“Awesome SUP lesson”

Urban Kai Stand-Up Paddleboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: In Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg Florida, Urban Kai Stand Up Paddle Board Shop (located in two locations on Tampa Bay) is teaching, touring and offering fitness classes for stand up paddle boarding (SUP), and it’s the latest recreational, low impact, and fun activity to get into top shape! It looks like the miracle of “walking on water” but you are actually floating on water while standing up and paddling. We offer fitness classes, private lessons, adventure tours, and rentals in the Tampa Bay and florida areas. We also provide kayaks for rent.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Tampa, Florida
“Awesome SUP lesson”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had my first SUP lesson this past weekend. I had an awesome time. The instructor (Chris Murphy) was very paitent as I got my "sea legs". He was an excellent instructor. He made me feel very comfortable on the board. I really appreciated it. I had a great time on the water. I look forward to getting some more "time on water" with the staff from Urban Kai. I would highly recommend going to Urban Kai for lessons or rentals. I have had excellent customer service everytime I have gone here. These guys ROCK!

Visited June 2013

Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Group tour of Weedon Island”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been on two other paddleboard excursions and this was the very best! Mike gave our group of seven great instructions on how to paddle correctly-I learned to do it right this time! They had 3 people helping our group so no one got left behind! It was a beautiful area to see- lots of wildlife and everyone really enjoyed themselves!
Thanks so much!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cheryl M
“Absolutely Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My daughter and I spent the afternoon paddle boarding with Mike and Amy. It was a great day. I highly recommend them and cannot wait to go again.

Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“What and Urban Adventure!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Urban Kai has such a unique experience to offer! I frequently have been paddling in the river right in front of the shop to downtown Tampa. What an experience and so many sites to see! It's not often you can take in a cities beauty, hustle and bustle, all while relaxing and getting in shape! Sundays I have also been attending Urban Kai's SUP102 and Yoga On The Water classes! What a way to unwind and really start the day off right. I definitely recommend Urban Kai to any beginners, intermediates, or pro's in the paddleboard world! Urban Kai is the original SUP shop of Tampa bay and has wonderful,energetic,helpful, and extremely skilled staff members. I can't wait to get back on the water with them!

Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great family adventure”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We could not have been happier with our experience with Urban Kai. Mike, the owner, was friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. My children are ages 10-17 and they all did great. The one hour trip was the perfect amount of time. The river was clean and easy to paddle on. Make sure you take time to eat at Rick's on the River right next door. Excellent fish sandwiches and fun atmosphere.

Visited March 2013