“We love it here!”

Glazer Children's Museum
Ranked #27 of 196 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Glazer Children's Museum is a 53,000 square foot facility in the heart of Downtown Tampa. Created specifically for children 10 and under, the Museum is a place where parents and children can learn through play and shared discovery. We offer 170 "interactivities" in 12 themed areas for families to explore and connect while having fun along the way.The Museum can be easily reached from anywhere in the Tampa Bay area. All themed areas on most exhibits are wheel chair accessible.
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“We love it here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love taking my son here! He discovers something different everytime we visit. It's in a wonderful location - right next to Curtis Hixon Park, so we are able to spend most of the day! Also, the $2 Target Tuesdays are the best! It's the first Tuesday of each month and some months you get in for free. I've found it's best to go when they first open or close to the time they close; there are fewer kids and you feel like you have the place to yourself.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Kimberly J

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My daughter, son, husband, and I ADORE this place, it's fun for the whole family. We smile so much our cheeks hurt, lol!! One little thing, if you are going to go to thier 2$ Target Tuesday, its the 2nd tuesday of the month, and come very very VERY early otherwise you will be waiting forever, and just hope it doesnt reach capacity while you're still in line. I fully recommend paying full price on a different day, its not as crowded and the kids will have more fun, not arguing with others for toys or turns.... believe me I learned that the hard way.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Mona_hoyulea
Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not well kept up!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

My review would have been closer to poor had the kids actually not had fun,however they did.My complaint is the exhibits are not kept up,I saw 2 total staff members the entire time.I am not a germ freak by any means but the building or the exhibits are not kept clean nor do half of them work properly.They had dress up clothes and hats that appeared not to have been washed ever.They did have antibacterial dispensers around but 90% of them were empty.The bathrooms were terrible and unclean.The trash cans everywhere looked as if they had not been emptied all day,they were flowing over with garbage.It just felt dirty.However I must say the kids had a good time because they don't care about such things.The concept is awesome and it is sad that it is not being taken care of properly.The Glacier family should have someone keeping an eye on something that had their name on it.Sadly I could not recommend this to any of my friends.Guess living in Florida and going to Disney makes us expect everything should be as well kept up.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Sandy R
Brandon, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it but a bit expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Open late on summer and discount on parking after 3hrs would be great. I had to reserve some money for parking but that extra money could be used in food & drinks for my daughters, 4hrs for $6. I could spend all day there but because of the expensive parking i had to limit my stay. The best way to go if you can afford it, is to get the membership cuz parking is free. Great place, my kids always have a blast there, the water outside is a plus but a little cold. If on a budget and have more then 1 kid, bring your own snacks & drinks cuz they're a bit expensive in there, 60z bottle water $1, 4pcs nuggets $2, small kid apple juice $2, small floating turtle fits in the palm of my hand, like a 2x2, $9.99, not even worth 4.99 but was willing to pay that, not $10,crazy.

Visited July 2012
Mount Dora, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great indoor activity with kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a wonderful time with our 18 month old at the children's museum. She loved the huge "sand" box made with little rubber pieces instead of sand. She also liked shopping in the Publix grocery exhibit. This is a great indoor activity to escape the Florida heat or on a rainy day. We came in from Orlando and stayed two nights in Tampa, also visiting the Florida Aquarium. Was a nice weekend spending quality time with our little one. They also have a splash pad with tons of water fountains for the kids to run through right outside the museum.

Visited June 2012

Been to Glazer Children's Museum? Share your experiences!