“What an utter disappointment.”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,416 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Plant City, Florida
“What an utter disappointment.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday evening at the location to an hour and 15 minute wait time. Understandable as it is Saturday evening. My wife and I stayed at the bar and had a couple of drinks. The bar staff was curious and always kept their eyes on our drinks.
We were finally called and sat down. We waited about 8 minutes before a waitress other than ours asked if we've been served. We said no, and she took our drink order and advised who our server was (I'm not giving specific names due to obvious reasons). Our waitress finally made her appearance and she explain how the concept of eating was conducted. She asked how we like our meat cooked (medium well) and gave us the meat choices. We went up to the food bar and began to eat. We waited for medium well meat to come around and decided to take some medium which was still very red to us. It took them about 10 minutes to bring the mash potato and fried banana sides. Not once did the requested desired meat arrive and we had to ask for more sides. We also never saw the filet bacon wrapped, the bacon wrapped chicken. Needless to say we got filled up on sides and some meat that we really didn't want. With 1 drink each, we spent $160. We don't mind spending the money, but we want it to be well worth it.
We will never go this place again, never recommending either.

1 Thank carlosjamescortes

Largo, Florida
“Great meal”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Awesome meal with so many choices from the salad bar to the countless cuts of meat walking by you. Cannot beat it. Brunch is a great time to go Saturday & Sunday, being only 25 a person. Only down side, only free refills for beverages is the water.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Don't Forget The Brunch”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Most people don't consider Brazilian steakhouses as a place to have lunch, but the combination of the closeness of the International Mall and TdeB's Saturday and Sunday Brunch is a winning combination. The offerings were still enormous.
I read that some people did not like the service here, but my wife and I found the service excellent and quick to response to requests. It could be that management is resolving its earlier problems. The salad offerings were less extensive, but better quality than its competition down the street. The meats were of perfect proportion for those who must have one of everything.
Warning: I found the coating on the leg of lamb and similar cuts a little salty, but the carvers will gladly cut you a slice from the next layer of meat.

• Visited January 2013
Round Lake, Illinois
“Great place to celebrate my 50th Birthday”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'm not much of a red meat eater, but I wanted to try it anyway. I was awesome. The atmosphere and decor was great and they let us see where the food was prepared, it's amazing. The salad bar was to die for and I tasted every piece of meat they had. Their signature drink was soo good, I had two and I also had dessert, but had to take most of that home. I left, full, happy and satisfied. What a wonderful time was had by the group I went with.

Visited June 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Come hungry, leave stuffed and satisfied!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wonderful, unique dining experience, with excellent service by waitress and meat carvers. The salad bar is expansive, with fresh cheeses and meats, grilled vegetables, including a creamy, rich lobster bisque soup. Try the Brazilian sangria, it's strong, but smooth- note, the pitcher is large enough for 4 people; with everything you are eating it's too much for just 2. The meat selection is fantastic and they accommodate your temperature preference (from rare to well-done). The flank steak and Parmesan pork chop were very tasty. Salad bar and meat are unlimited, so you can eat as much as you like. So bring your appetite!

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!