“Highly recommended for locals and visitors”

Urban Kai Stand-Up Paddleboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: In Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg Florida, Urban Kai Stand Up Paddle Board Shop (located in two locations on Tampa Bay) is teaching, touring and offering fitness classes for stand up paddle boarding (SUP), and it’s the latest recreational, low impact, and fun activity to get into top shape! It looks like the miracle of “walking on water” but you are actually floating on water while standing up and paddling. We offer fitness classes, private lessons, adventure tours, and rentals in the Tampa Bay and florida areas. We also provide kayaks for rent.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highly recommended for locals and visitors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had our first paddle-boarding experience yesterday at Urban Kai and it was delightful. The check-in process was fast and simple and before we knew it we were in the water on our boards. It took us only a few minutes to get the hang of it and we were off paddling north on the Hillsborough river. It was easier than expected and a much more close-to-nature and physical experience than boating. The team is down to earth, friendly, and knowledgable and seems to be really enthusiastic about their business. Very refreshing to have something like that in Tampa. Highly recommended for locals and visitors! Next time - yoga on the paddle boards.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Rakefet B

158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The instructors are informative and friendly. Very scenic route on Hillsborough River. I would highly recommend this place!

Visited July 2013
“Awesome SUP lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had my first SUP lesson this past weekend. I had an awesome time. The instructor (Chris Murphy) was very paitent as I got my "sea legs". He was an excellent instructor. He made me feel very comfortable on the board. I really appreciated it. I had a great time on the water. I look forward to getting some more "time on water" with the staff from Urban Kai. I would highly recommend going to Urban Kai for lessons or rentals. I have had excellent customer service everytime I have gone here. These guys ROCK!

Visited June 2013
Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Group tour of Weedon Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been on two other paddleboard excursions and this was the very best! Mike gave our group of seven great instructions on how to paddle correctly-I learned to do it right this time! They had 3 people helping our group so no one got left behind! It was a beautiful area to see- lots of wildlife and everyone really enjoyed themselves!
Thanks so much!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cheryl M
“Absolutely Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My daughter and I spent the afternoon paddle boarding with Mike and Amy. It was a great day. I highly recommend them and cannot wait to go again.

Visited April 2013