“Awesome Tour / Paddle Social”

Urban Kai Stand-Up Paddleboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: In Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg Florida, Urban Kai Stand Up Paddle Board Shop (located in two locations on Tampa Bay) is teaching, touring and offering fitness classes for stand up paddle boarding (SUP), and it’s the latest recreational, low impact, and fun activity to get into top shape! It looks like the miracle of “walking on water” but you are actually floating on water while standing up and paddling. We offer fitness classes, private lessons, adventure tours, and rentals in the Tampa Bay and florida areas. We also provide kayaks for rent.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Awesome Tour / Paddle Social”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had a great time paddling with Mike and Aimee of Urban Kai through downtown Tampa. They definitely know the sport and local waterways. Their wednesday night events are a great way to meet local paddlers and find out more about all their other tours and events. Considering their upcoming paddle surf camp.

Visited September 2012

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Amazing Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

First time out paddling and it was great! Aimee and Mike are wonderful people who truly love what they do! Mike was very informative with the instructions that were simple and pretty straight forward. The tour was amazing! I highly recommend Urban Kai to anyone interested in trying out paddle boarding for the first time!

Visited September 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Crystal River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My first time out paddle boarding was in Crystal River with the Urban Kai team. They were incredibly patient and very informative! They really know what they're doing. The team loves the sport and by the end of your first lesson, so will you!

Visited April 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUP 101 - Memorable and Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booked a lesson for my family (5 of us paddling and 1 rider). The lesson was very informative and instructional, and we were out on the water in no time. My youngest learner, at age 9, was on his feet and going, faster than I imagined he would. SUP is fantastic exercise and you'll wake up muscle groups you didn't know you had. We were in great hands with Aimee and Mike, and they took great care of all of us. Thanks to them, we are hooked!

Visited July 2012
Frenchman's Cove, NL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it! Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Booked a 2 person private lesson at the Weedon Island Preserve for myself and my 8 year old niece. We had a great time, Aimee and Mike were very professional and patient with beginners. Aimee, in particular, had a terrific rapport with my niece. We could not have had a better time. We only wished we had tried the stand up paddle boarding at the beginning of our vacation so we could have taken more than one lesson. Would definately recommend to other vacationers and locals alike. Next time I am in the area, I will be booking lessons again. Beautiful location and great fun! Can't wait to do this again.

Visited July 2012