“Overall good.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Tampa, FL
“Overall good.”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Pretty good food. Just ok service. Artsy atmosphere.

Tampa, Florida
“Ellas”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Sunday brunch can be fun with the live music, southern style dishes are the way to go

Tampa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food I know of”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I live in Seminole Heights and eat at Ella's frequently. IMO, it's the best food in the Seminole Heights area (that I've tried) and can't think of anywhere else where I like the food better. Sure, Ella's is a little on the expensive side with most everything on the menu being $12-$18 or so, but the way I see it, high end food is worth paying extra for. Nothing I have ever ordered at Ella's has ever been anything less than excellent.. Note to the owners - please don't change a thing!

I never leave hungry (and sometimes have leftovers) and the service is always friendly and attentive. 5 stars all the way.

Visited December 2011
Ft Myers
“Out of this world”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This my second time eating at Ella's and was just as great as the first time, The first time was on a Sunday and they called it soul food sunday, Rib served in your Bloody Mary, were killer, the flavors in the food are unbelieveable, Ribs, Biscuit & Gravy , Fried Chicken and waffles, need I say anymore, Last nite we took a special friend out for dinner Charlie is leaving Tampa area, the boys had Pork Chop dish and I had meatloaf like never before, if your in the area or not in the area make sure you go and check it out this wonderful comfort food place, the staff are great and you won't be disappoionted. Need a place like this in everytown, if you would like to come to Fort Myers, please let me know, looking forward to my next trip to Ella's

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank brigettte
Nashville, Tennessee
“Soul Food Sunday. Great vibe, average food/service.”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I guess I need a disclaimer - I am Southern, so I had very high expectations for "Soul Food Sunday". We were 3 adults + 1 child. The wait was long so we sat on the patio and ordered some drinks/apps. The fried pickles & cornbread were both FABULOUS! Southern people eat everything fried and these were done in a unique way w/some dip that was great! I had a Guava Mimosa and my friend a Bloody Mary (actually served w/a short rib in the drink). We were eventually seated - but the food failed to impress. Their claim to fame is fried chicken and waffles - again, I am from Tennessee - so this is not uncommon. The waffle was good, but the chicken was cooked in old grease so therefore not golden brown. Also the chicken was mostly dark meat. A cheap excuse for chicken and waffles in my opinion. The cheese grits were pretty outstanding, hot and tasty! I agree w/the earlier review - the service (Charlie) was inattentive - until the bill arrived, then we was our best friend. I would recommend this place as a hangout - but the drinks were expensive (almost $8 for Bloody Mary) and the vibe is great - lots of art on the walls. But if you are hungry, not worth the wait.

• Visited November 2011