“Great children's museum”

Glazer Children's Museum
Ranked #18 of 196 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Glazer Children's Museum is a 53,000 square foot facility in the heart of Downtown Tampa. Created specifically for children 10 and under, the Museum is a place where parents and children can learn through play and shared discovery. We offer 170 "interactivities" in 12 themed areas for families to explore and connect while having fun along the way.The Museum can be easily reached from anywhere in the Tampa Bay area. All themed areas on most exhibits are wheel chair accessible.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Have been to many children's museums. Always visit one in any town that I find myself. This children's museum is one of the best. This place is very entertaining for young children. You could spend all day here. It is very interactive and hands on. Young children can be entertained for a very long time here. There were staff members available for activities and assistance if needed. The outside of the building is very pretty with beautiful mosaics. Multi levels of activities. You have the ability to leave and have lunch and return without having to pay again. That is a nice option that is not always available in other museums.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I took our 5 and 8 year old granddaughters to Glazer Children's Museum last Friday. It was a blast. Three and one-half hours later, we ushered our now exhausted grandchildren back to the car. They weren't the only ones worn out. There are a lot of fun, and generally educational, things to do. It was certainly time well spent and we will be back.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Some things were not working, but that seems to be the way it goes with places like this (big one in St Louis was much worse). That being said, it was good and my son enjoyed it. I would go again, but the price is a bit more than I would expect. They do on occasion offer discounts or free admission.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My nephew and his wife were here from Alaska with their almost one year old child. On a recent rainy Saturday, I suggested to them the Glazer Children's Museum (because I had heard such great things about the museum). It must have been the media hype that I had heard. After hearing about their experience, I emailed the President of the Museum, with no response. Hence my trip advisor warning for anyone that may refer friends and family to the museum.

What I was told was many of the exhibits were non functional. The "engineering" has room for extensive improvements (my nephew is a mechanical engineer). At $15.00 per adult (because their son was under 1 year of age, his admission was free.

Having heard their disappointment of the museum, I would HIGHLY recommend anyone having a remote interest in referring a friend to this establishment, STAY AWAY!

6  Thank LauriC67
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I don't live in Tampa, but have been here 3-4 times over the last few years. This last visit I found new exhibits to explore with the grand-kids.
Downstairs the big attraction is the huge Kidsport. There are little raincoats to wear for splashing through the various activities.
Every little boy likes dinosaurs and my grandson is no exception. There is an area upstairs where the little ones can put on dress up outfits to play in.
The medical area is aslo popular, with a large human body puzzle, play medical equipment and fun activities.
Even my 8 month old granddaughter got to play in the balls and crawl through a tunnel in the area dedicated to the tiniest visitors.
The best part was getting the grandson to climb the 35 foot tall water drop structure.I had to go in with him at first, then he realized how much fun it was and climbed to the top over and over.
Next time you are in Tampa, take time to visit with your little ones!

2  Thank Angie B