“Always a good time at Ciro's”

Ciro's Speakeasy & Supper Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciro's Speakeasy & Supper Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Howard Ave
Description: Enter an underground world of beaded curtains, fresh cocktails, and decadent food.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to Ciro's the first time back in 2011 but am only just getting around to writing a review after my recent visit this week. I've been there many times and have never had a bad experience. The servers have always been wonderful and knowledgable about the drinks. If you're a small group, I would recommend sitting by the bar and looking at the bartender make some of the novel drinks, it's a lot of fun. The drinks menu is quite extensive and there is something for everyone's palate. We had rum, whiskey, gin drinkers in our group and everyone found something they loved. I personally love their Corn fed peach sour (with moonshine :)) and Tryst (Gin and cucumber). Their food is great too, the duck fries are quite good but now that they've starting 'triple frying' them, they're just way too greasy. I recommend the Rosemary grilled lamb and truffle popcorn and the Belgian waffle with bacon nibs for dessert. They have cozy little booths that are dimly lit (you can adjust the lighting for your booth) and some fun1920s music playing (live music on Mondays), that adds to the ambience. Definitely one of my favorite places to go to in Tampa!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The lady manager at the bar was rude and abrupt with no appriciation with how much biz I sent her resturante and it's affiliates, from on hospitality executive to another that lady should be probably let go because her ideals and customer relations suck! From the biggest corprate hotel luxury chain in the world as a consurege loyalty employee should never recommend her or this establishment till she leaves it

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Although just now writing a review for Ciro's I have actually been here several times since my first visit. This is the best date night!! Dark, sexy, and lots of fun. Deviled eggs, truffle popcorn and chicken and waffles are all delicious(truffle popcorn, who'd of thought!). Crab martini was good but not amazing and the sliders are really too big to be called sliders but what guy doesn't like that! I recommend ordering one or two things at a time as portions seem big for tasting plates here. Be adventurous and try the drinks on the menu. Descriptions are adequate and servers are very knowledgeable in helping you pick things you would like. I don't think I ever had a drink I didn't love and I thought I was a vodka/beer kind of girl. The first time here my husband was still stuck on vodka, almost seemed to(in a good-natured way) offend the server but then he volunteered up a specialty one of the bartenders had concocted that tastes just like root beer!! Don't remember what to call it but its awesome!! This is not the place to come if you are short on time or going elsewhere later. Ciro's is an entire experience in and of itself. Servers are very good at knowing when you want to be left alone and when to chat you up, let them!! Their knowledge of the drinks, liquor and prohibition is as special as the drinks themselves. The drinks can take a while so try to order when your glass is less then half full so you are not wanting for anything, and if you are feeling adventurous I highly recommend trying their absinth. Had never tried in the past even though I worked at bars that carried it because was kind of afraid. They put on a show for you, entertaining you with stories about the history of absinth, people and places known for it, as the absinth is dispensed one drop at a time over a sugar cube that is later lit on fire and stirred into. Very fun!! Can't wait to return

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went with a group of 10 people, and were seated in the back room. The room was fine, entire place is very, very dark. The waitress kept turning the music up every time she was about to speak, very weird. We asked her to turn it down several times so we could hear her, not sure the reason, but we ended up doing it ourselves since she seemed to like talking over the music? The drinks were ok, very expensive, very little alcohol in the "fruity" type drinks, all solid ice ball and not much else. They ran out of mint, and we were there fairly early. The waitress told us several times that we needed to hurry and finish since there was a party booked in our room after us. Very rude, especially since we waited at least 30 min. for our first round of drinks. Suggest ordering right away and then again when you are about 1/2 way through your first drink if you want a chance to get a second. Food was just snack food, the popcorn was good but too much truffle oil. The crab cake looked good, the sliders were fair. The duck fat fries were excellent. But really no food there to make a real meal. Eat something first and snack there. Oh, and there are tables that are about 12x12 inches on which to set both your food and drinks, very uncomfortable and staff had a very hard time working around us. I definitely would not return. The valet is rude, and this was just not a good experience. Soooo many nice places to go in the area, don't waste your time or money.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Is there a better word than amazing? Stupendous? Marvelous? Anyhow...let's just say the drinks are akin to a party in your mouth...an authentic party. It is all in the details...form the correct glass ware...to different types of ice...real cherries...all of the juices and fun stuff made in house...All of the drinks taste amazing (I think we settled on amazing) from the girly fruity drinks to the man drinks (think Old Fashioned) I could go on but hopefully you are salivating...I know I am. Some of the food is good some is meh...I go here for the drinks and the chance to wear my party dress.