“Great place!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Raeford, North Carolina
“Great place!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner and enjoyed everything about it. The drinks were great and the food was superb. The chocolate cake and caramel cheesecake were great choices for dessert so, save room or get it to go.

Tampa, Florida
“Texas de Brazil......meat galore”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was our first visit to the restaurant last Saturday evening. We had an early reservation 5pm as we had another engagement that evening. When we arrived there were a few other occupied tables. We sat at a center table not far from the salad bar. The salad bar was nice and fresh....a variety of fresh roasted vegetables with various vinaigrettes, Grana Padana, prosciutto, soppressata, and numerous cheeses to select from..,,,there was lobster bisque (whic I understand is superb, but due to alcohol content,m I did not have any as I am on medications which cannot be combined with alcohol)...there was also a mushroom dish with wine, I believe. The meats were overwhelming....so many to choose from and frequently we had 3-4 meat carvers at once at our table.. My personal feeling is that they should prepare more on the rare side (as that is my meat preference) Rare was few and far between. Our waiter was excellent from start to finish...very knowledgeable about everything and a pleasure to have on our first visit to this restaurant. We ended our amazing dinner with dessert. I had the creme brulee and my husband had the chocolate mousse cake. A spectacular ending to a lovely meal. Kudos to all at Texas de Brazil.

2 Thank oahudog
Brandon, Florida, United States
“LOVE THIS PLACE”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have frequented this place about 4-5 times. It is always our pick for birthdays since we discovered it. It is a whole different experience then any other restaurant i have been too. My husband and i are meat lovers and always leave way to full because we have to try everything they bring us. The salad/side bar is decent, i wish they had a better selection, the finger snacks are okay, but the lobster bisque is to die for and my favorite thing to eat is the fried bananas! i know they are a pallet cleanser but i can put a few down. the meats are so tender and delicious, my mouth is watering right now thinking about it. The best time to go is on a week night because it isn't so busy and they hit you with the meats faster. but they always ask if you would like something specific and they pop right over to the table pretty fast. The price is a bit high, about $100 for two, so we only go for special occasions but i feel for the quality and location its fair. Oh, they have the best after dinner coffee!!

• Visited March 2014
Port Richey, Florida
“Meat Fest”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of meat but I really loved all of the meats at Texas de Brazil. They really know how to cook their meats right, and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience there. The salad bar (which isn't really just a salad bar because it has so much more than just salad) is really good, too. Go with a big appetite. This is not the place to go if you just want something light.

Visited April 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have eaten at many Brazilian Steak houses over the years such as Fogo de Chao, Boizaos and the Texas de Brazil in Dallas- but this one in Tampa was a BIG disappointment. We were celebrating my wifes birthday and were a group of 6 including 2 kids.Here goes:
1. We got what could be the worst possible location for a table- right by the entrance to the hallway that leads to the restrooms. The servers for some reason walk right past you looking for patrons to the right or in the front- never glancing to the left to see if our cards are turned to green - almost like they dont know there exists a table here. Throughout the dinner, we had to call out to the server or remind the manager that we are sitting there. I would advise anyone going there despite my review to ask for a table in the middle of the room or prominent area.Also, if you want a fresh plate get it yourself but no one is going to stop by and clear your old ones away- so they'll just pile up unless you go to the Manager.
2. The salad bar was the smallest I have ever seen in a Brazilian steak house- generally I love the variety and unusual stuff they have but this one was probably a step over the ones found at Pizza Hut
3. When we did get meat, it was the same 3-4 cuts coming by and they all tasted pretty much the same. We had to beg for the lamb and when it finally came it was down to the bone- they said they'll get fresh one- which then took 20 minutes.
4. I was all set to order a nice bottle of wine but when I asked the waitress for a recommendation- she had no clue - she actually said " we have Red wines and White wines!" She kept trying to answer when all she could have done is get someone who knows their wines- I then asked her if she had a house wine- which she couldnt find on the menu!
5. To top it off, at the end of the evening- I tried to ask the waitress discreetly if they do the birthday thing where they bring a piece of cake or something with a candle (the kids love this) and she answers in a loud voice for all on the table to hear- since you are using a birthday coupon, we dont do the free dessert! DId I ask her whether it was FREE? All I wanted to know is will you'll do that? Needless to say, I was so frustrated by then (as were the rest of our group) we decided to just leave.
6. By the way- unlike other steak houses- this one doesn't do the kitchen tour where you can see how they grill their cuts

All in all, not a great way to spend $300- we would have been better off to go to Burns steak house.

Unfortunately, now that Boizaos has shut down (which by the way- I just loved)- these folks have no competition and maybe thats why they can afford to have such poor customer service. We wont be going back or recommending this place

2 Thank arunmit

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!