“Everything about it was excellent”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Everything about it was excellent”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We went as a family (2 adults and 1 teen 12 year old) on a Sunday and left about as full as we could be. The hot/cold/salad bar was incredible and had great selections. You could almost just fill up on that alone. Once the meats came however it made the meal. The Brazilian special steak and the sausage was excellent. Some of the pork selections were dried out however. The bacon covered chicked was tasty as well. Overall it was a good meal for the price - you get to try a wide variety of items for the price. If you sign up for emails you even get discounts and free meals on your birthday. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited December 2013

Columbus, Nebraska
“Really liked it”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was my first time at a Texas de brazil and I really liked it! Spectacular salad bar, soup, rolls, and the meats were outstanding! Only issue we had was with our waiter. When he first came to our table he told us about the place and talked so fast and not at a good volume that I really had no idea what he said, we really felt rushed and I felt like I needed to hurry up and order my drink so he could move on to the next table. A lot of staff running around it got a little congested at times, but that also could have been the location of our table, right by a check station and entryway. Other than that we loved the food!

• Visited November 2013
“Loved it the first time, what happened?”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The first time I was here with my husband, I had a wonderful experience! This was the restaurant I wanted to go back to. I went with my girlfriend recently and I would not have known it was the same place. Service was slow. We were never offered our sides (I think they were potatoes and plantains), our water was not refilled. The restaurant was pretty quiet that night, so it was not that they were overbooked.

My experience was truly disappointing. Managers--know that the person you have serving is the person that either brings in business or sends it out the door.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Beardancer
Sarasota, Florida
“Carnivore Heaven & Best "Salad" Bar”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

From start to finish you have not had the best meat meal until you have eaten here or my other favorite Fogo de Chao. Both of these are Brazilian steakhouses and both are very high end. The difference here is that because the meats are constantly coming from the hot grill, your individual servings of meat are always hot and fresh... A big steak gets cold after a while... The other key is that you have choices of every meat possible and however much you can eat. The trick is that the salad bar is so good that its a challenge not to fill up on that. For non meat eaters, the salad bar itself is entertaining, so don't feel bad for them... The price is "high", but the value is clearly there, a great way to test it is to go for lunch one day when you have lots of time or a business lunch, at half price it is a bargain!
The wine selection is extensive by every standard, but I am perfectly happy with their reasonably priced house bottle.
The service at this restaurant is amazing, it has to be as each table needs to be served fresh meats every time. The nature of the way food is served lends itself to social gatherings/events, but is also a perfect way to impress business guests. I do both!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kahoru w
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
“First Timer...”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my Brazilian steakhouse experience. Everything was so delicious. The salad bar was amazing, especially the lobster bisque!

Visited November 2013

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!