“Great for kids 4-7, but ages 1-10 can appreciate it”

Glazer Children's Museum
Ranked #27 of 196 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Glazer Children's Museum is a 53,000 square foot facility in the heart of Downtown Tampa. Created specifically for children 10 and under, the Museum is a place where parents and children can learn through play and shared discovery. We offer 170 "interactivities" in 12 themed areas for families to explore and connect while having fun along the way.The Museum can be easily reached from anywhere in the Tampa Bay area. All themed areas on most exhibits are wheel chair accessible.
New Jersey
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Great for kids 4-7, but ages 1-10 can appreciate it”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Took our 1 year old granddaughter. She loved most of the activities - though clearly in her own way as most of the exhibits are aimed at children at least 3-4 years old. A child can easily spend hours here (at one or more of the many "areas") but their parents will probably want to move on to see what else there is (that's what happened to us). There is an annual family membership that is worth the money (it pays for itself with only 3 visits for 2 parents and 1 child) - but that's partially because it is fairly expensive for a day's visit -- and it bothered me that they charge the regular children's price for a 1 year old. All in all, highly recommended - and as my son said, especially in the hot days of summer!

Visited September 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“More for the little kids”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Took my boys here because it was 5 dollar admission days. You can't really complain when you are paying the same amount you would pay for a footlong sandwich. My kids are 11 and 8. If they were still 5 and 2 this would have been perfect. But the 11 year old was bored out of his noggin. Have you hung out with a bored tween. I'm surprised his eyes didn't fall out from all the rolling. But it was a great value and once again if the kids were younger, it would have been perfect.

Visited September 2013
NJ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice but should be cheaper for kids.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

A nice place for visit for a few hours.

Kids 7 and below will enjoy the most.

Only downside is the prices could have been cheaper. We saw some discounted tickets after as you always do.

Also I am one of those parents who wants my child to behave and be polite by not pushing. You will find a load of parents that completely switch of at this place resulting in lots of unsupervised kids which spoils it a bit for the rest if the kids.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Horrifying experience!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I have two toddlers age 3 and visited this museum. I am just surprised there have not been any serious accidents with all the stairs and iron bars used on the second floor. A child could easily fall from the second floor. Not to mention that mesh netting suspended in air accessed from the second floor. It's horrifying. I would not let my kids go in it. Also, it just seems dirty and some of the exhibits were not working and others had pieces scattered with no one cleaning them up. Not worth the money. Great Explorations in St. Pete is so much better for younger kids. It may be smaller but clean, the exhibits were well maintained and the employees were very attentive. Most importantly I didn't feel my kids were in any danger.

9 Thank eftixismeni
Glen Allen, Virginia
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“A good place to spend four or five hours with your kids.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We bring our kids to the children's museum in every city that we visit. This was one of the better museums we have visited, but not better than Houston or Phoenix. This museum has a good variety of activities for children of all ages. Kids City is one of the larger Kids Cities we have seen and it is nice that there is a toddler area on each floor. Our two year old and one year old loved it. Our one year old especially liked seeing one of the Wild Things (it was The Wild Things weekend). What I continue to not understand is how these museums charge adults for admission. This museum could also use a few more tables to accomodate the lunch crowd. With that said, this a very good place to spend several hours with your kids.

Visited August 2013

Been to Glazer Children's Museum? Share your experiences!