“Wee one wonderful!”

Glazer Children's Museum
Ranked #20 of 198 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Glazer Children's Museum is a 53,000 square foot facility in the heart of Downtown Tampa. Created specifically for children 10 and under, the Museum is a place where parents and children can learn through play and shared discovery. We offer 170 "interactivities" in 12 themed areas for families to explore and connect while having fun along the way.The Museum can be easily reached from anywhere in the Tampa Bay area. All themed areas on most exhibits are wheel chair accessible.
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I went on a rainy Tuesday before lunch, which turned out to be perfect- no crowds. I felt like the price was okay for kids but high for adults and older kids, which I will explain. My son is 20 months old and this place is absolutely outstanding for that age group. I would say this museum is aimed at the 1-5 year old age group- anyone older would not get much out of it. All of the playrooms, water toys, rubber sandbox, climb on stuff and learning tools would not be appropriate for kids over 6 or 7 and all the parents can do is hang out and watch their kids live it up in this super cool kid friendly place- which is why I think the adult price and kids over 12 price is high. I would have to pay 15$ for my 13 year old daughter to tag along with her baby brother and I, as this museum offers nothing for older kids. With that being said, it really is a great children museum for your wee ones. My son loves it there, and we can stay for about 2 to 3 hours and it is still tough to get him out peacefully. It's a wild child's dream come true!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This museum has a costly entry price and usually overcrowded at all times of the day, it's more of a headache than fun for kids & adults. The sections are great ideas, like the rubber sand "beach," but since only a couple kids and then their adults can squeeze into any section, it's always just kids fighting or getting stepped on or unruly children messing up exploration of the other kids without any space to put between them. We almost always just play for a bit, then have some sort of tangle with another kid then have to move on and repeat it through each section. This is also the only place I haven't been able to easily keep an eye on my kid, even when I may only be a 2 feet away, because there are so many more adults than kids all the time. I am actually a smaller framed individual who is used to keeping up with my kid and it's just impossible to navigate through the crowds while holding my son's hand.

2  Thank PerkyNomad
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The first floor aqua-table is unlike anything I've seen at a museum. My boys are 6 and 8 and still could spend an hour on that exhibit alone. We also love the large climbing area. What a great way for kids to learn. This museum is on-par with those that you might find in major cities.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the greatest places I've ever seen for kids.
There are activities for all ages and tastes. I brought my 16 months toddler & he had a blast! Some activities were not interesting to him because of his young age but he had so many others to choose from. He loved the water station on the first floor, the boat experience and the Lego station on the second one.
We spent 2 good hours & I was overwhelmed by visual stimulation though the place was not overcrowded.
We had some very good time.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Plan to spend the whole day in this amazing museum. Your children will be overwhelmed with all the activities this place has for them. It's quite far from home (Downtown Tampa) but your kids will love you forever if you take them there. Nothing specific to describe because the whole place is wonderful.

Been to Glazer Children's Museum? Share your experiences!