be moved to different locations, but please do keep them! We like the variety of games on.

Food: The clam chowder tastes like it came from a can one can buy from a grocery store. The chili is so much better than it used to be, but it was obviously nuked. The loaded "seasoned" fries were not seasoned, our server didn't seem to know ranch dressing comes with them, however, she was otherwise wonderful. A friend had been craving a burger for most of the weekend, and when it was ordered well done, I feared the worst. It turned out juicy and delicious, which is hard to do. One had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich and loved it, didn't love the fries, another had the Oriental Chicken and liked it, and I had the snow crab, which came out a bit cold, but otherwise good. The rice was very good, which everyone received, although I was was the only one who asked for it. Everyone else ordered fries or salad. The cole slaw was also very good.

If there had been a manager supervising, I feel the mistakes on this visit wouldn't have happened and there should not have been a TV right above our table.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank RachelWesleyChapel
MAH2010, Front Office Manager at Miller's Ale House Tampa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thanks for your feedback and will use it to strive to always be better.

Sincerely
Miller's Ale House

Tampa, Florida
“Lots of Football, but just an average place to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have been here quite often for quick work lunch and now and then with friends. Aside from the fact that the wooden bar stools and benches are hard and uncomfortable, the menu is large but honestly just average bar food. Last visit we had a burger and a zinger plate that sat too long under a warmer and were hard as a rock. This is not my first choice when I think about a place to get a beer and something to eat.

• Visited September 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Unbelievable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a establishment that I frequent in Carrollwood. My god daughter's birthday was 9/6 and I suggested this place for her dinner. she turned 18 and thought she and friends would enjoy it. We called on Tuesday and set arrangements for a party of 15. When we arrived, they claimed there was no record os the call So there we were, bewildered. The manager kept sending other employees out and took 30 minutes to address the issue and then he would not even make eye contact with us. I could not believe how unprofessional the staff treated us as well as the RUDENESS! I was shocked and embarrased since I swore that this was an awesome place to eat. We were seated after over an hour, Despite the manager in his dirty attire, our server was awesome and we tipped her according to her service. They lost a devoted customer. I have never had a complaint with the food, so I'll go to Brandon and try that one.

• Visited September 2012
Sandnes, Norway
“Cold food!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were in Doral for a week and experienced 6 great meals there. We then came to Tampa and were quite satisfied when we discovered another Ale House there as well. However, we were not satisfied with the food. We tried it twice - first day OK but the second visit was not a good experience. The food was cold, and when we askes the waitor to heat it up, we recieved it with the same temperature. Besides that, we also found a hair in one of the burgers.
This was not the Doral standard!!!!

• Visited July 2012
South Korea
“Great sports bar, ho hum food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Went for a UFC event with a bunch of friends and fellow fans. Atmosphere was great and the place got packed around event time. No cover change which was great. Good selection of beers and other drinks, and our service was pretty good despite the huge amount of people and all the servers being busy. Food was blah... Lots of selections but most of the opinions at our table was that the food was bland, over or under cooked, and without much flavor... Really a shame. I'd go back to watch more sports events but temper your expectations for the food