“No one better than a brazilian”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Words from a Brazilian guy who was 5 months withou taste the brazilian food: That was the REAL churrasco! Amazing, Outstanding, Marvelous, FANTASTIC!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

It was amazing food. Very good. I am not much of a seafood eater but there are a lot of options on the salad bar for seafood eaters. Sushi, shrimp, lobster bisque soup. Everything I had was sooo good. The meat was amazing and they bring you so much. It is very pricey for me, but if you are a healthy eater I would say its worth it. I think it was almost 45 a person. No menu, you just get everything they have and that is the only option.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This restaurant near the airport and International Plaza is a hidden gem. The decor and service is fantastic. There is a 50 item "salad bar" which include hot soup- tonight's Lobster Bisque- which was great, also blackbeans (caution vegetarians- made with meat), white rice, potatoes in a cream sauce (a little bland) and mushrooms. The salad items include various cheeses, meats, veggie items, salads (couscous was my favorite) and some sushi. At the table you recieve cheese rolls, garlic mashed potatoes and fried bananas. Of course there's the meats that keep coming - all very good and perfectly cooked. The filet was great! Still not full try the creme brulee and the papaya with ice cream for dessert- so light and freshing. The negatives - $$$ it's expensive $45 (?) and $24.99 for just salad bar in case your a vegetarian. For vegetarians I didn't think there were enough none meat/fish dishes on salad bar, but this is a steakhouse.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you are looking for am incredible place to eat in Tampa, Florida, you need to read my entire review here. THIS PLACE IS INCREDIBLE. I ate at this churrascaria restaurant in Tampa this past weekend, and all I can say is "WOW!!!" This was the finest and most amazing place I've eaten in a long time, and I'm not even a big fan of red meat. (I was on this night, though.)

If you've never eaten in a churrascaria, it is simply a place where the servers walk around with swords of different cuts of meat, which they slice onto your place as requested. Texas de Brazil has a separate bar with over 50 (a lot more) side dishes for you to sample, ALL of which are amazing. Yeah, I know...I'm going overboard on this review, but I can't help it. The entire meal I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven, it was that good!

It's tough to say which of the side dishes I enjoyed the most, because they were all so good! Perfectly blanched asparagus spears, wonderful grain salads, Israeli coucous and cranberriy salad, amazing soups....it just went on and on and on. Our waiter, Jorge, was simply the nicest, most accommodating, friendly, and professional waiter I'd had in years. (I tipped him over 30%, and it was a pleasure doing so.)

Of the meats, it's tough to say which one I enjoyed the most, because they were all so very good. (Actually, the pork tenderloin could have been a little more moist, but that was the only down check of the night.) The filet mignon wrapped in bacon was enough to make my taste buds light up the street. Once again...amazing!

Jorge recommended a wonderful drink; a pitcher of sangria mixed with rum. It tasted so good that I had a hard time not chugging each glass without pausing for air. (Probably not a good idea, but it was hard to resist.) Then, for dessert, I had a key lime pie that was just out of this world. Another one in our party had a creme brulet (spelling?), which I sampled because it looked to scrumptious. Well, as good as it looked, it tasted even better, melting into a creamy, vanilla explosion of flavor. Wow!!!

In summary, I simply cannot say enough about this restaurant. It was the best food, the best decore, and the best service I've had in ages. Yes, it was expensive. However, I will always make this my Number One choice to eat whenever I come anywhere close to Tampa.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

These people saved my birthday dinner! :) Before I explained the situation when I opened with "It's my birthday" she stopped me and said "well happy birthday first of all" That's all it took! It was 9:20pm, 10mins before close but in order for them to salvage my dinner they made exceptions and accommodated my party of 6 with no rush! Our server George was amazing and the gauchos (i think thats the name) were very attentive to detail with the cooking term preferences of the whole table. We had 2 pregos and one vegetarian and not once during the whole dinner was there any confusion. Manager visited our table as if we were the first ones in and not the last ones out! :) You can tell they were getting ready to leave but in a much customer friendly way, like asking if we wanted specific cuts, or if we wanted anything specific from the salad bar etc. George even offered to make a fresh pot of coffee once we were done but we didn't want them to have to bother. Yes it might be a bit more expensive than the brazilian steakhouse down the road but the service is well worth it.

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!